DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Future Of Fontana
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Future Of Fontana
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Let’s get all of you a gold star

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK. Sources Fontana employee to NHRA employee to a good close friend known for years. . I believe them. Good thing about all of this is probably no buildings erected due to contaminated soil. But large areas to park on in this area are hard to get. Amazon needs it. They are not going to park on the drag strip that's a good sign, only time will tell. Question is when it's time to put race cars on the track will we have a place to pit. I'm on the positive side of this situation.

Posts: 148 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hope is all you have. Fingers crossed

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Non-answer to the question from the track:

Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 11:44 AM
To: David Gerard <>
Subject: RE: Happy Holidays

David

Keep an eye out on the website for future Drag Strip news and schedule.

Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 10:10 AM
To: ACS-TicketOffice
Subject: RE: Happy Holidays

WARNING: This email originated outside of NASCAR Enterprises, LLC.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Thanks…

David Gerard

FastNews Network

Posts: 442 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they are making plans for 2021

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Like you said...all we can do is hope..

I can always sell my dragster and go back to street racing..had more fun and made more money doing that then being granted the privilege of giving nhra my money.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4528 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well Dave thanks to you I was able to buy one of my favorite cars. we did donate to NHRA, but I'm sure both of us have a lot of good memories. The Balance shop arrow just gota have it. lol

Posts: 148 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Well, my hair dressers cousin knows the guy that sweeps the parking lot at NHRA hqtrs and he said he thought Fontana would open up. And if anybody should know it's gotta be him.
HMMMM

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
Well Dave thanks to you I was able to buy one of my favorite cars. we did donate to NHRA, but I'm sure both of us have a lot of good memories. The Balance shop arrow just gota have it. lol

Any idea where the Arrow ended up Bob? I'd love to have it back..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4528 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave- I sold it to Chuck Young of the "Frenzy" Falcon fame. He and Ed Selnow put a sb chevy in it and Chuck took the car with him when he moved to N. Carolina in '92 or 93. He sold the car a few yrs. later and I think it went to Florida. Boy the first 9.70 pass that I made with that sb Chrysler at Bakersfield scared the ---- out of me.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It just went where you pointed it lol..

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If I can find Chucks # I'll find out where it went for sure. Get ready for a long drive if it's available lol

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess that will tell me how much I really would like to have it back huh?
Someone said it was painted all red now?

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mopacltd:
Lucas pulled out of the drag boat series

Lucas shuttered the off road racing series too...

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, what ever happened to Ed Selnow?

Bob

Posts: 3170 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob Ed Selnow totally dropped out of drag racing. Last I saw him he was on the crew or crew chief for C. Breedlove land speed jet car and working as a jet mechanic in Lancaster. He was a good one, very analytical. Way ahead of most of us on dialing with a throttle stop. Ed and Windys "Bank Account" chevy II. I need to find him too.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We have now turned the " The Future of Fontana" to the "Past Days of California Drag Racing"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Well EXCUSE me. I will change it to JEGGIE. That better for you, IP.

Larry,

There's one of every message board that can't just provide a respectfully worded disagreement. Instead it comes in the form of a petulant personal attack.

Posts: 382 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think the Hot Rod Heritage schedule has 2 race dates at Fontana

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Oops, read it wrong. Famoso has the 2 race dates. Sorry for my inaccurate post.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post