DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow that I95 is going to be ugly for a while!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Getting close. Only thing left to do is check the rear end lubricant level then find some where to test. It all seems good but you know how that goes.

Nick that bridge deal will take forever. On the other hand I have seen railroad bridges rebuilt after floods in a month. They don't mess around.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Getting close. Only thing left to do is check the rear end lubricant level then find some where to test. It all seems good but you know how that goes.

Hope it goes well!

Hope all is well with everyone.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Leaving tomorrow for the trip back West, I have 2 stops in Wisconsin to see friends. Then head to Montana to see my brother-in law & another friend. Really ready to get home & see my family.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I picked them up today. They are pretty trick. The blue tooth part is cool. It's going to take a little getting used to them.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My old red car can sure light them up on the road in front of the house---but no where to test before I go to Bristol.

I get my new ones the 31st I think Floyd.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, great to hear your smoking those skins?

clapping

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
They do make a difference. a pin in the ass to get in. Guess it just takes practice.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all. Don’t have much to say just want to complain it’s 105 today!

It's so Hot

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had to order some new front tires today, had a pin hole in one.. Guess that is punishment for them black marks in front of the house. Daughter flew down from Baltimore for the weekend and other one drove in. It was a good weekend and we got a lot done here that I can't do by myself. Got lawn mower frame welded back together and grass cut also..Everyone stay safe

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey all, sorry I've been MIA. Life happens. I hope all are well. We lost my aunt, my mom's last sister, 2 weeks ago, not unexpected, and my girlfriend lost her nephew last week, very unexpected. Waiting on the valve springs and stuff, then I'll have all the parts for my engine. I killed the fuel pump in the '69, so I've been staging the hot rod Focus wagon in No Box/Pro to get my show up point, and running it in Sportsman.
I'll try to get back in more regularly.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Glad you checked in Chuck!

Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm at the last stop on my trip home in Belgrade MT. I leave in the morning for home.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pageland SC track had a test and tune tonight. 125 miles down there but it was worth it as the car ran just like it should so I won't have to test at Bristol

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Yo!

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey all, I'm finally caught up for real, back 4-5 pages to see everyone's updates.

B, I am very sorry about your dad. I hope you made it back home with no misadventures. If you're coming back east at all, Keystone did add a no box side to the $15Ks next month. Separate bye, $1k bonus, hopefully will draw some more cars in. Me personally, I'd love to see a no box car win at least 1 of the 3 days.

Nick, don't melt out there. Or get washed away.

Floyd, glad you and Woody got out to make the rounds.

Fern, have a blast at the WFC for me. I hope you light some lamps.

Paul, everyone else popping in, good to see you.

All my parts are in and at the engine builders. I hope to have it back in a few weeks. It would be ideal if I can have it all back together for the beginning August, and hit a test and tune first Friday. I'm going to put my buddy's old Holley blue pump on the '69 and get it going to run again in the meantime. I need to make a plate to mount it where the Quick Fuel pump was.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ChuckT, Glad you finally got caught up & got some posts in. Thanks for the condolences!

My racing schedule got all messed up this year, it doesn't matter. It became the last of my priorities when Dads health started going South. I wish I could have done some racing back East as I had planned.

Good luck with your racing & enjoy racing the '69 in the meantime.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all. Dang it’s hot again it’s still working on the car. Funny this is our off-season like everyone else’s winter, just running through everything. I got new tires but the ones on the car still have about 40% so I’m going to start having to do John force burnouts.

B, you have had a very tough year , my condolences for everything you’ve been through. May your dad rest in peace. I always seem to be late expressing my feelings. There’s still a few races coming up maybe you can get in and have a good time.

Chuck, glad to see you posted in here, what are you going to back together is a good thing. My little small block has been in service for four seasons has checked out good. I’ve got another motor ready to go but still in pieces it just needs to be put together. The rings are even down. I just don’t wanna put together and have it sit.

Floyd, I hope you and your roommate are doing well, sure miss your posting of those great barbecue meats. They always make my mouth water.haha

Fern, hope you tell us how you’re doing Racing. After all the work you had to put in to make it happen.

You all have a great weekend happy Fourth of July too.

Relaxing

I’ll take an extra large chocolate shake please!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
B, you have had a very tough year , my condolences for everything you’ve been through. May your dad rest in peace. I always seem to be late expressing my feelings. There’s still a few races coming up maybe you can get in and have a good time.

JRED,

Thanks for the condolences!

Yes, there's a few races coming up & plan to be racing. I hope to make it to race in Tuscon, maybe the Hangovers. It was the 90's when I was there last. Running out of options out here in the West.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK Nick you asked for it-- I did not win a round and the whole thing was red almost every time. I got away from the red Sunday but 50 and 60 lights don't work either But there is a good side, the car printed tickets. Until Sunday I had made 7 trips down the track and every one the 60 and 330 were the same as was the 1/8 ET. Sunday it moved up 2. So, I was happy and had a real good time + saw lots of friends. Many more were there but we didn't cross paths.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon you guys! Dang an estimate above 105 for the next 7 to 10 days we already had four. So we are still waiting for the monsoons to start to get some relief from this heat

Hay Fern, Been there done that, But just like you l would have a great couple of days at the track . All you need now is some more seat time as the car sounds like it’s running great! Thanks for the update.

It's so Hot