Find
Notify
Tools

“The Bender”
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Wait your not outside my house at 6AM! I do make kick butt gravy,but sorry biscuits will be Grands canned stuff. I do heave venison loin to go along with it .

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chris to make it to your house that’s like a 40 Hour Drive. And that’s without any stops for fuel eating sleeping they better be killer good......LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Bender,Bender,Bender,anyone seen Bender?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Bender,Bender,Bender,anyone seen Bender?

quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

He's out with Jenavet's crew chief looking for his missing 8th cylinder.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
nah
from what ive heard bender likes dead holes Big Grin

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Nah not looking! Just at work , he knows all about his dropped cylinder .

Dancing Cat

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I need to go to work but after my 2100 miles of driving from Chicago to Portland I am not really feeling it.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Been watching everyone long tows , one thing I'm not good at . And now a friend who goes to Nights of Fire in Boise an 1,100 mile tow one way wants me to go. He said he does the one way tow in 17 hours, I'm not sure my body or my mind could handle that....LOL

HMMMM

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to go to work but after my 2100 miles of driving from Chicago to Portland I am not really feeling it.

Moe,
That's called "Anal Glaucoma"...when you can't see your azz coming in to work today..

Glad you made it back safe and sound.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
OK guys I'm back.

As far as last weekend goes, I pulled a rocker stand out of the head Q1 to the extent that it couldn't be fixed at the track. So I was done for the weekend.

After leaving the track in Michigan Saturday afternoon we headed to visit some friends in Norwalk OH. Upon arrival, I noticed that my trailer skin was wrinkled in the gooseneck area-not good. I came up with a band aid to reinforce the frame to get us home, or as Moe called it a "Mc Giver" type thing. After dealing with that, we did go to the Cedar Point theme park and had a great time. I even rode the Top Thrill Dragster ride 3 times, and it didn't break! It goes 0-120 in 4 seconds, so it felt kinda slow though. It does have one thing on my racecar though, it goes 420' straight up, then straight down, quite a ride.

After that we left to make the short 17 hour ride home, which I did straight through, even dropping the damaged head off outside of Atlanta to be repaired.

While the broken racecar and trailer issues were not fun we still had a good time.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I feel for you bender I went through that numerous times until I pulled both heads and had the steel inserts put in all the intakes.i was fortunate enough to be always able to heli coil them at the track at 2am but my rocker tip angle was never precise so it was a weekend fix only.

but stuff like this never happens at your local track.only when your a gazillion miles away from home

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Mike, the bad part is that it pulled out a steel insert......but I do have a fix for that, that should be reliable.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3097 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Now to deal with my trailer issues...…

Super Angry Help

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That was no easy fix when my bosses had the same thing going on. And his was an all aluminum 48 Ft monster, had to pull a bunch of panels of before adding bracing. It was a chore just emptying it and figuring out what was the original length .....

You Da Man

I'm sure you can get it done....

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would suggest apologizing to ed and ask him for advice.i think he could help bender

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
quote:

Moe,
That's called "Anal Glaucoma"...when you can't see your azz coming in to work today..

Glad you made it back safe and sound.

LMAO Uncontrollable Laugh Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Mike, the bad part is that it pulled out a steel insert......but I do have a fix for that, that should be reliable.

Who's doing the work Brian?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
That was no easy fix when my bosses had the same thing going on. And his was an all aluminum 48 Ft monster, had to pull a bunch of panels of before adding bracing. It was a chore just emptying it and figuring out what was the original length .....

You Da Man

I'm sure you can get it done....

I was thinking about a new one, so now's the time..... Dancing Cat

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

Chris Howe in Ga. He does all the block and head repair for Jon Kasse, among others......he's very good.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

Chris Howe in Ga. He does all the block and head repair for Jon Kasse, among others......he's very good.

Cool!

Raceless in California!