New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pomona Crashes
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm sure everyone has seen the John Force video.

https://youtu.be/WFVoAMbAxsc

But the Top Dragster crash looked brutal. Hope they both are okay.I guess they canceled the rest of the Sportsman racing for today.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone/text with John Richardson. He is doing OK but will be sore for a couple of days.
I have not heard how Genieva Nash is doing.
Yes it was a horrific crash.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Just let anybody drive whatever they want, it'll be fine. Hell, put her in a fuel altered next. Need to build a new car anyway...

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Geneva Nash has doing this a long time. She is no rookie. Stuff happens sometimes.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
She certainly drive like a rookie! She wrecked 2 cars all because she didn’t lift! Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
She was out of the groove very early and it got worse from there.....and I agree with Ed 100%...all she had to do was lift and save it for another day....very poor judgement on her part....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Geneva Nash has doing this a long time. She is no rookie. Stuff happens sometimes.

Not a damned thing on earth just "happens"

She staged crooked, the car drove the direction it was pointed (who knew), and she didnt lift till she was almost to the other wall. One might say she took that dude out deliberate it was so pathetic. If Hunter got banned a year, she should get life with no parole.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Some of the best drivers on this planet have crashed and given enough time it happens to nearly everyone. John Force's "accident" this weekend is proof that no one always gets a free pass. Geneva Nash also has a lot of experience, it simply got out from under her. There was no deliberate intention to take out John Richardson, absolutely none!

Bob

Posts: 3086 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed, if they all lift like you they will never see the finish line.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
She is 100% at fault because she didn’t lift, hasn’t a fucing clue how to drive!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
At the 330’ cone the left rear slick is next to and driving over the centerline, Just like the announcer states. Like others said, Poor driving and could have been avoided. Hope both mend soon.

Was this run eliminations or qualifying for TD?

Posts: 2475 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To end up that squarely on the centerline wfo, that would have to be a hung wide open throttle peddle, and she's fighting with toe hook.

I'd think.

Either that or she fainted, with her foot glued to the floorboard.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot, I’m sure she’ll call you for lessons

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Force could've done better with it, if he had a suicide knob on his steering wheel.

He needed some more down on it, or something. I don't think anyone could've sailed that one down through there.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
She better call someone cause she just showed all she isn’t qualified to drive a car with that performance. Fucing clueless just you old man

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot, remember you posted that this stuff is all opinions and nothing else.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Ediot, remember you posted that this stuff is all opinions and nothing else.

EDiot gets all butt hurt when your opinion doesn't align with his. Wink

2BKING Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^^^FACT^^^^^

L8R, Mike

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they are both ok, but I'm with Ed on this one as well. It's pretty clear she didn't back off and should have. Once she was out of the groove and moving around she should have been off the gas and pulling chutes.....this was an avoidable accident. You can clearly hear her car still accelerating in the video.

One of the first things I learned when driving is you're not superman....get out of shape, loose traction, car gets weird, GET OUT OF IT and pull the chutes.....too many driver's out there think they can just drive right on through it....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1486 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post