DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
She gonna make some racket.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Foot braker

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Buy em cheap, sell em high.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wait till you see and hear this transformation on the footbrake 71 split bumper, it'll be more apparent than the Lefty social engineers are attempting with covid.

Pump gasser Big Block Chevy

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This oughta look pretty decent out front hood popped Orlando Speedworld car show, turned drag race.

Lots of nice show cars race footbrake & Super Pro in Orlando.

71 split bumper footbraker BBC, gonna fit in well.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello Mike, I have no (none, notta, zilch) experience with pump gas motors and bracket racing. With close tunup and correct carb are they pretty repeatable OR are they predictable as to Heat and ADR. Ex. say a 468 10.5 cr and a single plane int. and say a 950hp carb 260 ish duration at .050, 5500 convertor ,etc. Again I have zero experience with pump gas bracket motors.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Hello Mike, I have no (none, notta, zilch) experience with pump gas motors and bracket racing. With close tunup and correct carb are they pretty repeatable OR are they predictable as to Heat and ADR. Ex. say a 468 10.5 cr and a single plane int. and say a 950hp carb 260 ish duration at .050, 5500 convertor ,etc. Again I have zero experience with pump gas bracket motors.

I think you'll have to be in tune with conditions to be competitive to a larger degree, It's pretty much like that with high compression gasoline engines, they slow down a little more during the day to night, bigger swings in et's.

I've got a general idea how I'm gonna run this engine, nothing set in stone, but typically if ya build an engine that leaks down good, good stall speed, ignition, decent timing, ya should be able to run decent off the trailer.

Once I get it fired and smell it, hear it, I'll know what to do to it, in order to get it running decent just from that. Couple WFO runs on the street and the plugs will guide further timing/fuel adjustments.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've got several torque converter options, I picked up two of these 9" converters 3800 and 4500 stall, I also have 8" converters that'll stall 5500 with 600hp.

This is gonna be a T400 transmission , so it'll be a 2.73 rear gear to keep the Start Line Ratio decent, plus a lot of slip throughout the run will do the fuel curve some good, for consistency.

I'd prefer to run the 3700-3800 converter,so it's a joy to ride around on the street, but we'll see.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It will be kinda nice Mike to have a street car if you want, change out tires for slicks and go run foot brake. There is a $10,000 foot brake race going on at Piedmont today. I kinda feel it does not have to run the same number all day but can be predictable, send it. I imagine fast in the morning and up a few in the afternoon and then back down to fast at night.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
It will be kinda nice Mike to have a street car if you want, change out tires for slicks and go run foot brake. There is a $10,000 foot brake race going on at Piedmont today. I kinda feel it does not have to run the same number all day but can be predictable, send it. I imagine fast in the morning and up a few in the afternoon and then back down to fast at night.

I developed a appreciation for street hot rodding again around Christmas, I built a BBC 427 with a set of Edelbrock heads, Eddy intake, hooker headers for a real nice fully restored 71 Chevelle. That car was a lot of fun to drive down the rode, hydraulic roller cam. Cam had a nice muscle car tone to it, ended up being the perfect match for the combo of parts, and perfect choppy idle but not too radical sounding for a stock appearing muscle car. .

This engine will be 100 hp more, so it's gonna be even more of a thrill ride on the street. I should be working on the engine towards the end of this week posssibly, it's getting bored, balanced, crank turned 010-010, cam bearings, rods resized, ARP rod bolts, just waiting to get it back. Should be fairly rad n/a BBC street / footbrake car.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Footbraker / Street 71 split bumper. Gonna be white, flat hood 460 BBC.

small tire of course

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wait till you see this transformation.

Every nut,bolt,washer stainless.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A local company sells these bolt kits. Every bolt on a Big Block Chevrolet stainless $70 with shipping. Here's their phone #

They include torque value specifications for each stainless bolt, nice kit.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Footbraker Big Block 461 cid

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone know where I can get a crate engine for my 71 split bumper Camaro foot brake car, to set down in here?

Or should I just build my own +030 454? Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted August 18, 2021 09:22 AM Hide Post
Anyone know where I can get a crate engine for my 71 split bumper Camaro foot brake car, to set down in here?

Or should I just build my own +030 454?

Hope you run a good diaper

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
posted August 18, 2021 09:22 AM Hide Post

Or should I just build my own +030 454?

Hope you run a good diaper

Got make more than 10 passes in a decade to worry about scattering that.....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post