DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like that, use for 2 years and get more than you paid for it, Nice. Mine is a 1999 loaded Pace tri axel. I think it cost 13k new and it will turn into a shed one day. Daughter getting me out of our house here in Durham and taking me out to the country house 60mi away today to make sure everything is ready for freezing weather coming tomorrow and pick up mail. First time out of the house since operation. She might let me LOOK at the race car. Won,t be long. Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
That' one thing nice about being on the left coast. Trailers command a premium. My first one was a 24' Haulmark Thrifty Hauler I bought new for 6K, used for 5 years and got 6 for it. Then we got a new Loaded 28' Pace Daytona GT for 17K, used it for 7 years and got 18 for it and it wasn't for sale. My boy had it at a trade show and some guys he new said they had been looking for one just like it. He said dad won't sell it. They said they had 18K and he called me and I said it wasn't for sale untill he said 18. I said, how soon do they want it? I ordered the 38' Vintage Outlaw and got in 6 weeks. I bought the open trailer in 2000 and have had a lot of people try to buy it but I'll keep it forever. Just have to put tires on it every 4 years or so.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Fern, Now is when I really miss the enclosed trailer. It's raining and I've got to load the hay hauler and go to Bakersfield today. I'd be tempted to by a 24' bare trailer today if I could get one quick.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Around here we can get whats known as "Georgia" enclosed trailers for around $4500. Use it a year then sell to a landscaper or dirt tracker. Trailer dealers on every corner. Sun is bright here this morning BUT, it is 22 degrees. SFG at Darlington starts parking today and Rockingham has a free race this weekend. I am still laid up.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern that would be the ticket. Problem out here is it costs so much to get them here. That's why they are a premium.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd that place has a few other drawbacks besides being 3000mi from the real world. Wink

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, you'v got a point but we have cheap gardners.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Floyd, you are not wrong there. Got both my 40 ft palms trimmed, hauled away and yard blown off yesterday for 40 bucks.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd hope your watching Bang Shift coverage of Southwest Showdown! Lots of California racers are there all weekend long !!!

Your friend with the 56 shoebox is going a few rounds....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, we are at the March Meet. Irid

I wondered why Trey wasn't here. I forgot there was money to be made in Tucson.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
we got money here also-----$15,000 last night, $50,000 today, and $75,000 Sat. I forget what Sunday is but they raced last night and winner went 4.30+ so track was good. Rained out tonight after round 2---I think my friend in a door car got $480 as they split the money. Moore tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
My friend Chuck Hawk went to final in S/P class , glad there was a good split.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Today was a good day. 1st rd winner. Into the Sunday show.
Marty bad to spot the ether car a second and a half and He passed him before 60'. .003 light and 1.39 60' time. He killed 2 10the and 20 mph on the run. We might get paid. Fingers Cross

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright , get some cash guys.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
WISH YOU WERE WATCHING TREY IS GOING ROUNDS!!! DOWN TO 4 IN PRO, AND 7 IN SUPER PRO!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Trey made it to the Final in Super Pro but runner up when the car turned right at the hit.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Out in second rd. Marty backed off a litle after that .003 and the other guy had a .037 to Marty's .085. He caught him but took the stripe with a 10.51 on a 10.55 dial. The hay hauler did great. Back to back 1.39 60' times. That's pretty damn good for a 4000 lb brick.
We did have fun and the March Meet was a success.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you did well Floyd. Last 2 days rained out here. Went to my country place today 60mi away. Everything was good and I even fired the race car. Still lot of pain in my leg and I may have over done it today....everyone take care.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
We had rain and big hail Friday afternoon that changed qualifying schedule.
Here's one of those 1.39 launches.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats right where my car 60s and my front wheel looks just like that on launch. BUT I am 1000lbs lighter. I am still hanging in there but didn't think it would take this long to recover--later