Find
Notify
Tools

“The Bender”
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That old worn out falling a part trailer, how long is it and who was the manufacture ?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
2005 48'LQ.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Floor or frame issue over the pin? My 44 had 2 panels replaced when the old owner had it. Had to reinforce the pin box area rearward.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Frame, not broken though...…...yet

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3097 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
not your year bender...ive had them.one year everything goes perfect,the car is flying,nothing breaks.you win rounds and money,so much fun.

the next year everything possible goes wrong.nothing works,everything breaks. stuck on sides of roads.go to a race 800 miles away and it rains out.and then the .000 years...where you have numerous .000 lights and still loose and usually first round.
its a flip of the coin each year on which way its going to go

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
not your year bender...ive had them.one year everything goes perfect,the car is flying,nothing breaks.you win rounds and money,so much fun.

the next year everything possible goes wrong.nothing works,everything breaks. stuck on sides of roads.go to a race 800 miles away and it rains out.and then the .000 years...where you have numerous .000 lights and still loose and usually first round.
Been there and done this.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

Been there and done this.

It’s a car/trailer virus.... ask me how I know...Fontana.....

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12286 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
This sport can be very humbling. I feel the better racers will win more but nothing is guaranteed. I have won (and lost!) a round with a perfect light. I have won and lost by .001. Now I try to prepare the best I can and I feel the better racers will win more rounds and races. Still sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and I know sometimes it is just not your day. One day you are Hero next day Zero.
When things go wrong it can be crazy. A few years ago I had an ignition box fail. I called MSD several times and they told me no way there is nothing wrong with box and sent me on a wild goose chase on other things. The ignition box tested good and MSD said it was good but it was not. I wasted a lot of time and money chasing that issue. Point is there are challenges from all sides, you have to be on top of your game, better than your competitor on that day and the car has to perform. Sometimes everything just works, sometimes it does not matter how hard you try or how good you are.
That is why I just shake my head when certain individual would say "I will put your tail on trailer every time"

I will say this when I put my helmet on and strap in I feel I can win that round IF I do my job and now it is time to go to work. There was one time when I got overconfident and knew I could win the round. I was actually thinking about the round after. Guess what? My transbrake did not hold when I decked it and I was out. I learned a lot that day from my mistakes.
Prepare as best you can but never count your eggs before they hatch. Confidence is good, overconfidence is not.

Good Luck, I hope you get your issues resolved and back to winning.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yes drag racing will humble you. Ol Alan Starr said some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you.

1994 went to last race tied for championship with 2 national event wins and 2 ru's. Was a top 4 car 80% of the time and top 8 all year. 1995 first race DNQ,another reason to hate Darlington. Could not get down the track.

Sometimes its smallest thing that screws the whole program.In above case it was a simple chassis change that happened because of misunderstanding of a new rule. Two saw cuts and car was number 2 qualifier at second race,but in typical dramatic fashion it was q4 and on early shut off.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the encouraging words guys.

I am very aware that this kind of thing can and does happen. I really try to look at the positive side. I haven't destroyed an engine, or wadded up the car, so really it not to bad. Watched a racer destroy his car in a real bad top end crash in Michigan. He was lifeflighted out, thankfully he is ok. That or worse can happen to any one of us, it's the risk we all take. My bad luck with breakage this year is minor compared to something like that.

The breakage this year has just made me more determined to turn it around and do some good. Heck at this point just making it to first round will be a step in the right direction!

Thanks Mike. It's kinda creepy that you know it's my B-DAY today. LOL

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'll be picking up my new trailer next Saturday. Then the fun begins......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...0760912/m/9907057776
I hope to god you referenced this thread before your purchase

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I had looked at it, yes.

Not much applies to me though. I didn't do a custom built trailer, but will be doing things to make it how I want it. This will be my 8th enclosed trailer, so I know what works for me.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Happy B-Day Brian ... late.....
I don't want any more birthdays... I'm over that S H Y T. Just good to be here...

Mike English! Miss you! So when do we see you? Next race??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Happy B-Day Brian ... late.....
I don't want any more birthdays... I'm over that S H Y T. Just good to be here...

Mike English! Miss you! So when do we see you? Next race??

Thanks Barry.

When you get to be my age it's just not a big deal anymore...…..

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think its a big deal since nhra age restrictions for competion.looks like you cant run nhra after 70.
www.nhraracer/agerestriction.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I'll be done by then anyways.

I've got plans that doesn't include drag racing.

Haven't run an NHRA event in 3 years.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got plans that doesn't include drag racing.

moving to Thailand with me?

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Never too old and we just go faster boyz...

Thailand? Not a chance is my bet...

Big Grin

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post