DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Youngest winner ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest winner ever
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In our sue happy world, A good lawyer would eat everybody's lunch if an underage driver hurt somebody and the track knew it was going on.

that is just the reality of todays world.

That would not be good for any of us.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Drag coverage posted on facebook about this and asked everybody opinion on it. They have around 800 comments on it. I looked through some of them and there seems to be two sides to the story. One said management gave the blessing to the kid to race and management said they didn't know anything about it. So someone isn't telling the truth.

But with that being said. Anybody that has attend a big dollar race knows there is no such thing as tech or rules. You can set here and list a ton of rules that are broke at everyone of them. I'm sure everybody remembers the million got moved from indy cause indy was running tech and very few was passing. One other thing I seen posted on Drag Coverage that is never brought up. Is why don't they drug test drivers. I'm sure everyone knows somebody that has to smoke weed before they can race or pop pills or have a drink.

To me it all boils down to one thing. Not all promoters but some. Will do anything to make a buck and when you roll through the gate and your money is green you are good to go. As long as it stays like this rules won't mean nothing to people. Some people will follow them and some will push them to the limit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ts393c,

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
The rumor that the young man, or his parents, lied to get him in the race should be squashed. That DID NOT happen. He raced the $525K in Michigan in a 5.70 door car. His age was known and he was invited to come race.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I just don't want people to think they lied to get him in the race.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X
http://worldfootbrakechallenge.com
The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
How many parents are now selling the JR and ordering 4.50 dragsters for their 13 year old, so they are ready for next season...being they now know the age rules no longer matter?

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
How many parents are now selling the JR and ordering 4.50 dragsters for their 13 year old, so they are ready for next season...being they now know the age rules no longer matter?

When was KC dialed 4.50? Pretty sure I saw him in a 4.9/5.0 car all weekend but I could be mistaken.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:
I just don't want people to think they lied to get him in the race.

His age might have been known at that race...but in earlier races THEY MOST CERTAINLY HAD LIED ABOUT HIS AGE. The parents didn't show up at the first race and say my 14 year old boy is gonna be in SP today.

Burt

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
quote:

When was KC dialed 4.50? Pretty sure I saw him in a 4.9/5.0 car all weekend but I could be mistaken.

I didn't accuse the boy of running that speed at all. Reading is fundamental.

Burt

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
I hope my Grandsons don't read this.... they will drive me nutz.

Congrats to the young man. Winning any of these events is an accomplishment.

I am old enough that we were never certain to make a pass until we went through tech.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
The rumor that the young man, or his parents, lied to get him in the race should be squashed. That DID NOT happen. He raced the $525K in Michigan in a 5.70 door car. His age was known and he was invited to come race.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I just don't want people to think they lied to get him in the race.

Jed I agree with you on this one. As you know those rumor was posted on the SFG page by SFG. Then out of the blue the post got deleted.

Something doesn't look right.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the lesson on reading. Read it just fine. You posted on a OP about KC racing being 14. Then decide to make a comment about parents selling their JR to buy a 4.50 dragster for their soon to be 14 year old. Common sense is fundamental. Big difference in a 4.50 dragster and a 4.90 dragster.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big difference in a 4.50 dragster and a 4.90 dragster.

Big difference between a 7.90 JR and a 4.50 dragster too for that matter.

Burt

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
The way big car chassis are built, I'd much rather have a teenager going 140 mph in a big car chassis than in a JR going 85 mph... I've driven both, my brother has driven both, a fully suspended big car is way more smoother and easier to handle than a go cart essentially.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Make the kid take his NHRA license runs and test. If he passes, leave him be.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only problem with that is NHRA and IHRA have a minimum age requirement of 16. I don’t care how good he may be. But he can’t even get a tow rig to the race track without a license so why should he be allowed to drive a race car?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Its not like they let an asian kid race.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

His age might have been known at that race...but in earlier races THEY MOST CERTAINLY HAD LIED ABOUT HIS AGE. The parents didn't show up at the first race and say my 14 year old boy is gonna be in SP today.

You're going off of what you 'think' happened, and I'm stating what I KNOW happened. No lies were told to get him in ANY race.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X
http://worldfootbrakechallenge.com
The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:

The only problem with that is NHRA and IHRA have a minimum age requirement of 16. I don’t care how good he may be. But he can’t even get a tow rig to the race track without a license so why should he be allowed to drive a race car?

They did drop the JR age limit, may be time to drop the Big car age limit also.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
thats what the junior program is for if everyone else has to follow NHRA Rules so should he. If I was NHRA due to the blant disreguard for the rules he was racing at 14 he would be suspend for 2 years starting on his 16th bday. The driver and family should be accountable for there actions reguardless if the promotor know or not

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:

They did drop the JR age limit, may be time to drop the Big car age limit also.

To be honest I hope they don't. I know there are some young people out there more than capable of handling a fast car. But I would be willing to bet there are more that can't. You can't just pick and choose who you want to be able to race at a young age. You set a age limit and go with it.

Now I know some one will say there are older people that shouldn't race. I know that and see that too. That's on the track. If somebody is dangerous to the other racers because of their driving, they can be kicked out too. Not 100 percent for sure but I would bet the track could get NHRA pull their license. But that is up to the track officials to do it. Most won't do it because they don't want to run off any business.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're going off of what you 'think' happened, and I'm stating what I KNOW happened. No lies were told to get him in ANY race.

How about an interview with KC and Riley on the next podcast? Would be great to hear all sides of the story direct from the involved parties.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post