quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I’ll vaccinate .

You're the enemy of rights.

No rights, no justice, no freedom.

Snowball downhill to hell.

So am I to understand that if one chooses of their own free will to take the vaccine, they are automatically an enemy of freedom? If so, that is illogical. I'm anti mask, because I think they are useless. I'm not at all afraid of other people, or the 'rona. But I'm not afraid of the vaccine either. So give it to me, and let's get on with life.

RIP

If every American tells the government to go **** themselves with their vaccination, what happens?

Freedom

What happens if every American capitulates, and takes the vaccination in trade for some freedom?

Slavery

Hmmm....well it hasn't been demanded by anyone that I take it. I'm VOLUNTEERING so there is no "capitulation" when the choice is mine alone.
Taking a vaccine doesn't scare me, so why are you issuing a blanket statement? At 64 I'm quite capable of thinking for my self, including this issue.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
....well it hasn't been demanded by anyone that I take it.

Don't you think that statement is a bit premature since there is no vaccine currently available? While it has been inferred by some, to make a blanket statement before it is generally available would make them look a bit foolish.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You are about to hear a new term when referring to Covid-19, that term is "Long Hauler".

There are about 10% of Covid victims who exhibit long term disabling effects of the disease. They appear as a myriad of effects but most are neurological in nature. The Nursing Community in San Diego is sounding the alarm due to the many ICU Nurses who are experiencing severe symptoms that are very difficult to treat. At the present rate the Medical Community will soon be completely overwhelmed with their own patients, most of them in their early twenties to mid thirties. Initially many in that age group thought that Covid was just a critical disease of the elderly, that's no long the case. The actual effect is that it strikes victims at a much earlier age and the prognosis is that it could become a life long ailment now called "Long Haulers".

The present Covid infection/exposure rate in the United Sates is around 200,000 per day, at 10% that translates to 20,000 "long haulers" per day.

It doesn't require a mathematics degree to calculate the long term effect and how quickly it would overwhelm the Medical Profession trying to treat that many patients. Just when you were accustomed of hearing about the severe effects on your Grandparents, now you have to be concerned about your children and/or Grandchildren.

I truly understand the issue about personal Rights and not conforming to the general recommendation from Government sources but this isn't a joke folks, it is very real. Please re-consider your personal Rights with public safety and use a little compassion and intelligence, wear a mash in public for God's sake. Just how intrusive can that be if it saves even one single life.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The MORONS in Nevada making the decision of who gets the vaccine first have a bunch of the people one would usually expect and THEN THEY HAVE PRISONERS LISTED BEFORE THE ELDERLY WHO ARE MOST AT RISK?????
Not complaining for myself because I won't take it.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
....well it hasn't been demanded by anyone that I take it.

Don't you think that statement is a bit premature since there is no vaccine currently available? While it has been inferred by some, to make a blanket statement before it is generally available would make them look a bit foolish.

I would say that the statement is accurate. Now the problem with predicting the future is that it isn't here yet. Availability is imminent. Why is my choice a threat to anyone else? I'm not afraid of it or equally the rona. Yawn. It's unlikely but possible the wackos try to mandate. WHEN that happens, lets deal with it. I don't support mandates anymore than anyone here.
If it kills me, I own the decision.

RIP

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
[QUOTE]....well it hasn't been demanded by anyone that I take it.

I would say that the statement is accurate. Now the problem with predicting the future is that it isn't here yet. Availability is imminent. Why is my choice a threat to anyone else? I'm not afraid of it or equally the rona. Yawn. It's unlikely but possible the wackos try to mandate. WHEN that happens, lets deal with it. I don't support mandates anymore than anyone here.
If it kills me, I own the decision.

And I don't do masks, nor do I use chain link fence to repel mosquitoes.
RIP

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is my choice a threat to anyone else?

It shouldn't be. I certainly didn't mean to imply that, if that was directed towards me.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You are about to hear a new term when referring to Covid-19, that term is "Long Hauler".

Not really all that new. They have been touting the plight of the long hauler for a while now. Hell there are long haulers when we have a bad flu season. I don't disagree with your suggestion of the mask at all. When I am in public in closer quarters, I wear one. But it should remain a choice of course. I'm good as long as that is the understanding.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
Why is my choice a threat to anyone else?

That's like asking, how is my choice to pickup my suitcases and load the boxcars a threat to the other 25 people around me, who have been offered the same choice.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We need a department of common sense

Many of you will be on the wrong side of history, when all is said and done.
It’s just sad......
It’s just a mask.
It’s just six feet.
It’s just two weeks.
It’s just non-essential businesses.
It’s just non-essential workers.
It’s just a bar.
It’s just a restaurant.
It’s just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.
It’s just until the cases go down.
It’s just to flatten the curve.
It’s just a few inmates.
It’s just to keep others from being scared.
It’s just for a few more weeks.
It’s just church. You could still pray.
It’s just prayer.
It’s just until we get a vaccine.
It’s just a bracelet.
It’s just an app.
It’s just for tracing.
It’s just to let people know you’re safe to be around.
It’s just to let others know who you’ve been in contact with.
It’s just a few more months.
It’s just some more inmates.
It’s just a video.
It’s just a post.
It’s just an email account.
It’s just for protecting others from hate speech.
It’s just for protecting others from hurt feelings.
It’s just a large gathering but for protests.
It’s just a few violent protests.
It’s just a little micro chip.
It’s just a blood test.
It’s just a test.
It’s just a scan.
It’s just for medical information.
It’s just to store a vaccination certificate.
It’s just like a credit card.
It’s just a few places that don’t take cash.
It’s just so you can travel.
It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.
It’s just so you can vote.
It’s just mail-in voting.
It’s just a few more years.
It’s just a statue.
It’s just a monument.
It’s just a building.
It’s just a song.
It’s just a lyric.
It’s just an anthem.
It’s just a few words.
It’s just a piece of paper.
It’s just a book.
It’s just a movie.
It’s just a TV show.
It’s just a cartoon character.
It’s just a piece of cloth.
It’s just a flag.
It’s just a dog at a protest.
It’s just a clump of cells.
It’s just a fetus.
It’s just a religion.
It’s just a holiday.
It's just your guns.
It's just the police.
It's just the military
It's just your freedoms....gone forever.
And "It's just" the way they planned it.
2% of the impassioned can rule over the 98% apathetic.
It's not like we don't see it coming.
Please America, collectively as a nation of law abiding citizens of the United States, WE MUST RESIST, WE MUST FIGHT BACK...
BEFORE ITS ALL GONE and we won't have the ability to get it back.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just one more lockdown till Christmas

Just two more years to flatten the curve

We seriously need a Department of common sense.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Today the California Department of Health announced that "Gentlemen's Clubs" AKA Strip Joints are essential businesses therefore they can stay open.

Everyone else must close.

It's a Public Health Issue, Governor Newsome and the California State Legislature can't live without their strip clubs. According to the News report it upsets their Chi. Whatever the he!! that is.

This is not a joke even though the Governor IS a joke.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Today the California Department of Health announced that "Gentlemen's Clubs" AKA Strip Joints are essential businesses therefore they can stay open.

It's a Public Health Issue, Governor Newsome and the California State Legislature can't live without their strip clubs. According to the News report it upsets their Chi. Whatever the he!! that is.

Bob

So do the dancers have to wear a mask over their, er....ahh, "lips"? Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One can believe what they chose.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob

So how goes the petition to recall that idiot? My dad said he signed it

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know we have at least one member who works in New York. Over on the Bullet a guy posted that there is little of no traffic and almost no foot traffic in the city today. Confirmation?

You know....I give people a hard time when they say that they can convince the American public of anything. But I'm starting to see they are right. A family member we haven't see for a while visited this week. Scared to f'ing death. And convinced of things politically that there is simply no talking sense into her. All from watching mainstream media. Then she and her friends get talking back and forth and feeding the frenzy. I am blown away at the otherwise once normal people who have become complete frightened sheep.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
All from watching mainstream media. Then she and her friends get talking back and forth and feeding the frenzy.

I dare say the pace quickened with the advent of 24/7 cable news. They have human psychology down to, not merely a science, but an art.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob

Not that I agree with anything that idiot does,but hey not closing strip bars I am good with that.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Individual liberties are evaporating faster than one could ever have imagined.

"Scientists and public-health experts caution, though, that it is too soon to know whether the vaccines being raced into production will confer true and lasting immunity to infection. Nor is it clear if they will be as effective at preventing transmission as they were at reducing the severity of illness in trials. Such proposals raise ethical and political considerations, too, about whether it is wise or just to divide citizens into new categories based on their vaccination status.

This debate over the pros and cons of so-called immunity passports as a tool to combat the pandemic has been rekindled by the U.K.’s decision last week, the first by a Western country, to authorize the rollout of a coronavirus vaccine."

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another 853,000 first time unemployment claims again this week.

Over a cold .003% fatal.

Big commercial real estate collapse coming.

quote:
Originally posted by n5ifi:
The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%