Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articl...ns-surge-11602004646

Facts are, cases are surging and they are TRYING not to lock down.
Touché

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articl...ns-surge-11602004646

Facts are, cases are surging and they are TRYING not to lock down.
Touché

Not a swede in the image WSJ included, has a mask.

WSJ = Fake News!!!

Reply to the Swede in the Competition Plus YouTube video, he'll give you an education on "charades and silly diapers"!! I gotta hear this!! Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it was up to Biden, you'll be in lock down the rest of your lives and have a face mask glued on your faces.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
If it was up to Biden, you'll be in lock down the rest of your lives and have a face mask glued on your faces.

I ignore all corona mandates no matter who's supposedly in charge. Been like that since day one.

If everyone did it, what could they do about it?

Nothing.

Here's Evidence, not a mask in the joint.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

I ignore all corona mandates no matter who's supposedly in charge. Been like that since day one.

If everyone did it, what could they do about it?

Nothing.

You are lucky to be living in Florida with a Republican Governor.
I absolutely hate wearing a face mask,but in Illinois,it is pretty much impossible to enter a store without one.
Sometimes,I have to go to a hardware store or grocery store.I do buy a lot of stuff online,but not everything.
I can't work at my job without one.
If Biden wins,he will mandate a face mask at all times.Even in your own home.lol

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I pretty much do what makes sense. But make no mistake, people are getting sick, and it is quite contagious. I don't want to miss the end of the drag season because I was foolish. Restaurants? Yes of course I go and of course no mask at table. And we go to restaurants that are told to close but don't, to support them. And if I can keep 6' apart, I don't mask. But I do if closer, and wash hands of course. I don't want to get sick, but worse I don't want to be quarantined for weeks.
In the end, it seems smartest if it is left up to us to decide.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nobody likes the masks! But if you want to race you need a mask. Sweden is small in comparison to numbers per household and total population. No comparison. At least Trump is trying to move forward.

Are they calling it a hoax or are you (Mike) calling it a Hoax. Do you know anyone who has it? I personally know 10 folks who have had it and One cousin who did pass away with it. The nine did ok and are fine so far. My Cousin was 72 and you would swear he was 60! Had a new Copo Racecar with his buddy. I don't think its a HOAX ! It's real ! How real? Case by case I guess we will figure it out. My close friend Rob had it and and is ok but now his wife has it. It appears she will be ok. It has severely hit the Senior Centers here.
You can have your opinion and I respect that.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nobody likes the masks! But if you want to race you need a mask. Sweden is small in comparison to numbers per household and total population. No comparison. At least Trump is trying to move forward.

Are they calling it a hoax or are you (Mike) calling it a Hoax. Do you know anyone who has it? I personally know 10 folks who have had it and One cousin who did pass away with it. The nine did ok and are fine so far. My Cousin was 72 and you would swear he was 60! Had a new Copo Racecar with his buddy. I don't think its a HOAX ! It's real ! How real? Case by case I guess we will figure it out. My close friend Rob had it and and is ok but now his wife has it. It appears she will be ok. It has severely hit the Senior Centers here.

I don't believe the virus is a hoax in that there is a real virus.

The hoax part comes in with all of these lock downs for a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.

Like everyone else,I hope I don't get it.

But I would rather have a President that tells me not to fear the virus than one who plans on shutting down the country in order to beat it.

And no,I don't personally know anybody that had any symptoms.
I know people that tested positive, but they always felt fine and never knew that had anything.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This alone should tell you it's a charade.

quote:
Originally posted by n5ifi:
The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ya didn’t answer my question ... Waltzed around it like a politician.
Heard Immunity... so is that like being faster than the slowest Gazelle?
As long as the Heard is not your family right?

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...than one who plans on shutting down the country in order to beat it.

The original justification for mask/distancing/stay-at-home was to "flatten the curve", which is to say cut down the peak surge so as not to overwhelm the available medical services. It was never purported to stop the spread, just the rate of "surge". So shutting down the country isn't going to "beat" it, that's a political fallacy. They've had vaccines for the flu for years but the flu is still here every season. They've never stopped the spread of measles, and measles are a lot more contagious that Covid-19. This whole thing is perpetuated by fear and that fear is ginned up by the media. You won't find the truth in Biden's crooked "scientist", you find it in valid data and non-biased studies.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Canted agreed on all you said.
To answer stk's question, well sort of yes. There is no stopping a virus as this without immunity, or a certain amount of what I call fire blocks. You need a certain part of the population that can't get it. That can be done through people getting sick and building antibodies, or through vaccination. The problem with waiting for vaccination is that it takes a long time to develop and make available, and also we do not know how effective it will be. So we are on indefinite lock down until vaccines are available if we are unwilling to accept any illnesses. Ultimately, we want to avoid deaths. But we cannot protect the most vulnerable and lock them up forever. So to me it is important to allow the portion of the population that can generally get through this without huge consequences to get it and get over it. If we treat all bugs like we have treated Corona, this will be a regular thing, and our economy will be in shambles. Sweden embraced herd immunity, and have done pretty well. Obviously their early numbers sucked. But now the rest of the world is catching up to them. We are just taking a much longer route to the same destination.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
I'm a number 1 and haven't worn a mask once, stepped foot inside a walmart in 6 months or watched one single newscast. No sheep in this house.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The many psychological operations have been very effective in causing confusion.

TV - Since when has a government allowed the funding by major corporations of a group (BLM), which openly states its intention is to overthrow government (commit treason)?

Net - Qanon Trust the plan the other major stand down psychological operation.

The master minds play it by ear (electronic), with their finger on the chat. It's a numbers game, for the sole purpose of management. Divide and conquer.

Kiss that booty or rebel, the level of freedom is dependent on the percentages of those who rebel.

No mask is the measure. You won't make it on TV without one, you'll be ostracized from the clique.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
People from outside this country see through the smoke and mirrors.

But here, TV has a strong grip on minds, in a make believe reality.

Watchman Ezekiel

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Only in America can you walk into a Bank with a mask on get money and NOT get arrested!

It fulfills a boyhood dream, I can now die happy.

Bob

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Only in America can you walk into a Bank with a mask on get money and NOT get arrested!

It fulfills a boyhood dream, I can now die happy.

Bob

That is funny! And the bankers should've been wearing masks all along! Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You know they are. It's a given.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Canted agreed on all you said.
To answer stk's question, well sort of yes. There is no stopping a virus as this without immunity, or a certain amount of what I call fire blocks. You need a certain part of the population that can't get it. That can be done through people getting sick and building antibodies, or through vaccination. The problem with waiting for vaccination is that it takes a long time to develop and make available, and also we do not know how effective it will be. So we are on indefinite lock down until vaccines are available if we are unwilling to accept any illnesses. Ultimately, we want to avoid deaths. But we cannot protect the most vulnerable and lock them up forever. So to me it is important to allow the portion of the population that can generally get through this without huge consequences to get it and get over it. If we treat all bugs like we have treated Corona, this will be a regular thing, and our economy will be in shambles. Sweden embraced herd immunity, and have done pretty well. Obviously their early numbers sucked. But now the rest of the world is catching up to them. We are just taking a much longer route to the same destination.

Thanks Bucky/Canted. It was directed at MR.

They/you..can make fun of the masks and that has very little to do with it. More to do with the Swede and Brits herding to share the virus. Just like all the marches here... stay away from crowds, distance yourself and keep your hands clean. Do we need to shut it all down? No, I believe we can work safely and race safely as long as we are aware and diligent. It’s no joke and it’s past the flu numbers big time. I think now it’s more important to see what it brings to those who have had it.

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"Sweden embraced herd immunity" that's F'n funny!!!

No, Sweden didn't embrace herd immunity, Sweden said FU to a hoax / charade and herd immunity resulted.

Now we have Swede's on Competition Plus YouTube video's questioning what appears to them, is our outlandishly high submissiveness and compliance, for absurd explanations over a cold or flu. When they never did chit (Lockdowns or Masks), and no more Swedes died than any other year.

Watchman Ezekiel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,