DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
If you had the ear of a group of Big Money Race Promoters...

and could make ONE recommendation to them. ONE and only one recommendation, Please think this threw and don't post twice. What would it be?

It could be something that is already in place at a certain race, something you've seen on the local scene or something you just feel strongly about.

** Comments on other opinions are great, but please remember to respect everyone's opinion here.

SL...

Posts: 2142 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I like to see a weekend points champ. The racer who goes the most laps over the course of the entire race weekend is crowned event champ and wins something. Kevin Pollard did this at his Motor Mile race a few years ago and I believe it was Ernie Humes who won a trip to the Bahamas. Winning is always nice, but points battles are fun too............

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know I am not speaking to the big time promoters on this such as: spring fling, million, SFG, world footbrake challenge, etc

My suggestion is simply to have a race completely planned out with flyer and details very far in advance. I believe the minimum timeline should be 6 months, and the more time given the better. If you look at many of the programs that are successful and listed above, they have advertisement out sometimes over a year in advance. They have a flyer out, a date, and details of the event that do not change constantly.

In short my suggestion is to advertise the race at a minimum of 6 months in advance with full details that do not change. Get a group of racers to help look over the flyer and make sure all questions are answered in full once the event info is released to the public at a minimum of 6 months in advance of the event itself.

Also, there are many people that have to request time off work for the upcoming year before the previous year is over. Many will be required to have all requests submitted for calendar year 2019 before the end of this month.

I know what I said may seem elementary, but lack of preparedness and lack of timely advertisement in my opinion is one of the biggest shortfalls of tracks and promoters

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would say pay out further down the line. The big money at the top all sounds great but it is crazy to spend that kind of entry fee go some rounds and get nothing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
At a given number of entries there would be no buy backs or re-entry.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 262 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you hold a Big Money three day event, offer the racer that paid all three days to support your event, but won nothing, something in return. I would suggest taking the names of these racers, putting them in a bucket and drawing X amount of names and give them their entry fee back for all three days.

Posts: 2611 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I haven't raced at any big money races,but my idea would be to offer more best losing package awards.

Maybe give awards to the racer that loses with the best reaction time,stripe hog award,or any number of reasons for losing.

At the end of the day,only one person wins.Very rarely is that winner truly the "best" racer of that day.

The packages are unbelievable and it takes an incredible amount of luck to win.

Winning "something" because you lost with a .005 package,because the other guy had a .003 package could help with the disappointment of losing with such a great run.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pay it deeper.

Bob

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Make the flyers they do post online easier to read. Most have such small print it is next to impossible to read details. Make clear when gates plan to open .

Posts: 511 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
All entry fees are the same for everyone and collected at the gate only with no pre-enter requirement.

It won’t get ME out of retirement, but I just scratch my head at the lay-away entry fee plans and the 26 different entry fee structures.

Mikey

Posts: 1709 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
I’d say one car one driver one entry to level the playing field. The current car or driver can go down the track twice stuff you see at some is a nice rule but I dont think it’s enforced and you get enough people swapping cars and numbers that I dont believe anybody really knows how many times a car or driver is going down the track. Makes it a huge advantage to have deep pockets. When you get to races with no time runs, expensive buy backs, or no buy backs, those extra entries are a big advantage.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 337 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not let the PROMOTER put drivers in the race.....

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
1,320 feet American.

Posts: 237 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Stephen Hughes 2 thumbs up! Yes I double, would triple or quad if I could but I way rather have and prefer car goes down once or better yet, one car one driver!
WHOMPWHOMP YES!
Boucher we can always dream of 1320!
head gamez hit the nail squarely on the head!

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
I’d say one car one driver one entry to level the playing field. The current car or driver can go down the track twice stuff you see at some is a nice rule but I dont think it’s enforced and you get enough people swapping cars and numbers that I dont believe anybody really knows how many times a car or driver is going down the track. Makes it a huge advantage to have deep pockets. When you get to races with no time runs, expensive buy backs, or no buy backs, those extra entries are a big advantage.

Where doubles does help is for our family affair of racing. This family of 4 all enjoy racing, and driving. We have a gooseneck Trailer with 2 dragsters. If there is an event that allows doubles then it allows for our entire family to race while only pulling one rig. Big events are like vacations for us and it would be hard to justify going to an event that our entire family could not enjoy the event/driving

While deep pockets do take advantage of double entries... it also helps the smaller guy out who him and his buddy can throw one car in a Trailer and split gas money and race fuel

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you expect cash at the gate, I would expect to collect cash in the tower.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Be clear and plain in what is advertised and stick to it . No smoke and mirrors horsechit to trick racers into coming and not leave payouts and rules open to interpetation .

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Be clear and plain in what is advertised and stick to it . No smoke and mirrors horsechit to trick racers into coming and not leave payouts and rules open to interpetation .

yup! do not leave any questions un-answered once the flyer is released

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
Biggest issue is promotors doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Try some new stuff to attract more racers, don't just repeat the same format over and over.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:

I'm glad to see that you have stuck to your guns on this one. I remember back in the late 90s at a Super 10s race in Oklahoma you had reported a guy that was changing scoops on his dragster.
I agree with you. We all know that its easier to predict a car or lane when you have the data and a throw away run.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post