DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Mike, do you have a link to the source for the steering components you used? I am in the process of rebuilding my 77 camaro for brackets/ little street use, and will at some point need all these same parts.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Proforg...rZrz7pBoCq8cQAvD_BwE

Super nice comes coated from JEGS

https://www.jegs.com/i/Borgeso...UkqPtkBoCoAQQAvD_BwE

Steering box not coated, I ended spraying it with clear, looks clean.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I’ve been following this thread. I plan a similar path for my 77. I’ve owned it since I got out of high school in 1982. It’s time to show it some attention.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the link. I’ve been following this thread. I plan a similar path for my 77. I’ve owned it since I got out of high school in 1982. It’s time to show it some attention.

Anytime Sir.

I recall a few posts on your 77.

I luv these cars, back in the 1980's I originally had a 71 Z28, the rear sub frame was rotted, I was gonna backhalf but I never really cared for big tires, so I bought a shell, my Nova, to put the engine & trans from the 71 Z28.

This is my do-over,this 454 engine is better than the 454 I went 10.50 at the 1992 Snowbird Nationals, in my Nova.

This car is gonna be driven 200 miles round trip to Orlando SpeedWorld, and be footbraked in Pro or Super Pro, wherever it fits.

I'm doing a video for YouTube on its transformation as well, once it is painted.

Good luck,post some pics of the 1977 Camaro, I like the pionted front end on that year, and the way the back window wraps around.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If possible,can you weigh the old setup vs the new front setup on the new brakes?

Thanks

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
If possible,can you weigh the old setup vs the new front setup on the new brakes?

Thanks

I would have, but that pile was hauled away a week ago.

30-40 pounds pretty accurate estimation.

When Aerospace first got going, they sponsored my Nova with all their products. My Nova is a True SS so it had disc brakes up front.

None of it rolled very good.

When I made the change, I didn't pickup anything et wise, and we raced every Friday night 40 times a year, so it was one week to the next, that I had the new Aerospace setup on the Nova.

That was like 20 years ago, maybe more, I've never had to do any repairs since. Pads is all, so they're durable. And it rolls easy now.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply.
Was just curious. I might just keep the stock setup on my Chevelle since it served me well but always open to options. I plan on going over the whole car this winter.

I can completely understand why you went with Areospace. I as well, like to be able to walk in and talk to someone in person. Always a plus.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike I would post pictures but I’m a dummy at that kind of stuff. The car has rotted out rear frames so it’s getting a back half. Going to set it up to hold a 29.5/10.5 and a 14/32. Ladderbars an aftermarket 9 inch coil overs etc. right now it’s all apart with the front subframe removed to be sand blasted and painted prior to installation of the back half and frame connectors. I have a new never fired 388 and glide left over from my tube chassis Vega I sold to start this project. Goal is a solid mid/low 10 sec et so I can run brackets top or bottom bulb, foot brake and maybe even some super street stuff. Going to take a while. The car got pretty rough sitting under the carport for almost 20 years.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike I would post pictures but I’m a dummy at that kind of stuff. The car has rotted out rear frames so it’s getting a back half. Going to set it up to hold a 29.5/10.5 and a 14/32. Ladderbars an aftermarket 9 inch coil overs etc. right now it’s all apart with the front subframe removed to be sand blasted and painted prior to installation of the back half and frame connectors. I have a new never fired 388 and glide left over from my tube chassis Vega I sold to start this project. Goal is a solid mid/low 10 sec et so I can run brackets top or bottom bulb, foot brake and maybe even some super street stuff. Going to take a while. The car got pretty rough sitting under the carport for almost 20 years.

That's the BEST kind so take lots of befores and afters. Friends were rolling their eyes on this one, not anymore.

It's shaping up better than even I envisioned.

I just got the axles back in this, I had already broke in the gear, before I had the caliper mounting hardware.

Pattern looked perfect, clump of powder on the magnet, wiped the remaining dust off the floor of the housing. Gear will be quiet as a mouse. Valvoline 75w90 conventional Hi Performance.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ordered another Wiseco Pro True Street piston, rings and pin kit, got lucky to get em, Iwas told there is 3 kits available currently in existence. I was told the new kits weren't gonna be available until the middle of February.

Picked up standard bore 454 GM block, and standard standard GM steel crankshaft,thumb rods good price.

Gonna do another 462 identical to the 71 split bumper engine, for my Nova. Or I may sell it we'll see, I got a couple guys bidding on it.

This one will have a dominator carb on it. Same Clay Smith hydraulic roller of course, we like that thing, makes a lot racket.

Pump gas. My Nova still has the factory wiring harness in it, starts withthe key LoL.

Who knows, it might see some street action.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Summit is actually selling these kits now. When I got the first set, in a google search Summit showed a mention the part# existed,but no price, specs etc etc.

It's a nice street strip forged piston kit, comparatively inexpensive.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pretty nice pump gas carb. A guy who was with me for the track officials con job at Bradenton, was gonna sell his car.

I suggested he put it back on the street. Nice small tire factory condition third gen BBC Camaro.

This carb will look like jewelry, black coated intake and valve covers, when the hood is propped.

No lefty libtard track officials to lie, cry and deny out on the streets.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Big block power!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Looks great. Big block power!

TU, I picked it out for him.

He always wanted a dominator on it, had a BLP 4150 methanol carb when he raced on the track.

It's a nice car BMR torque arm, stainless fabbed headers, fab 9, Weld Magnum with bead locks, third gen Camaro.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In other breaking news, I almost made it look easy off the trailer, getting the springs in the front of the 71 split bumper.

Got the first side 95% done in 15 minutes, had both nuts on the spindle when I noticed the spring need turned a 1/4" to lock in the bottom spring cup LoL!

I won't make that mistake again!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
ProForged steering kit and 71 Camaro Borgenson 525 quick ratio steering box kit - JEGS.

Scott @Aerospace Components. St. Petersburg Florida.

Excellent products.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
CRS6385D, any objections to me saying these are good for well over 1000hp with the addition of ARP L19 rod bolts?

I'm doing a pump gas hydraulic roller 496 for myself. I picked these up at garage sale along with JE high compression pistons, we're gonna mill the dome off for pump gas compression ratio.

Should be a decent piece, off to a good start on the cheap.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
retard they have been racing 34 miles from your house since Wednesday for $50k to win each day but Wednesday and you, the internet forums self proclaimed best bracket racer with the world's best small tire, triple chrome plated bumper POS is here rather than racing, trying to sell your rudimentary skills to the naïve and clueless that look to forums for opinions that align with what they have already decided to do.

No one here is surprised! Laughing very hard Loser Mike Rietow

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post