DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    A White 34' Bathroom Package Trailer (Haulmark)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A White 34' Bathroom Package Trailer (Haulmark)
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
When (if) I grow up I want to be just like you. Lol

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
But will Brian get the “Seal of Approval” from the resident trailer King?
Laughing Hard
HMMMM

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4513 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
His permission, opinion or Seal of Approval is not needed.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
You mentioned a fuel jug rack. A friend made one that hold 9 jugs, Three rows of 3 stacked on top so it does not take up much floor space. He put a swing out bar with hitch pin to hold them in so it is easy to remove them and looks really nice.

Those are the kind of things that really make the trailer nice and well thought out.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
You mentioned a fuel jug rack. A friend made one that hold 9 jugs, Three rows of 3 stacked on top so it does not take up much floor space. He put a swing out bar with hitch pin to hold them in so it is easy to remove them and looks really nice.

Those are the kind of things that really make the trailer nice and well thought out.

The plan is a stackable one. I was looking at the 4 Jug, but would like a 6.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I called to coordinate any last details on the trailer. My trailer has an awning on it that I was just told about today. I didn't want one, the winds in Vegas aren't friendly to awnings. They offered it to me for cost & they removed my matching spare tire cost. The way it sits I owe an additional 1K after their so called compensation. I told them I'm not good with their compensation with something I didn't order. I'm not sure how else to handle this, but I have to get it finalized before leaving Wed. next week to pick it up.

Hope to get pics up soon, maybe today. I suck with posting or even taking pics. These were provided by Phil's trailer.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not know what to tell you. I really do not care to have an awning on mine as they can be a pain in the tail and do not last long. The Texas heat, wind and Sun is brutal on them.

As far as I am concerned if it came on there for free I would take it but I would not pay anything for it as I do not see the value in it.

I do want to see pictures of your trailer after you get it. Sounds really nice and very close to what I want but I will not be in the market for at least 6 months as I have to finish building my house and get moved in.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Is it an electric awning? I have to say those are pretty slick and man it is nice to have some shade to turn wrenches on the car and do turn arounds. Maybe the wind in Illinois isn't as bad.

But if you didn't order it, well that's not the deal. Worst case they have to start over with a new trailer.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Is it an electric awning? I have to say those are pretty slick and man it is nice to have some shade to turn wrenches on the car and do turn arounds. Maybe the wind in Illinois isn't as bad.

But if you didn't order it, well that's not the deal. Worst case they have to start over with a new trailer.

Yep, electric & I don't want it.

Starting over isn't really an option. It's around a year to get this style trailer now, this one took 6 months. In all actuality I've been waiting 30+ years for an enclosed, been racing off a flatbed for all them years. I'm getting old & tired not to have a little luxury at the track.

I had a budget to pay cash for my trailer/race car upgrades & this is breaking it. It's not that I can't afford it. It's just not in my timeline for getting things done.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Then tell them that, you will pay for the spare as you agreed and will not pay for the awning you did not order or want. And you do not want any holes where they removed it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
WOW Very nice

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4474 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
$1k isn't really that far off of retail for that awning as an add on from the price I got recently. I really think they could do a LOT better.
That said, that's a beautiful trailer and that's the brand that is high on my list. Trailer prices and lead times are long now.
Hope they try to make it right.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
$1k isn't really that far off of retail for that awning as an add on from the price I got recently. I really think they could do a LOT better.
That said, that's a beautiful trailer and that's the brand that is high on my list. Trailer prices and lead times are long now.
Hope they try to make it right.

Bucky,

They are saying $1,450 is their cost that they are offering. They said they would subtract my spare tire cost & that's around $400-450 (hence the 1K). They already said they are not giving me the awning for nothing & I would have to wait for another trailer without one. I'm sure they can do better, regardless I'll end up paying for something I didn't want.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Belinda is the General manager there. I would talk to her and tell them to get it right.I would tell her that others have had problems with them and now you see why. But you are not paying for something you did not order or want.

By the way the trailer does look nice.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at a trailer there. They told me the awning adds $1500 to the trailer retail. Just FYI. I am looking at similar sized trailer.
Honestly I'm watching this to see how they handle service situations.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Belinda is the General manager there. I would talk to her and tell them to get it right.I would tell her that others have had problems with them and now you see why. But you are not paying for something you did not order or want.

By the way the trailer does look nice.

I've been dealing with Belinda from the get go, LOL!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Golden rule. Your gold your rules.

In normal markets that rule applies. With everything in country on delay and dbl cost of norm,it seems not so much.

I would demand either removal or no charge on items not on order list. Now I ended up with the security piece that latch over door and then you have pad lock. I freaking hate them and have a dent in trailer where POS hit when door blew out of hand one day. In my case I ordered a package that included it and did not catch it. If that is case I see its partly on you. If not the case you should be able to get them to make it good. I would think when it comes down to remove and repair or just give it to you, they would choose give it. Got to be cheaper.

Nice looking trailer .Enjoy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4196 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
These aren't normal market like you said. They know to some extent they can have their way with him because he waited for so long for this one and the wait is what is at stake if he orders another. So I'm sure they will make it right, but at the cost of the lead time starting from scratch. Which is all kinda crap. Somebody messed up either at Haulmark or at the dealer. It just seems to me they could take a bit more of the pain on their end.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo