DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Future Of Fontana
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Future Of Fontana
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Yea! If and when it does open it is scheduled the weekend after the Nascar race. Please re-open, I have been disappointed enough this month. Thinking about going out and protesting and burning and of course looting. Oh sorry that's what the other side does when they don't get there way. My mistake!

I find it amazing the burning , looting etc just stopped. HMMMM And they think the public is clueless...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm new at this stuff, Larry. Who is bringing the bricks and stuff for us to ( peacefully protest)? Smile

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
It’s
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
It's almost like Amazon has figured out that racetracks represent large, under-utilized properties they can get for a good price.

They are late to that party.
Car Salvage/auction companies beat them to the punch.

Englishtown drag racing gone, other motor sports activities still active though.
Hundreds of cars being stored/parked on the former dragstrip pits paved areas

Atco supposedly under contract and in the permit approval process to become a car storage and auction site

Large tracts of land worth millions to businesses that can make big money on a site that is on life support as a drag strip

Happening more often than not around the country.

We drag racers are an endangered species....Dinosaurs

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
It’s
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
It's almost like Amazon has figured out that racetracks represent large, under-utilized properties they can get for a good price.

They are late to that party.
Car Salvage/auction companies beat them to the punch.

Englishtown drag racing gone, other motor sports activities still active though.
Hundreds of cars being stored/parked on the former dragstrip pits paved areas

Atco supposedly under contract and in the permit approval process to become a car storage and auction site

Large tracts of land worth millions to businesses that can make big money on a site that is on life support as a drag strip

Happening more often than not around the country.

We drag racers are an endangered species....Dinosaurs

Its been 4 or 5 years since it closed but Dallas raceway in Crandall, known as the concrete palace closed and is now a parking lot and salvage yard for semi trucks. Track, tower and all out buildings still there, concrete is wall to wall trucks.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm new at this stuff, Larry. Who is bringing the bricks and stuff for us to ( peacefully protest)?

If we are going to protest, loot and steal chit Chuck I want to pick the place, maybe a Jeg's or Summit, ya know some place that has the chit I need. I got a wide screen, don't need that but a Pro Charger, WOW now you're talking'.

What about snacks? My wife can bring a cheese tray, quiche or maybe even a few salads. Another great thought, lets protest a beer and wine store something to go with that cheese tray.

What do ya think ChuckO?

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bob, we'll meet at my place and plan the logistics.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There are 3 Amazon fulfillment centers within 15 miles of Fontana (San Bernardino). So I doubt they would build another in Fontana.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1030 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And So now no TS Sonoma Nats next year, only the double. Lots of miles in our future Super Angry

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No TS. What's that. Didn't think of that

Posts: 1030 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One of the girls that works at Fontana said that they are going to re-open, crossing my fingers. I can do Bakersfield twice a year, maybe three but not more often. It's a 544 mile round trip from here with the Grapevine in the middle.

What is a TS Barry?

Bob

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, Top Sportsman.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NahNahTounge

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Not Top Stud .... Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Barry,
Kyle Seipel said they are only going to have Wednesday night drags for a while. I would assume till they get a new track manager.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd, Kyle said that they were going only have Wednesday night drags and nothing else

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
JRED , we were .005 from being Top Studs at Vegas... Big Grin. We still had a blast!

Yeah kinda throws a stick in the spokes. No fault of Kyles. We had it good for a long time with Summit series bracket drags /club races/ testing and NHRA.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sonoma will still have a double divisional and a National in July.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes that's the way I read Kyle's statement on FB No more Summit bracket and Gold Rush, but Wed. nites and 1 div dbl. header and Nat'l back to back in July.

Posts: 148 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I spoke with someone yesterday that told me he made a bid to buy the Fontana track prep equipment.

Has anyone spoken with Mike Rice about what is, or is not going on at Fontana? There is a lot of conflicting information about the Drag Strip, most of it not encouraging.

A lot of the NHRA staff members are working from home so it's difficult to get in touch with Mike.

Bob

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike doesn't know it they are closing or not seems like we will have to be patient and wait. Personally I think they will stay open and start racing in early April or sooner.