DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Had ONE Recommendation What Would It Be?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Not let the PROMOTER put drivers in the race.....

x2

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4407 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I like the 1 car, 1 driver, idea and really like the no buyback idea but don't see it happening. I am a foot brake racer and we only get a few true foot brake races, not no box, but my suggestion is to get the buttons off the steering wheel at these races period. I don't care if you are using them or not they don't belong in a foot brake car and the promoters should have the b-al-ls to say so.

Here here!

One concession: 1 driver, one car, single entry, buy back allowed. 1 driver, one car, double-entered, no buy back allowed.

No time shot, buy back allowed. Time shot day of the race, no buy back allowed.

I get the 2 drivers one car deal. Some people will double in a good car to make the trip more economical for those traveling a long distance. Those same people may not go more than 400 miles each way if they both had to have their own car.

Never an easy answer..........

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Just one thing makes it a really tough question.

I think multiple entries are okay, there are a lot of reasons for it.

The promoter has a dead-on number for entries that allows him/her to pay the purse as listed plus cover overhead and make a profit. I say that once that number is reached, then ANY additional monies from double entries, buy-backs or re-entries gets added to the semi-final losers and back - hopefully deeper than normal.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Why do people not like a promoter fielding a car ??? Never really understood that unless there's a cap on entries. As long as everyone plays by the rules what's the difference.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
As a racer, my one wish would be for some 1,000' races (for those facilities that can handle it). Other than that, we generally put on the types of races that we would want to go to.

I'd be a fan of 1 car/1 driver/1 entry, but the math needs to work out in order to provide the kind of purses that people expect for the entry fee that they expect. Not having doubles absolutely guts a race. Even when you draw enough cars to think you could do without, a bad forecast at the same event can turn it upside down in a hurry. In many areas, all but the cheapest entry fees are a dealbreaker. It's a big catch-22, with a tricky balance. There have been a couple 1 car/1 driver/1 entry races, and they have not done well, probably due to the necessarily higher entry fee.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5764 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

The promoter has a dead-on number for entries that allows him/her to pay the purse as listed plus cover overhead and make a profit. I say that once that number is reached, then ANY additional monies from double entries, buy-backs or re-entries gets added to the semi-final losers and back - hopefully deeper than normal.

Who runs a business this way? Shouldn't they be as successful as they make it? Most people want races that guarantee money... so when they dont hit their number are you making up for it? That is asinine. When I work my butt off at work and earn a bonus should I redistribute that because I already made the money I needed?

Posts: 33 | Location: Xenia | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One thing I would say is just be fair to everybody. If you are going to allows doubles, allow them any form. I'd rather not have doubles, but when all the big dogs are doubled it makes it twice as hard to win so I feel like I need to double to have a good shot at it. The races that kill me are the ones that you can only double if you have two cars. How is that fair at all? You still have to get through the hitters because most of them either have two cars or have access to two cars. That caters to the rich or famous and I dont race at those races.

Also, I have seen races that do allow doubles but only a time run on the first day. New entries only after the first day. I have seen guys with multiple cars only run the door car the first day, then roll his dragster out the next day and get a time run. I know they say the car and driver has to be a new entry, but it doesn't happen. I've also seen people switch cars and get time runs. Most likely depends on who you are.

People switching cars during races is also one I dont like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Dixon,

Posts: 31 | Location: Roxboro NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Why do people not like a promoter fielding a car ??? Never really understood that unless there's a cap on entries. As long as everyone plays by the rules what's the difference.
Why cuz I worked f ing hard for my money can’t hardly race now cuz of what’s going on back at work while I’m trying to race...then I line up against some broke dyck mofo that got put in the race by promoter x that don’t give two shyts in the world what’s going on an lays down a damn 5 pack on me....I know it is what’s it is but when you have to pull that d a m n money outta ya on pocket it’s a little different story....

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think due to time to run the rounds it is crazy to allow anything other than 1 car, one driver, one car one entry. I have no problems at all with buybacks.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the dragsters to the staging lanes first every now and then

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ X2 !!

Posts: 2611 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Racer442olds:
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

Who runs a business this way? Shouldn't they be as successful as they make it? Most people want races that guarantee money... so when they dont hit their number are you making up for it? That is asinine. When I work my butt off at work and earn a bonus should I redistribute that because I already made the money I needed?

I agree. It's one way or the other. If it is guaranteed payout, then the promoter is taking risk and deserves possible return for his efforts. But if there is a structure based on car count, then that is fine too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Points for each round won each weekend with a bonus to the racer with the most round wins for the weekend. Allstar race at final race of season with overall champion for the season series.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 6Volt
posted Hide Post
If you are going to allow doubles and you are going to separate dragsters and door cars, call doorcars to once set of lanes, and dragsters to the other at the same time, and alternate back and forth between running door car pairs and dragster pairs. That way the guy doubling his one dragster doesn't have to haul ass back up to the lanes on his second entry only to run the same guy he just ran thats also doubled. It always seems like the dragsters that double all end up running each other over and over all weekend, while the door car doubles have all the time in world.

Cody Harger
Charger Racing

Posts: 22 | Location: West Monroe, LA | Registered: January 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6Volt:
If you are going to allow doubles and you are going to separate dragsters and door cars, call doorcars to once set of lanes, and dragsters to the other at the same time, and alternate back and forth between running door car pairs and dragster pairs. That way the guy doubling his one dragster doesn't have to haul ass back up to the lanes on his second entry only to run the same guy he just ran thats also doubled. It always seems like the dragsters that double all end up running each other over and over all weekend, while the door car doubles have all the time in world.

^^^^ I really like this a lot!!!

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Me too!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Winner^^^^

10% of winning purse goes to: Most contorted winning stripe maneuver.....
Roll Eyes

Posts: 842 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Charge a little more for the entry and give everyone 2 entries

Posts: 64 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Car and driver can only go down the track once per round.

If I am single entered, second round I have gone down the track one time. A double entered car could be on his 4th run of the day and I have made one. At the big races that take 4-5 hours to complete a round and don't give time runs its a big deal. They double and want to prey on the single entered guys.

This is bracket racing, level the field for everyone.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 777 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Car and driver can only go down the track once per round.

If I am single entered, second round I have gone down the track one time. A double entered car could be on his 4th run of the day and I have made one. At the big races that take 4-5 hours to complete a round and don't give time runs its a big deal. They double and want to prey on the single entered guys.

This is bracket racing, level the field for everyone.
WRONG...if your gonna have doubles you gotta have ALL DOUBLES....don’t cater to the rich guys that’s got 14 racecars to my one....

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post