Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
What happened
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Currently at the D4 race in Noble OK.I was told by an NHRA official since last season they have been watching racers close at the turn off for anyone removing safety gear on the track and have been sending warning letters out to the offenders. Said after this death there are going to watch even closer and repeat offenders will get a fine or suspension.
I just received this text before Q1
1 of 2

One other item that seems to be left out is guardrails!! Absolutely the worst thing to hit in a race car.Tangle it up and tear the car open like a tin can.
 
Posts: 1431 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yep, every time and it’s why I will not race at a track with Armco barriers!
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Currently at the D4 race in Noble OK.I was told by an NHRA official since last season they have been watching racers close at the turn off for anyone removing safety gear on the track and have been sending warning letters out to the offenders. Said after this death there are going to watch even closer and repeat offenders will get a fine or suspension.
I just received this text before Q1
1 of 2
FRM:nhradivision4@gmail.com
SUBJ:NHRA LODRS 42 Thunder Valley Raceway Par
MSG:Reminder- Do not remve any safety equipment while on track.
(Con't) 2 of 2

- Msg by PTS 3:37:25 PM

(End)


There shouldn't be any warnings. First offense, you`re done for the day. Second, you`re finished for the season. This is for your own safety and the safety of others.





Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth
 
Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Taking your helmet off while on the track sounds like a great idea. What can go wrong with both hands off the steering and your eyes covered. The really good ones can hook there helmet on the dragster roll cage doing 50 before the turn off.


Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

 
Posts: 1226 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have to confess I did a VERY stupid thing on track once. Coasting down before the turn off I notice my butterfly steering wheel was slightly crooked. So I reached down and lifted the retaining ring, pulled the wheel off, rotated it one flat and reinstalled it. As I came to a stop in the shutdown area I made note that the wheel was nice a straight now. Hit the seatbelt release and shyt my pants about the same time. Got back to the trailer and told my buddy to open the trailer so we can load up. He said no no you won. We were loaded and on the way home in 10-15 minutes. Took me a while to let myself off the hook for that one.


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4484 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
IMO if a family member or friend of mine died catastrophically of a accident and I could pass on info that could prevent it from happening to another person the disemination of relevant information would be somewhat important to me .... But this is MY OPINION....
 
Posts: 1247 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let's pretend we know what happened even though we weren't there.

Let's pretend belts can't malfunction.

Let's pretend it's all about us, always.

Let's pretend whatever we need to pacify ourselves, even in a time of sorrow.

Let's pretend we're better and this could never happen to us.

Let's pretend up is down, and down is up.

Let's pretend because pretending is trendy in 2022.

Or better yet, you pretend all this and more.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
IMO if a family member or friend of mine died catastrophically of a accident and I could pass on info that could prevent it from happening to another person the disemination of relevant information would be somewhat important to me .... But this is MY OPINION....


I think that's a very adult way to view it. So many are so quick to get their feelings hurt today....in this case about a fella they never met. I very much doubt his family are regulars on DRR.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6425 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was there and witnessed this crash first hand. No “he said, she said” bull **** and I have a couple things that need to be set straight. Farmington Dragway is a first class operation, ran by first class people and there was an ambulance on sight. That ambulance was in route to the crash within seconds and anybody that says other wise is a lier. I witnessed it with my own eyes and I can tell ya that Jason was driving the ambulance. There is also an EMT on the top end in a side by side with equipment and ready to roll every moment that cars are going down the track. Any information that is contradictory to that is false.

As far as what happened to cause the crash, I do not know. I am not a disrespectful ass hole, so I’m not gonna pretend that I do. It was after the finish line. Aggressive braking before the stripe was not the cause.

As far as safety equipment, I can not say what he was wearing or when he took it off. Frankly, with the condition of the car and cage after the crash, I don’t know how much seatbelts or helmet would have helped this young man.

What I do know is this. When that car stopped flipping, I told the guys I was with that the crash was not survivable. It was absolutely awful and violent. I have never witnessed anything like it and hope I never do again. I also know that this young Man left this world in front of his family and friends and that is something that will likely never be recovered from by a lot of people that knew and loved him.

For now, I ask all of y’all to please be kind and respectful. I want to see our sport made safer just like everyone else, but in this moment what our sport needs is prayers for his friends and family. I can not begin to imagine what it was like for his parents to drive 3 and a half hours home after witnessing such a tragedy. I pray that we never see anything like this again, but for now let’s come together to love and support those dealing with the loss of their loved one. Let’s also pray for those EMT’s and track personnel that had to deal with this tragedy. They need our support and prayers.

Thank you, Joe Julsrud
 
Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

So many are so quick to get their feelings hurt today....in this case about a fella they never met.


Nobody's feelings are hurt.

I never met you but I'd do the same if it were you being indicted by idiots, who weren't even there.

Why? Because it's the right thing to do.

I'm responsible for anyone being kicked in the head, weaker than myself.

Dead men can't defend themselves.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe.
I'm sorry for the entire racing community of course.
Amen.


"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
 
Posts: 1716 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well Said Joe; Appreciate your Account of what you saw and your Perspective....
 
Posts: 232 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:


Let's pretend we're better and this could never happen to us



Nobody should have to pretend. Your safety equipment is there for a reason and should be used for what it was intended for.





Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth
 
Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:


Let's pretend we're better and this could never happen to us



Nobody should have to pretend. Your safety equipment is there for a reason and should be used for what it was intended for.


Nobody should, but apparently they do.

Let's also pretend belt latches have never failed.

Let's also pretend we've never latched our belts improperly, only to discover it after the run.

Nobody knows what happened but let's pretend otherwise.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody knows what happened but let's pretend otherwise.

Lets pretend you log off drr and never post again.
 
Posts: 1431 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fordracer9326:
I was there and witnessed this crash first hand. No “he said, she said” bull **** and I have a couple things that need to be set straight. Farmington Dragway is a first class operation, ran by first class people and there was an ambulance on sight. That ambulance was in route to the crash within seconds and anybody that says other wise is a lier. I witnessed it with my own eyes and I can tell ya that Jason was driving the ambulance. There is also an EMT on the top end in a side by side with equipment and ready to roll every moment that cars are going down the track. Any information that is contradictory to that is false.

As far as what happened to cause the crash, I do not know. I am not a disrespectful ass hole, so I’m not gonna pretend that I do. It was after the finish line. Aggressive braking before the stripe was not the cause.

As far as safety equipment, I can not say what he was wearing or when he took it off. Frankly, with the condition of the car and cage after the crash, I don’t know how much seatbelts or helmet would have helped this young man.

What I do know is this. When that car stopped flipping, I told the guys I was with that the crash was not survivable. It was absolutely awful and violent. I have never witnessed anything like it and hope I never do again. I also know that this young Man left this world in front of his family and friends and that is something that will likely never be recovered from by a lot of people that knew and loved him.

For now, I ask all of y’all to please be kind and respectful. I want to see our sport made safer just like everyone else, but in this moment what our sport needs is prayers for his friends and family. I can not begin to imagine what it was like for his parents to drive 3 and a half hours home after witnessing such a tragedy. I pray that we never see anything like this again, but for now let’s come together to love and support those dealing with the loss of their loved one. Let’s also pray for those EMT’s and track personnel that had to deal with this tragedy. They need our support and prayers.

Thank you, Joe Julsrud


For a tragic accident, this member gets it!


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2628 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by fordracer9326:
I was there and witnessed this crash first hand. No “he said, she said” bull **** and I have a couple things that need to be set straight. Farmington Dragway is a first class operation, ran by first class people and there was an ambulance on sight. That ambulance was in route to the crash within seconds and anybody that says other wise is a lier. I witnessed it with my own eyes and I can tell ya that Jason was driving the ambulance. There is also an EMT on the top end in a side by side with equipment and ready to roll every moment that cars are going down the track. Any information that is contradictory to that is false.

As far as what happened to cause the crash, I do not know. I am not a disrespectful ass hole, so I’m not gonna pretend that I do. It was after the finish line. Aggressive braking before the stripe was not the cause.

As far as safety equipment, I can not say what he was wearing or when he took it off. Frankly, with the condition of the car and cage after the crash, I don’t know how much seatbelts or helmet would have helped this young man.

What I do know is this. When that car stopped flipping, I told the guys I was with that the crash was not survivable. It was absolutely awful and violent. I have never witnessed anything like it and hope I never do again. I also know that this young Man left this world in front of his family and friends and that is something that will likely never be recovered from by a lot of people that knew and loved him.

For now, I ask all of y’all to please be kind and respectful. I want to see our sport made safer just like everyone else, but in this moment what our sport needs is prayers for his friends and family. I can not begin to imagine what it was like for his parents to drive 3 and a half hours home after witnessing such a tragedy. I pray that we never see anything like this again, but for now let’s come together to love and support those dealing with the loss of their loved one. Let’s also pray for those EMT’s and track personnel that had to deal with this tragedy. They need our support and prayers.

Thank you, Joe Julsrud


For a tragic accident, this member gets it!


Fact - accident.

Same know nothing drag racing clowns, different day.


quote:
Originally posted by fordracer9326:
Mr. Rietow, If I ever get the chance to meet you, I promise you will have better manners when I am through with you.


Are you reading what I said?

How are you misinterpreting what I've said from my first comment on this?

I've said all along nobody knows what happened.

So what are you reading?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rietow, If I ever get the chance to meet you, I promise you will have better manners when I am through with you.
 
Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by fordracer9326:
I was there and witnessed this crash first hand. No “he said, she said” bull **** and I have a couple things that need to be set straight. Farmington Dragway is a first class operation, ran by first class people and there was an ambulance on sight. That ambulance was in route to the crash within seconds and anybody that says other wise is a lier. I witnessed it with my own eyes and I can tell ya that Jason was driving the ambulance. There is also an EMT on the top end in a side by side with equipment and ready to roll every moment that cars are going down the track. Any information that is contradictory to that is false.

As far as what happened to cause the crash, I do not know. I am not a disrespectful ass hole, so I’m not gonna pretend that I do. It was after the finish line. Aggressive braking before the stripe was not the cause.

As far as safety equipment, I can not say what he was wearing or when he took it off. Frankly, with the condition of the car and cage after the crash, I don’t know how much seatbelts or helmet would have helped this young man.

What I do know is this. When that car stopped flipping, I told the guys I was with that the crash was not survivable. It was absolutely awful and violent. I have never witnessed anything like it and hope I never do again. I also know that this young Man left this world in front of his family and friends and that is something that will likely never be recovered from by a lot of people that knew and loved him.

For now, I ask all of y’all to please be kind and respectful. I want to see our sport made safer just like everyone else, but in this moment what our sport needs is prayers for his friends and family. I can not begin to imagine what it was like for his parents to drive 3 and a half hours home after witnessing such a tragedy. I pray that we never see anything like this again, but for now let’s come together to love and support those dealing with the loss of their loved one. Let’s also pray for those EMT’s and track personnel that had to deal with this tragedy. They need our support and prayers.

Thank you, Joe Julsrud


For a tragic accident, this member gets it!


Fact - accident.

Same know nothing drag racing clowns, different day.


quote:
Originally posted by fordracer9326:
Mr. Rietow, If I ever get the chance to meet you, I promise you will have better manners when I am through with you.


Are you reading what I said?

How are you misinterpreting what I've said from my first comment on this?

I've said all along, nobody knows what happened.

So what are you reading?

Is somehow saying *nobody knows what happened* not clear enough?

Is *Lets not pretend otherwise* not clear enough?
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I apologize. I did misunderstand who you were speaking to when you said same no driving, no racing, blah blah blah whatever. I took that as you speaking too those of us that were trying to say to let it be and have some respect. That was my misunderstanding, and I apologize. It seems that we both agree But this was a terrible tragedy, and the only thing that we really know for sure as a young man lost his life
 
Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024