DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd just hangs around holding the "hot balls"! Laughing Eyes Ice Cream Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Here is that Camaro I was talking about last week.

By goodscotch, shot with Canon EOS 30D at 2010-02-19

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Bob j....
posted Hide Post
Good mornin its Saturday and life is good so far...waiting on breakfast...hospital food sucks but it beats the food kitchen at Salvation Army i think.... Big Grin

life is like a jalopeno,what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow

Posts: 3970 | Location: oHIo | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Gang,looking to be a pretty and mild weekend here,so I fuss about the bad weather so much,that I need to say something good about the prutty weather,WOOHOO,it's going to be in the mid 50's today,so I'm ready to do something fun outside,and feel some sunshine................ Big Grin...........................

Hey Bob,hope all goes well for ya,while taking your treatments,we are all praying for you,hospital food stinks,but whenever I'm in there,I try and think of it as,I'm at the Lonestar Steakhouse,eating a rib-eye,sometimes it ain't real easy,but it makes the hours pass.......... Wink Ice Cream................
Good Luck and God Bless you bud...........................................

WaveHey Chuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ya'll have a gooden and have a great weekend,and prayers to all in need,and we'll see ya'll afterwhile............................

Givem heck Michelle,Carroll County is pulling for you,on your NHRA day veue (Country Spelling)............. Eyes Laughing ...................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
We got a little rain during the night, hope it's over. Got to get my welding done on the trailer.
Bob, maybe it's time to start that diet. Big Grin
Y'all have a gooden!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning! Had a busy week, mixed emotions. Thinking of Nikki! So sad to hear another great racer is in Heaven now, but I know Drake is with good company!

Sun is starting shine! Going to the practice tree race today to see good friends. Might even sneak the car to get washed too!! Just don't tell Mark he would be out washing all the cars today in the driveway and I wasn't allowed to take mine through the grinder as he would call it, but I'm sure he won't mind!

Michelle, thinking about you and go gettem'!! Give the kids and Hot Legs a huge hug for me!!

Chuck, I will see you later!!

Floyd and Guy, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your encouraging words! They mean a lot to me!

Mike, my Angel here on Earth!! Sending hugs to you and yours!!

Well, I gotta keep moving! I can't say things are a little easier, but with the love and support from everyone, I can keep moving!

Have a wonderful day! Enjoy the sun! Praying for all going through their battles and sending strength! Praying hug Angel

It's a great day for some ICE CREAM!!! Ice Cream hug

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Christine, good to hear from you.
You have some fun and don't forget the spray wax and tire treatment. Give the old jalopy the works.
hug hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
I was born to race, not spectate!! Went down to the track today to spectate and totaly disliked it! First, got down there about 8 a.m. and Super Street made their final time run and then Super Gas started running and deep into the class it started sprinkling around 9:00-9:30 a.m. so they stopped racing so walked around the vendors aisles and staying out of ther rain but still on my feet and the breeze was cool for an AZ native even though I had a cap and coat on! (Maybe I shoulda worn pants and wouldn't have got so cold but forgot to put them on this mornin' Wink) Then sat and ate my Philly Cheese sandwich (without the cheese) with my nephew and his two boys up on the grandstands. Decided to do a little walking around and found the handicap area and they had folding chairs there so sat there and almost fell asleep a few times as one of the Pro's oiled down the track and that took a good hour to clean up and when the Pro Stocker went on his lid this afternoon I decided to head home. I guess they got Super Gas run and then it started raining again so they shut down for the day! Supposed to rain again tomorrow and Monday fromt what the "boob tube" boys say so it may take a few days to finish this event! I am gonna stay home close to laptop and the kitchen so I can fix my own food the way I like it and I don't have to walk a lot! Can walk out and look at my race car in the trailer if I wanta lok at a race car! At least when I race I can set in my pickup, in my trailer or on my golf cart but none of that was available today and damned if I will pay $270 to race a National event even if it is in my "back door"! If folks wanta see my car they can watch for the re-runs on Pass Time or the re-runs of "Wife-Swap" where there was a view of my car going down the track or they can see it on the opening page of Crew Chief Pro 7 or on Alta Lab weather station's web site! Banging Head help Wave Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
So you're sayin you didn't have a good time? crying

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Raining pretty good here today.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All,sunshining prutty here,going out and play in the mud a while..............

Ya'll have a gooden and praying for all our friends that are in need,and maybe we'll see ya'll afterwhile............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Most enjoyable time I had was visiting with friends I don't get to see that often, some of them who's names I can't even remember--I chalk that up to gettin' too much sleep since I last saw 'em--and lookin' at the expression on that woman's face when I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich with "no cheese"! I was waitin' on her to ask me if I was "stupid" as I had an answer already for her: "No, I'm just old and don't want the cheese blockin' my bowels!" Looks like, this mornin', if they are gonna race today they are gonna have to dig out the "rain tires" cause it doesn't appear it is gonna let up today and they are calling for it to continue into Monday! So if they run it Tuesday that will give those running the Divisional at Firebird a couple of days to catch their breath and dig ditches to drain their pits for those guy's down in the "bowl"!
The stands yesterday were no where as near "packed" as they have been in the past and it appeared that vendors had enough awnings out to keep everyone from getting soaked best I could tell! Looks like we have had .4-.5 inch of rain thus far the past two days, just enough to make it miserable for drag racers! Especially those that paid $40 to $50 to watch and those racers that paid $270+ just to enter! Misery knows company, right? To some it is just a "cost of doing business" but to folks like me, on a fixed income, its food on the table, gas in the car,toilet paper on the roll etc.! They have prices to high to watch, food to expensive to eat and drinks to much to drink and then just dump in the porta-johns a bit later! Well, as they say: "That's racin'!" Eyes Missing-sunshine- help Tongue Mad Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Guy, why don't you get a mess of them Los Dos tamales and take them back out there to sell to the racers. Ya oughta be able to make a couple of bucks for some toilet paper. big idea
Seriously, it's a damn shame momma nature wants to rain on our parade.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
I would have Floyd but don't think my legs would stand another day of walking like I did yesteday! My shins even hurt today!. Gonna take Mike McBrair there next Thursday evenin'! Eyes Ice Cream Tongue(hot) Laughing Cool

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all....lets go chop, chop Manic Monday is back by popular demand Eyes

BB have a good day

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everybody.
It's time to start another freakin work week.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Ya'll,kinda a sad morning thinking about the lady that got killed at Firebird yesterday,freak accident,and I noticed it said her husband,who was handicap,was injured too,so sad,thoughts and prayers to this family................ hug Praying.......................................................

And so sad about the young racer that passed away last week,Drake was his name,to young,our heart goes out to family and friends of Drake,God Bless them all.................................. Praying..............................

And Bob J seen where he had started his chemo,bless your heart Bob,we are all praying for you,and love ya........... Praying hug.........................................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers out to in need and may God Bless and keep you all in the palm of his hand this day.......................................

Hey Chuck Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all went well this weekend Michelle,and hoping you all are home safe............................. Praying.................................

MaB you take it easy now,and don't overload the circuits,you know what I mean, Wink................................. hug.........................................

Hang in there folks,things are looking up.............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Still distraught about the loss of life at Firebird yesterday and whether it could have been avoided. I have concerns that perhaps, because of the pressure to get the cars back to the line quickly, some safety measures such as checking the torque of the lugs nuts following air ratching the nuts on may not have been done!
Rest in Peace my friend, who ever you are! RIP Hum Eyes Missing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm with you Mouse, another freaking work week. Started my day by forgetting my wallet, had to go back home and get it, missed 2 buses. I had left it in the cooler, which I had emptied of water and used to haul stuff up from the car to free up my hands, but still had a little water in it, and soaked it some.

It was a good weekend, hope yours was too. The sun was out Saturday, and we had an awesome turnout for our practice tree race. We were able to put the proceeds from the 50-50 raffle, a B&M shifter raffle, and donations to give a donation to Nikki's memorial playground, and to the family of Drake Simmons. Drag racers are the best people.

Christine, you sneak! "Oh I'm no good on the bottom, I'm top bulb!" You just ran into tough draws. She was steady in the teens, y'all, but ran into guys dropping double O's. I hope you had a good time.

Michelle sent me a text Saturday night, she went 8.89 at 181 in Super Comp at Gainesville. I didn't get a chance to see how she fared after that.

BobJ, glad you're hanging in there.

I was in the garage all day yesterday, making progress on the quarter panel. I got a text from a friend about the fan being killed in AZ. That's such a shame, and I didn't know her husband was injured also. That's the last thing I'd think could happen, when I'm out enjoying my day, that it could be my last. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.

Hey Mike! Wave

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning! Sending prayers to the families who lost their loved one in the terrible accident!

It's Monday, still making phone calls, finishing up paperwork for the shop. Getting ready to sell the 68 Mustang and the Gold Wing! Hurry up Spring!!

Saturday was a nice day! Had fun at the practice tree race! Sorry Chuck! Heck I surprised myself! Food was great, but the seeing some of the racers was great too! Even met a few new ones too! Now, my kids are on me hard to race this year, but we shall see!

Michelle, I hope you did real well! You're on fire girl!!

Floyd and Guy, you always make my day! Guy, we have to get Floyd on FB too!!

Mike, hope your Mom is doing well, Mannie too! Don't know when I will be flying over your house just yet!

Bob, sending strength and comfort to you!!

Okay, have a great day! It's warm but more nasty stuff coming this week!!

Sening big hugs!! hug Missing -53- Angel

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post