DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fuel costs in time for the Holiday
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel costs in time for the Holiday
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I bet the price of gas comes down in Q4 2023 and into 2024.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
That is not betting it is asking for donations^^^

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4194 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Couldn't bring myself to vote for Biden or Trump. Didn't care for either one of them, but I am still paying over $1.00 less per gallon than I did 15 years ago under George Bush.

Straightline Innovations - Performance Parts -Enclosed Trailer Screws

Posts: 64 | Location: Charlotte, Tn. | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57chevy:
Couldn't bring myself to vote for Biden or Trump. Didn't care for either one of them, but I am still paying over $1.00 less per gallon than I did 15 years ago under George Bush.

That's funny. In 2008 (Bush's final year in office) when gas spiked to $4.11, gas was also $1.61 that same year. Gas prices were low throughout the majority of the Bush administration. 15 years ago, Nov. 2008, gas prices were $1.74.

Fact-check: Were gas prices higher when George W. Bush was president?

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M802138:

Probably sooner than that.

Midterms of 2022 are just around the corner.

Joe Biden's administration hasn't ruled out tapping the nation's emergency oil reserves, known as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR)

This will strategically happen before the midterms.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Energy Sec’y Granholm Laughs, Blames OPEC When Asked Her
Plan to Increase Oil Production

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Typical Biden appointee, no clue and no shame. Just a don't give a damn attitude, like the Atty General and Kamala and the Transportation Secy (Bootleg or whatever his name is) doesn't even understand what an Independent trucker is and the risks and time they put into it. This Administration is the worst I have ever seen.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
believe it or not no presedent has a switch to change the price of fuel all you righty tightys on he are in an echo chamber talkin to yourself

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
believe it or not no presedent has a switch to change the price of fuel all you righty tightys on he are in an echo chamber talkin to yourself

The difference between ignorance and stupidity.

So which are you claiming based on the above statement? For sure it's been done via the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as mentioned by Olds above. America was, and can be, the largest producer of oil and gas and that puts us in the drivers seat on pricing not OPEC.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:

There is no "switch". Just because there is no "I decree that gas prices will magically be lower!" does not mean that there are no secondary and tertiary effects from federal policies, which can affect supply. When supply doesn't keep up with demand, prices rise. This is Econ 101.

https://www.macrotrends.net/25...ion-historical-chart

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I thought the transportation secretary was Dr. Pol smok er.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I put gas in my Mercedes yesterday. I keep most of my receipts and I paid $1.02 more than I did in January. At the same time my production check from my oil/gas leases went down 20%. Does this add up?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does this add up?

Well, wall street is completely detached from market forces and being manipulated by the Fed and their printing press. It would follow that the oil market is too being driven by manipulation. Hell, if man thinks he can manipulate the earths weather there is nothing his ego won't attempt and muck up.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Saw 5 bucks a gallon D in Ca on the way to Vegas.. 3.60-380 in Nevada...
WTF Walter! That should be the decal!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4509 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Most prices for diesel is 4.75 a gallon around here. It's gone up every week for the last 3 weeks. Lets go Brandon.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I read that the "Moron" Biden is going to shut down another pipe line, this one in Michigan. You have to admit the man is determined to either freeze people this winter or starve them to death.

Biden reminds me of the pig farmer:

People will vote for the guy who feeds them then carts them off to the slaughter house.

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by M802138:

Probably sooner than that.

Midterms of 2022 are just around the corner.

Joe Biden's administration hasn't ruled out tapping the nation's emergency oil reserves, known as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR)

This will strategically happen before the midterms.

He did it sooner than I thought he would. A VERY political move.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...al/story?id=81346601

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
For people that don't get it, The President ABSOLUTELY can control the price of fuel.
Last year (and the prior years) we were ENERGY Independent and the prices showed it.
Now we are dependent on "foreign" oil (OPEC) because this moron and all the A S S wipes that voted for him believe shutting down oil pipelines will reduce our oil use.
How'd that work out.

The BEST part is, he is ADMITTING he FU CKed up because now he wants to use our oil reserves because when he asked OPEC to produce more oil they showed him the door and laughed at him.
You can't make this stuff up.

This guys is so delusional and has his life backwards.
He closes the oil pipe lines (costing us $$) BUT opens the southern boarder (costing us $$).......BACKWARDS.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Since this move was expected (even by me),I wouldn't be surprised if it backfires and causes prices to go even higher.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grandma / Gpa:
Energy Sec’y Granholm Laughs, Blames OPEC When Asked Her
Plan to Increase Oil Production

Gpa

And if we produce our own oil it does not matter what OPEC does. "Let's go Brandon"

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post