New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto Start
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Colorado I have raced at over 50 tracks and don't remember any that would not back you out if you lit both bulbs before the other person lights one. Other than a deep stager in a top bulb race and many places don't even allow that.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Trophy is named after "losers" who never played games.

Gamesmanship is a subjective word invented by Liberals to protect any given institution.

What is the difference between gamesmanship and cheating?

If the act in question benefits the team, we smile, look the other way, and call it gamesmanship. If an individual is the primary or sole beneficiary then we often call it cheating.

Ultimately there is only right and wrong. No such thing as gamesmanship.

There's nothing wrong with what JBR did because it's not against the rules, according to how they're written. It's not gamesmanship, he didn't cheat or do anything unethical. JBR's opponent did himself in, looking down at his gauges. Not paying attention.

If you let the air out of footballs, it's not gamanship, it's cheating. Cheating is wrong.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Colorado I have raced at over 50 tracks and don't remember any that would not back you out if you lit both bulbs before the other person lights one. Other than a deep stager in a top bulb race and many places don't even allow that.

I've double bulbed a few racers, never once backed out of the lights for it....they just motioned the other driver to stage.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1489 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Courtesy staging is supposed to negate double bulbing...we all have double bulbed our opponent by mistake...regardless of how one does this it is the starters responsibility, not the racers, to back the double bulber out and start again...we all know that once you begin staging you are not allowed to back up unless directed to do so by the starter...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don, you race at Piedmont, they don't require courtesy staging.

Posts: 525 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I love these idiots that have a melt down because they were double bulbed. Laughing Hard Me, I want everyone of my clueless competitors to double bulb me. While you’re at it, go on the converter too. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I love these idiots that have a melt down because they were double bulbed. Laughing Hard Me, I want everyone of my clueless competitors to double bulb me. While you’re at it, go on the converter too. Laughing very hard

I love it when i get doubled bulbed. I take my time and there are gonna wait till i am ready now.. Never lost a race when someone doubled me..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly! Same clueless racer that is strapped in his car with his helmet on in the lanes, 15 minutes and longer before he rolls into the water.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Even Ed agrees! I foot brake and courtesy staging is a killer on a deep stager unless he has been schooled. But this discussion was not about deep staging. They will back you out at Piedmont if you double bulb someone in top eliminator and at most tracks.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why some racers "insist" on being the last to stage.
It makes absolutely no difference to me.
Only excuse I can think of, is a limited attention span, inability to focus on tree for more than a few seconds? Is there any real or perceived competitive advantage to staging last?

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1043 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don, been there, done that for 5 rds. in Top ET at Piedmont.

Posts: 525 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
In every pairing, somebody will stage last...

Gamesmanship Big Grin

https://mobile.twitter.com/nhr.../1303686765820014592

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

I love it when i get doubled bulbed. I take my time and there are gonna wait till i am ready now.. Never lost a race when someone doubled me..

Lol, I know Right? When someone double bulbs me I just laugh and move in when I get good and ready. If they get on the converter I am going to wait until they let off then going in.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post