Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
After all these years, it’s great to see I’m still misquoted and best of all, in your head.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
After all these years, it’s great to see I’m still misquoted and best of all, in your head.

After all these months you still haven't figured out corona virus has a lower fatality rate than the flu.

No amount of evidence will do, scary!

Facts don't matter. Officials have the final word, no matter how absurd.

Submit, obey, conform, bend over and hold as azz cheeks open bankrupt of self esteem.

Comply comrade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Facts don't matter. Rank not reality determines Truth in this new communist normal.

Obey , conform, submit, comply

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
best of all, in your head.

...says the guy who's blood pressure gets up on the chip because I won't wear a mask....

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
There seems to be 2 different types of people on this.

1) Those that are aware of the risks,take precautions like washing their hands,and go on living their life.

2) Those that freak out-Stop all travel,do not go out to eat,hoard supplies and go on lockdown at their home.

There is actually a third.
3) Those that purposely and flagrantly ignore simple and recommended actions that have been used for decades to limit the spread of a pandemic virus. The excuses sited are all over the map, but all are self centered, and exactly why Covid-19 is killing Americans and our economy.

Wasted breath 442/ Paul. Same folks bit.h about safety rules.. Until it's too late.. Then its everyone else' fault.
We have rights! Yes we do! But you have no right to infect others..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why haven't leaders of good conscience informed Americans of good conscience of how freedom works?

Do we have any leaders of good conscience who understand how freedom works?

It's supposed to be anyone who likes their chances of surviving any given virus carries on with there lives normally, nothing is shut down.

Anyone who doesn't like their chances stays home and goes bankrupt.

Anyone who dies , died heroes for freedom.

All this other BS, is the BS that kills Freedom.

We continue down this road and NHRA goes bankrupt. Somebody has gotta say F U to officials and carry on with their business like Bandimere did.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have rights! Yes we do! But you have no right to infect others..

I'm callin BS on that one! You have the right to protect yourself in whatever manner you see fit. Wear as many layers as you want, quit your job, stay home and lock the door and don't answer it. Those are all within your purview. It's your right and responsibility to protect YOURSELF, that burden doesn't NOT fall on others, as much as you would like to twist logical thinking to fit your narrative. I've worn gas mask and been subjected to a tear gas chamber. I have worked in potential H2S gas environments and been fitted for SCBA mask/gear (no beards allowed). So I know what's required to "protect" against airborne hazards. If you think for one minute some BS home made mask, like a bandana, is going to protect you, you are a fool! I am suppose to wear a mask to enter a bar, I do not, but once you sit down and a drink is in front of you, you can sit there for 2 hours if you like w/o a mask. Then suppose to dawn a mask to exit. What FOOL believes that is driven by science? But, once a lemming always a lemming. Oh, and lastly, the virus can enter wherever mucus membrane exist. That, Mr. Scientist, is mouth, nose or eyes. So with your ineffective mask you're only 50% covered. But I guess somehow an ineffective 50% is adequate because the government told you so. Good lord!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don’t recall unprotected sex being illegal during the aids outbreak

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ll take 50%. I do believe the science and yes I’m aware of eyes/nose/mouth etc..
Not counting the racing community I know of three cases and Now four as an officer I know has been induced into a coma as of yesterday.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll take 50%.

Please do, but leave me out of it. You could protect yourself, and those around you, @ 100% but you'll "take 50%". Then want to force me play your stupid game. FU!

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I’ll take 50%.

Please do, but leave me out of it.
You could protect yourself, and those around you, @ 100% but you'll "take 50%". Then want to force me play your stupid game. FU!

CV I’m not forcing you to play any stupid game...

I can protect myself 100%? How? I wear a mask because to race here you are required to. , I wear a mask that’s required to shop. To enter a parts store. There are no restaurants open to dine in only outside meals or takeout. Everything we touch we disinfect and wash.

I hate this s h y t as much as anyone.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can protect myself 100%? How?

I almost said 99.5% but was too lazy to change it. Since this centered around forcing people to wear mask I was primarily addressing that (see below). Additionally there is hand soap, hand sanitizers, leaving you shoes and cloths at the door and other standard sanitizing practices. You might want to watch the movie OUTBREAK for further tips. Wink

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
stk 758 BP!, Just so you don't think I'm an individual w/o compassion. I recently tuned up my neighbors '63 C10. The usual, points, plugs, plug wires, carb. kit, radiator cap, battery cable and what ever else I thought it needed to be reliable. This guy has had a heart attack in the past and is currently receiving radiation and chemo for colon cancer. His adult daughter goes to the store for him and his wife, and she sanitizes everything before she brings it to their house. Then the wife sanitizes it all again before bring it into the house. Is this man at risk for not only covid but many other illnesses? You bet he is and I respect that. When I was dealing with him on the tune up, of just go over to talk to him when he's outside, I stay ****her away from him, out of respect, than he does from me. So when there is an honest reason I am very compassionate of others susceptibility to serious illness. Sorry if I was a little harsh in prior post.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
stk 758 BP!, Just so you don't think I'm an individual w/o compassion. I recently tuned up my neighbors '63 C10. The usual, points, plugs, plug wires, carb. kit, radiator cap, battery cable and what ever else I thought it needed to be reliable. This guy has had a heart attack in the past and is currently receiving radiation and chemo for colon cancer. His adult daughter goes to the store for him and his wife, and she sanitizes everything before she brings it to their house. Then the wife sanitizes it all again before bring it into the house. Is this man at risk for not only covid but many other illnesses? You bet he is and I respect that. When I was dealing with him on the tune up, of just go over to talk to him when he's outside, I stay ****her away from him, out of respect, than he does from me. So when there is an honest reason I am very compassionate of others susceptibility to serious illness. Sorry if I was a little harsh in prior post.
u

No worries, CV that thought didn't cross my mind. I get being p i z z e d off. It’s a discussion that touches all of us. And I will apologize also.

BP

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I keep going back to what the end game is here. The better we are with the mask wearing and locking down and keeping kids from doing anything, the longer this will go on. The longer we will have the possibility of infecting those who are compromised. The longer the cruelty of locking those in nursing homes in their rooms without human contact. The longer our kid's education suffers and the entire schooling experience is destroyed. At some point, ripping the bandage off sounds like a pretty good approach. Shouldn't one part of the goal be getting everything back to normal ASAP? That and minimizing the overall end count of fatalities?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I keep going back to what the end game is here. The better we are with the mask wearing and locking down and keeping kids from doing anything, the longer this will go on. The longer we will have the possibility of infecting those who are compromised. The longer the cruelty of locking those in nursing homes in their rooms without human contact. The longer our kid's education suffers and the entire schooling experience is destroyed. At some point, ripping the bandage off sounds like a pretty good approach. Shouldn't one part of the goal be getting everything back to normal ASAP? That and minimizing the overall end count of fatalities?

Agree completely, BUT - they can't control us under the scenario you propose.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mile High
posted Hide Post
176,000+ dead since the pandemic started here in the USA. The great dictator wannabe keeps saying it will magically go away and the minions cheer him. How about some disinfectant for the minions to inject. LOL! They have claimed it a "great success story".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXg36ztMCg

Anyone been to Yo Semite lately or to Thighland? A very stable genius indeed. Person - woman - man- camera - tv. Sad

Have you heard the recordings of his sister?

Posts: 110 | Location: On a Summer adventure with the car | Registered: December 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mile High:
176,000+ dead since the pandemic started here in the USA. The great dictator wannabe keeps saying it will magically go away and the minions cheer him. How about some disinfectant for the minions to inject. LOL! They have claimed it a "great success story".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXg36ztMCg

Anyone been to Yo Semite lately or to Thighland? A very stable genius indeed. Person - woman - man- camera - tv. Sad

Have you heard the recordings of his sister?

What is your solution genius? When will be be done and what could/should bring that about?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo