DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Future Of Fontana
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Future Of Fontana
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If Fontana is re-opening in March after the Nascar race which has been mentioned on this website. I would think that they would post a schedule for the events to follow. I am trying to be positive about all of this, but there are too many rumors about property has been sold, bidding on equipment, and most of all not one person giving us racers a plan. They scheduled a Nascar car race, so why is it so difficult to tell us what's going on with the dragstrip? Mike Rice if you are reading this or any official from Fontana Dragway just tell us.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike Rice told me today he has no clue about what's going on at Fontana. Also. There is no manager to post anything on there website.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One of my older sons (not Mike) is bidding on a well known Top Sportsman, probably not great timing.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Come-on-man. Who's car?

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I hear TS at Sonoma National May have been left out in error and may be put back in !
Stirring it up

Just trying to have some FUN!

Posts: 51 | Location: Torrance , Ca. | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Keep Stirrin' Okie.

The opportunity to race anywhere is becoming a challenge. I wish they could get Bakersfield back on the LODRS list.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Keep Stirrin' Okie.

The opportunity to race anywhere is becoming a challenge. I wish they could get Bakersfield back on the LODRS list.

Bob

Rich, Bob, Larry... they are making it very costly for us to get to the races. Sonoma, yeah that sucks. It doesn’t make sense in this environment with car counts down to hold out any class. Bakersfield has to be on the divisional schedule. It’s pretty much half way for all. I bet they would get 6-700 cars with a double. Cha ching! Questions are raised and I’ll guess we’ll see .. And then there is racing in Arizona in April/May... can you say monsoon season? It could be 105 deg or snowing! WTH! We are not going to Tuscon period. This Team is weighing its options..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NHRA clerical error HMMMM

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tucson is still trying to recover from the Winter in February and/or March. The last time I was there they had an issue with water seeping up through the surface which made it thrilling, if not down right scary experience. Eddie Prenevost and Chris Newman can probably comment on that.

NHRA and Mike should do whatever is necessary to get Bakersfield to hold a LODRS event again, just not in the dead of Summer.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And the "Hits" keep coming. Harley Davidson announced that they are ending their relationship with Vance and Hines. 20 years and gone.

Not lookin' good for 2021.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:

NHRA and Mike should do whatever is necessary to get Bakersfield to hold a LODRS event again, just not in the dead of Summer.

Bob

From what I understand the NHRA fee for a track to hold a divisional is something like $14K plus the track is responsible for the pay out. If they get a poor turnout for whatever reason the track can lose a bunch of money. Not alot of incentive there.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Bakersfield has a very busy schedule without NHRA. They quit the Heritage Series and The Summit ET Finals. NHRA has to change the fee structure or they will continue to lose tracks.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lucas oil is celebrating there 20th year with nhra in 2021 and from what I understand there last.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd, where did you get the idea that Bakersfield left the heritage series?

Lucas just ended it’s off road series

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
When there was a LODRS event at Bakersfield it was a single event. Now that they are doubling up with two events it would be profitable for Bakersfield, the car count would be huge, but it somewhat depends on the date, dead summer would be a tougher draw.

I agree NHRA has to revisit the fee they charge tracks, perhaps work on a percentage of the gate and not a flat fee. The incentive for the NHRA would be increase their marketing to pull cars and perhaps spectators. If it's not profitable for a track (any track) it's not going to happen, not these days.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Floyd, where did you get the idea that Bakersfield left the heritage series?

Lucas just ended it’s off road series

We used to race most of the Heritage races and haven't been back to Bakersfield except for the March Meet.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Question? Does a sanctioning track have to pay 28K to NHRA for a double header?

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Heritage series will always be at Bakersfield with the March meet and Hot rod reunion. But the other 3 races 2 @ Sac. and 1 @ Fontana. Now there it could be a problem with the fate of the two tracks. Also if the owners of Bakersfield can't get fan participation then they cancel. So that is the scenario for Heritage. As far the off road series. What in the h--- does that have to do with Heritage

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The very first drag race that I went to when I moved to California was the March Meet at Bakersfield. The three of us, my wife and our 10 month old son Michael could not afford a hotel so slept on the ground each night, didn't care that it was freezing cold, didn't care that we ate cold food this was Bakersfield. This was a 64 Fuel car field and it was the most exciting thing I had ever witnessed. Bakersfield has always been magic for me, it is the center of the Earth of Drag racing, it is, has been and always will be the National Hot Rod Association.

My son Mike now has a Top Dragster and recently won at Phoenix.

Bob