DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
As for My one recommendation, and I'm sure this will likely make some cringe because it screws with their "strategy" but, GUARANTEED random pairings every round until 16 or less, then a ladder into the final. Chip pick, card draw, whatever the method, make it a flawless guaranteed random process of elimination pairings until a ladder is established...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I figured they would be already chipping in the lanes.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Reason for the re entry round...saves um money...

The way I view the re-entry round format is; If you're in the final round, both racers have won the same number of rounds to get there, not just bought a round win(buy-back), but bought a chance to EARN a round win(re-entry)...

Dan
i agree but they are doing it to save money...you could accomplish the same thing by running the buybacks together 2 nd round then everybody’s a winner going to 3 rd...

Posts: 1272 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
An old guy's, former track owner's viewpoint.

If there are going to be "double entries" with same drivers in different cars then I feel it is a must that the same driver and car should be able to "double". Takes the money guys and levels that field a bit.
If you have buybacks they should run their own round and there should be No Buybacks at a certain number of entries.
If the no buyback number is reached have a "2nd Chance Race" for 1st rd losers ONLY, time permitting.

Every promoter takes a huge risk once they put GUARANTEED PAYOUT on the flyer. At that point he has to do whatever he can to not lose money, I understand 100%.
Sad that it takes 2 hours to run last 4 rounds due to "split negotiations", makes the events nearly unwatchable when I think they could sell a lot of spectator tickets for race fans to watch some one win these $25K, $50K and now $100K and $500K races! But the last four or five rounds need to be a pretty firm time schedule if you want to sell a few thousand tickets, Then they could bank some money not based on entry fees, doubles, buybacks.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
quote:

Pay it deeper.

Bob

This!

Posts: 409 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I figured they would be already chipping in the lanes.

Chipping the lanes is a waste of a staging lane directors time and unnecessary imho. Announce what staging lanes are L + R on the racing surface and pull them in. If lined up nose to tail, first vehicle out has choice and second gets what’s left. When you have as many as 500 entries or more in a race I believe this method is best.

From what I’ve seen at these big money races, at the 1/8’s they are pairing you, with lane choice going to the better RT of previous round.

Posts: 2614 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Me personally I don't care what goes on as its mostly same names numbers with a few other gamblers attending Ill just support my local bracket programs and hope it can survive , I will attest there are some very talented racers supporting these races and I enjoy watching on motor mania I think we should be paying more attention whats going on at the fed government as unelected people in the FBI CIA can lie or not answer congress questions if this continues there wont be any racing in the future any way IM off topic sorry I just couldn't resist

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The way I view the re-entry round format is; If you're in the final round, both racers have won the same number of rounds to get there, not just bought a round win(buy-back), but bought a chance to EARN a round win(re-entry)...

Dan
i agree but they are doing it to save money...you could accomplish the same thing by running the buybacks together 2 nd round then everybody’s a winner going to 3 rd...

This is incorrect, on two fronts:
1) Sending the buybacks straight to Round 2 means the buyback car won one less round to win the event. That driver simply bought the other round, as Mad Dog stated. With re-entry, everyone in Rnd 2 WON a round to get there, and the event winner will have WON the same number of rounds.
2) Re-Entry formats all promoters to PAY OUT more. You can have a straight buyback if you want, but either the payouts would go down, or the buyback fee would increase. We pioneered "FAT $5K" races: $5K/Win races that pay $100 Round Money starting 3rd Rnd Win, with a $60 Re-Entry, when most $5K races were still paying $35-$50 round money, or some only paying 8 cars.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5767 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
Other possible changes:

At big multi day races where colored run stickers or car numbers are used to call cars to the lanes, change it up so racers have the opportunity to run someone in the early rounds other than from the same group.

Double entries in any configuration.

No switching cars after round one regardless of the reason for needing or wanting to switch.

All buy backs should be run as a re entry round where 1st round losers race one another to gain re-entry into the regular race.

At smaller races, offer a consolation race where all first round losers can buy into a separate eliminator and race off for a discounted purse.

And I do like the idea of alternating door cars and dragsters being called to the lanes either on the same day by pairs, or on different days (door cars out first one day, dragsters the next).

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
An old guy's, former track owner's viewpoint.

If there are going to be "double entries" with same drivers in different cars then I feel it is a must that the same driver and car should be able to "double". Takes the money guys and levels that field a bit.
If you have buybacks they should run their own round and there should be No Buybacks at a certain number of entries.
If the no buyback number is reached have a "2nd Chance Race" for 1st rd losers ONLY, time permitting.

Every promoter takes a huge risk once they put GUARANTEED PAYOUT on the flyer. At that point he has to do whatever he can to not lose money, I understand 100%.
Sad that it takes 2 hours to run last 4 rounds due to "split negotiations", makes the events nearly unwatchable when I think they could sell a lot of spectator tickets for race fans to watch some one win these $25K, $50K and now $100K and $500K races! But the last four or five rounds need to be a pretty firm time schedule if you want to sell a few thousand tickets, Then they could bank some money not based on entry fees, doubles, buybacks.

I think this one hit it on the head. if you have double entries allow them any way.

Later rounds during the down time put together a gamblers race. high entry 32 car race or something as a filler.

When Luke did his 150 race they had allot of spectators. they even did a thing with Frisbee and put the final 16 or 32 car drivers names on them and tossed them into the crowd. if your driver won the spectator got $500 There are ways just need to be creative.

Personally I love the 1 driver 1 car rule one time down the track. But i still support the multi entry races. Just sucks when you have one car and cant double because you dont have a second car.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is very simple: Do and Pay exactly as the flyer states (split it however the racers decide). Assuming no weather and no combined races obviously. Thats all i want. The flyer says it all. As a racer all we can ask is what we’ve agreed to by attending the race and the flyer. Triple crowns thumbs down

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would like the purse to be set, that is once the min entry is achieved, or at a guaranteed race the amount of money in the purse is the same regardless of how the #s fall, eg if there is a round of 17 that all of the spots would be paid to the racers somehow. The way most promoters do it now, we as racers would be ****her ahead to pay someone not to show up to create a round of 16 which would ensure that all the spots would be paid.
How it became normal that all that money would go out of the purse is beyond me.

Maybe Michael could shed some light on this.

Jamie

Posts: 22 | Location: canada | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neil dryton:
I would like the purse to be set, that is once the min entry is achieved, or at a guaranteed race the amount of money in the purse is the same regardless of how the #s fall,

Careful what you wish for, because that would work both ways... If you want a set total purse, then as you get more entries in the event, the payout per car could actually become less, if you're paying round money. Despite "odd" numbers in the late rounds, our total payout on just one of our $20K main events alone was about $4,000 more in 2017 than in 2016, when it fell even most rounds, due to a much higher car count.

Something Loose Rocker started in 2018 was if a race went 10 rounds, we doubled the Semi money.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5767 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dan

This is incorrect, on two fronts:
1) Sending the buybacks straight to Round 2 means the buyback car won one less round to win the event. That driver simply bought the other round, as Mad Dog stated. With re-entry, everyone in Rnd 2 WON a round to get there, and the event winner will have WON the same number of rounds.
2) Re-Entry formats all promoters to PAY OUT more. You can have a straight buyback if you want, but either the payouts would go down, or the buyback fee would increase. We pioneered "FAT $5K" races: $5K/Win races that pay $100 Round Money starting 3rd Rnd Win, with a $60 Re-Entry, when most $5K races were still paying $35-$50 round money, or some only paying 8 cars.
I agree but he still won the round regardless buying the round or not and it just takes so much longer for the winners of first round to run second round...and they are still saving money at some degree

Posts: 1272 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post