DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Future Of Fontana
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Future Of Fontana
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I heard a rumor that they may re-name The Auto Club Dragway at Fontana as...........Amazon Delivery Speedway.

No?

Bob

Posts: 3127 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are they tearing down the statue as well. Yikes

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was just told that Amazon is parking or going to start parking their delivery vehicles on the drag strip pit parking area and not the strip. Sounds like the same citation they're doing at Las Vegas. Parking truck trailers for 130K a month. So what does all of this mean? Has anyone been out there lately?

Posts: 147 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Who at Fontana told you that Amazon is paying $130,000 rent per month at Fontana?

Posts: 1023 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry Larry- I was comparing what's happening here with what's happening in Las Vegas. Amazon is either paying monthly to park vehicles or they purchased the property. Still the word is out that vehicles are going to be there or on there way.

Posts: 147 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It's hard for me to believe that no one in Glendora knows what's going on with Fontana. In this case "no news" is not good news. I never imagined that the NHRA would lose all their tracks in Southern California, Drag Racing was born here.

It appears that if I want to attend the six 2021 LODRS events I will have to tow 4100 miles and be gone nearly a month. To throw more salt in the wound I'm hearing that Lucas might drop that Series.

Bottom line: Barona is my only reasonable option, or quit.

Bob

Posts: 3127 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
It's hard for me to believe that no one in Glendora knows what's going on with Fontana. In this case "no news" is not good news. I never imagined that the NHRA would lose all their tracks in Southern California, Drag Racing was born here.

It appears that if I want to attend the six 2021 LODRS events I will have to tow 4100 miles and be gone nearly a month. To throw more salt in the wound I'm hearing that Lucas might drop that Series.

Bottom line: Barona is my only reasonable option, or quit.

Bob

Or move to Texas!!

Posts: 2493 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
From what I heard 2021 will be Lucas Oil's last year of sponsoring sportsman. I think with all the motorhomes in the pits that Camping World might step up to sponsor the sportsman. I think it would be an inexpensive move for Camping World.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't bet on Lucas leaving. They have been involved in all kinds of sports for years and it has helped them build their business. They aren't going to do anything to hurt their business.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got this Info from a very reliable source. I hope they stick around as well. If they don't Jegs would be a great fit for the sportsman. Now that they are not spending $$$ for Pro Stock.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I got this Info from a very reliable source. I hope they stick around as well. If they don't Jegs would be a great fit for the sportsman. Now that they are not spending $$$ for Pro Stock.

Still spending big money, Troy jr replaced Jeg in the Elite PS

Posts: 2493 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lucas pulled out of the drag boat series

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Larry, your source probably isn’t real sharp or is it you. Troy Jr is taking Uncle Jegs place in pro stock next year at elite

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Larry, your source probably isn’t real sharp or is it you. Troy Jr is taking Uncle Jegs place in pro stock next year at elite

This discussion is full of rumors and gossip...Larry just added his

Don't be an ed

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4498 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Larry added something that wasn’t true.

Don’t be a Ed or a Mike

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Larry added something that wasn’t true.

Don’t be a Ed or a Mike

Really?? At this fuc'n point in time who the he11 knows what's
going to be true tomorrow, much less next year?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4498 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should read, Larry said Jegs was out of pro stock which isn’t true.

Fact, auto club dragway is closed

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I read all the posts...lots of "I heard" "a good source said" ect ect
Didn't see anybody saying its a done deal...well except you of course...And as official as your opinion is, I think I'll wait for the actual facts to come out

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well EXCUSE me. I will change it to JEGGIE. That better for you, IP.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Well EXCUSE me. I will change it to JEGGIE. That better for you, IP.

I meant what you knew Larry.. Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4568 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post