New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pomona Crashes
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark, you absolutely correct however you didn’t tell everyone else they are idiots

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
I'm just over here wondering why its an issue to call people out when they over drive or put others in harms way?

Two racers did just that this weekend, and 4 cars were lost because of it. We can all make excuses but that changes nothing. I don't care how long someones been racing, if they no longer have the capabilities or judgement to safely get the car down the track it's either time to slow down or get out.

I like everyone on here hate to see this, but there's too many out there behind the wheel of stuff they shouldn't be. Just cause they could at one time doesn't mean they still can, and this must be realized. This isn't meant to single any one person out, but I feel this has been an issue for a long time.

Posts: 381 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you gotta know when to say enough is enough and abort the run.

Back in 2013 I was in the final in TD at a D2 race in Atlanta, I had the quicker car by a couple of tenths, about 1000' I was just about to pull up next to my opponent (I had a better light by a good margin) but the car made a hard move towards the center line, I immediately lifted and pulled the chute. Of course I Lost the race. My opponent asked me what happened, you had me covered, so I told him. He said "wow, I figured you broke".

I was never sorry I lifted, even though losing like that really sucked. But I had a car to race again and probably prevented an ugly situation.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Sometimes you gotta know when to say enough is enough and abort the run.

That’s called experience and maturity.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ed, I would say you are correct with that statement.

30+ years ago when I jumped from a SC dragster that would run 8.50's flat out to a TAD that went 6.0's @ 230 you learn pretty quick or else...... somehow I managed to not wad it up. Track prep back then was nothing like it is today, let's just say the steering wheel was my best friend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thankfully her inexperience and decision not to lift, didn’t result in severe injury or death to the other driver. Unfortunately the other driver is out $100k+.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Ed, if they all lift like you they will never see the finish line.

Maybe you need someone like her next to you at top end who doesn't know how to lift and take you out in the process.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
To end up that squarely on the centerline wfo, that would have to be a hung wide open throttle peddle, and she's fighting with toe hook.

I'd think.

Either that or she fainted, with her foot glued to the floorboard.

Ahhhhhh--no. It`s amateur hour at it`s best.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Paul, he’ll never have someone like her next to him at top end because he don’t race, he’s just an old man, an alcoholic and a hater here and the closest he ever came to being a real bracket racer is when he ran his pos truck at Goodguys/super Chevy type of events.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And when you lift and the chassis is unloaded… don’t jump back in it

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I wish I could edit videos frame by frame.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uVTsUIE

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 744 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
I wish I could edit videos frame by frame.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uVTsUIE

pretty hard to dispute

ep

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Total disregard for safety, wreckless driving. She is dangerous to her competitors and herself. Her competition license should be suspended for at least 2 years and she should pay the other driver for his loss.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Looks like she panicked.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Geneva didnt have a clue about her surroundings. She was the slower car, and was behind, and not getting there. Race was over for her between 330 and 660.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 711 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We all have decisions/choices to make when we decide to compete at the dragstrip. Two competitors overdrove their race vehicles; John even admitted to it (maybe Geneva did also) & caused severe crashes. Glad no one was hurt!

How many others at Pomona overdrove their race vehicles but didn't cause crashes.

Overdriving happens at all levels/classes of drag racing in: time runs, qualifications, testing & eliminations.

Again... we all have decisions/choices to make at the track. It's not just your competitor, overdriving, breakage or a medical issues to name a few! Wink

2BKING

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2583 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Thankfully her inexperience and decision not to lift, didn’t result in severe injury or death to the other driver. Unfortunately the other driver is out $100k+.

She's far from inexperienced, this was bad judgement on staying in the throttle.

Posts: 381 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It’s so bad I honestly don’t understand how the throttle wasn’t hung

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t and Her “bad judgement” resulted in wrecking another racer’s car in addition to hers and both were extremely luckily to walk away. Lifting when you are loose and/or out of the groove is 101 as well staging straight.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Geneva didnt have a clue about her surroundings. She was the slower car, and was behind, and not getting there. Race was over for her between 330 and 660.

best post on the subject

ep

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post