DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just saw Tucson postponed

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Mom got Moderna yesterday. Had reaction last night midnight on throwing up. I picked her up this morning and drove her to Kaiser. This is one side effect.

So after further review mom did not have a Moderna reaction. She had a bug, passed it to me and my Family. I was tested while sick last week. Not Covid, 24 hour bug...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
Lengthy video but you might learn something.

https://tinyurl.com/y58rgpg3

My answer is no.

Pushing back against tyranny used to be standard practice for Americans. This PHD is so blown away people today don't, she feels the need to explain why it's important to health people retain their own self respect. Sad!!

Pretty informative content too, in this video.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:

Barry, Nick is running there today.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:

Barry, Nick is running there today.

Hi Floyd. Yeah I’m sure they can run small events. Sac is testing and I think they’ve had small invite races. Mike Rice post pretty much spells it out. Took my block and crank to S&S for my bracket piece. Looks like it will get some runs.

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back to OP. Got my 2nd shot yesterday

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
The VA has finally opened up to folks 65 and older so I expect I will be getting my shots soon...I could have gotten an appointment at Publix but it was up near Pensacola, an 8 hour drive each way...no thanks...lol...

Edit...I just got an appointment at the VA for next wed. to get my first shot...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fuzzy dice,

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
From what I read, 2 weeks after the second shot we will have built up the antibodies to ward off covid 19. My second shot comes on February 17th. Get the kids back in school and open the restaurants for indoor dining would be great.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got mine at the VA. In and out in 10–15 min

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I thought this was an interesting vaccine story as it is being reported as being so "safe" for everyone.

https://www.chicagotribune.com...pw25i4njm-story.html

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Got #1 Moderna yesterday at Publix pharmacy and very thankful.
Dose #2 scheduled in 30 days.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
From what I read, 2 weeks after the second shot we will have built up the antibodies to ward off covid 19. My second shot comes on February 17th. Get the kids back in school and open the restaurants for indoor dining would be great.

It would be great. Going back to normal would be great. Our schools have been in person here for months. But normal IMO will not be delivered by the vaccine. It's the promise that I think we can alredy see won't come to fruition.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got my first shot last Wednesday and so far the only side effect is my WiFi signal is a LOT stronger since they put that microchip in me ...

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I got the 1st shot of the Moderna this morning. Got a pretty good headache but I am alive

Posts: 2435 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://www.fox13news.com/news...source=facebook&fbcl

Fictional reality sheeple waiting on authorities (TV) to tell them what is true.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So my understanding is the vaccine is still listed as "Experimental" and they are not liable for side effects or death.

The company I work for came out with a letter saying All Employees MUST get the vaccine when it is available or will not be allowed on Company property. Now if you volunteer for the vaccine that is one thing but to be FORCED to take an experimental drug and sign away our rights on it?

That is going to be a Hard No here.

They also said they will still require masks from now on even after you get the mandatory vaccine.

I suspect that is same direction Dictator Biden is heading because he has ordered 700 million more doses of the vaccine. It looks like the Dictator is going to make it mandatory for all. Once again Hard No.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm retired and don't have an employer to tell me what to do. (I have a wife for that anyway)! That being said the small pox shot I received when I was in elementary school was also mandatory as well as a polio shot. Don't know if one or both were experimental or not but we got the shots anyway. Don't remember if anybody complained or protested back then but what did I know I was probably 8 or 9 years old.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Got the first shot (Moderna) Feb 2, at the Publix 1 mile from the house. 2nd shot March 2 at the same Publix. No reaction to the first shot. In and out in less than 30 min.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
So my understanding is the vaccine is still listed as "Experimental" and they are not liable for side effects or death.

The company I work for came out with a letter saying All Employees MUST get the vaccine when it is available or will not be allowed on Company property. Now if you volunteer for the vaccine that is one thing but to be FORCED to take an experimental drug and sign away our rights on it?

That is going to be a Hard No here.

They also said they will still require masks from now on even after you get the mandatory vaccine.

I suspect that is same direction Dictator Biden is heading because he has ordered 700 million more doses of the vaccine. It looks like the Dictator is going to make it mandatory for all. Once again Hard No.

Well, it isn't approved by the FDA yet. So in that regard, it kinda is experimental. I would think there could be some pretty good legal recourse for requiring the vaccine to maintain employment. But the law is hardly going to get in the way of a national movement to erradicate the boogie man.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Glad I'm retired and don't have an employer to tell me what to do. (I have a wife for that anyway)! That being said the small pox shot I received when I was in elementary school was also mandatory as well as a polio shot. Don't know if one or both were experimental or not but we got the shots anyway. Don't remember if anybody complained or protested back then but what did I know I was probably 8 or 9 years old.

Two things to note here.
1. It is still listed as experimental and you have to sign a waiver to not hold them liable. That is as I understand it. I believe the Small pox and Polio was approved and tested and was a requirement BEFORE you went to school.
2. It was not required when I hired in there 35 years ago and not in our current Union contract. With a Union contract and especially with a vaccine that they still consider "Experimental" I think it is wrong to change the rules and force us. Now they could try to make it available and recommend it but not as a condition of employment after the fact.
I will not be taking it. They can fire me and I will deal with it appropriately.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post