DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Give everyone a trophy

Posts: 1529 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
quote:

Pay it deeper.

Bob

You know, I don't really mind the multiple entries etc. And true start etc is nice, but isn't a decider for me. But if they paid well down, even if it reduced the top, I would certainly consider the race. Heck the top is almost always split anyhow. Why kid ourselves with the sexy top payout?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
True Races!! ONE MAN ONE CAR ONE ENTRY!! may the best man or woman win!!

Posts: 30 | Location: calhoun ga | Registered: May 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
I agree with 333mc and others. One person, one car, one entry.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
for the recommendations of no double entries

Do double entries on a flyer make you stay at the house and not attend the event? or is it just something you would prefer?

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
for the recommendations of no double entries

Do double entries on a flyer make you stay at the house and not attend the event? or is it just something you would prefer?

It doesn't MAKE me stay at the house but it helps determine if I will or will not go.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Drop the top purse a little, so you can pay back better, then 1099 people on where they finished.

Shawn Pinkerton has a great idea, but I don't think any track has that kind of cash at any given time.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Drop the top purse a little, so you can pay back better

SFG did this for 2019 in four of their events.

If there is a split at a big money race and you can make it, the payout can be much greater than the advertised flyer.

Posts: 2613 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054: Do double entries on a flyer make you stay at the house and not attend the event?

Never! and I don't double

Posts: 2613 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I feel that double entries for a big event would increase entry count more than the entries that it would turn away by people staying home? helping out the promoter

Its an opinion with no factual basis, but I don't believe as many people refuse to attend an event that has double entries as those who double enter at said event

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
I could be wrong, but I feel that double entries for a big event would increase entry count more than the entries that it would turn away by people staying home? helping out the promoter.

I agree with this. BUT, if I can double, I am going to double. So I look at the flyer and figure how much it would cost to double enter, and what buyback money I would need for both entries. At the end, I say to myself, "I can just stay home and pretend I won [insert large figure here] dollars!"

I also agree with those saying to spread the purse back further, but then you don't get the sexy huge number to put on the flyer or event name and racers won't turn out for it.

I've just come to understand that I prefer $5-10K races with somewhat high entries that pay back well. Give me the old Tenn-Tuck format: $200 for $10K with no buybacks and some decent round money.

I always look to see how many rounds I'd need to go each day to get my entry back. If it is more than 3-4 rounds, I'm not interested.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One car, one driver. I have been to some races where they didn't have buybacks because there are too many entries. If you eliminated the double entries you might be able to have buybacks, which puts money back in the promoters pocket that they lost from not having double entries. In some cases the buybacks are more than the actual entry fee.
It sucks when you go to a race where you get zero time runs and there are no buybacks, that is where the double entries have an advantage IMO.

Posts: 111 | Location: SO. IL. | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
Mostly applies to out West...Support your Pro/bottom bulb racers to the same, or at least closer to the same extent you do the top bulb racers. At almost all races I've raced out west, the bottom bulb racer races for smaller purse, and those round prizes/best losing package prizes almost exclusively go to and are catered to top bulb racers.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I haven't raced at any big money races,but my idea would be to offer more best losing package awards.

Maybe give awards to the racer that loses with the best reaction time,stripe hog award,or any number of reasons for losing.

At the end of the day,only one person wins.Very rarely is that winner truly the "best" racer of that day.

The packages are unbelievable and it takes an incredible amount of luck to win.

Winning "something" because you lost with a .005 package,because the other guy had a .003 package could help with the disappointment of losing with such a great run.

Election was 2 years ago the commie slimeball sanders lost.

Posts: 237 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Spread purse back ****her
No buy backs
Get the race run before bed time , no more of this all nighter stuff for us ole folks !!

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like the 1 car, 1 driver, idea and really like the no buyback idea but don't see it happening. I am a foot brake racer and we only get a few true foot brake races, not no box, but my suggestion is to get the buttons off the steering wheel at these races period. I don't care if you are using them or not they don't belong in a foot brake car and the promoters should have the b-al-ls to say so.

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Election was 2 years ago the commie slimeball sanders lost.[/QUOTE]

I am not advocating a "trophy" for everyone.

Years ago in Stock Eliminator,we had the "Perfectly Strange Performance Award" sponsored by Strange Engineering.

I kind of miss that.It was possible to win quite a bit of money without winning the whole race.

Maybe that is why they dropped it.Some people may have been offended.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
1/4 mile
No buy backs
1 car 1 driver

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
x2, Bruce

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Make sure your event is being covered by MotormaniaTV so that I can enjoy them (only vicariously of course) too. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post