DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Garceau:
We have had snow this week.... just up the road had 4 inches one morning.

When a relatively stable complex system, such as the weather in our current epoch, becomes perturbed, it is not at all unusual for the system to undergo wide divergences from the norm before settling into a new stable point. You might read some on chaos theory, as it pertains to weather. It was first developed by Henri Poincare in the 1890’s and later developed further by a researcher in meteorology in the early 1960’s, Edward Lorenz, I believe.

If you do you will discover that it is not at all unexpected that there may be harsh, brief and unusual weather phenomena in a perturbed complex weather system. So a bit of snow at an inappropriate time of the year in your area is not entirely unexpected and in no way discredits the fact that on average the earth appears to be undergoing climate change, part of this change is that on average the earth appears by all reasonable accounts, signs and measurements to be getting warmer, therefore the use of the moniker Global Warming.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
unusual for the system to undergo wide divergences from the norm

OH! So maybe this global warming deal is just one of those divergences?

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
quote:

Mike, Larry's talking about divergences that cover a couple of days. Like the tornadoes that happened today. Ever hear of a late season cold front?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
quote:

Mike, I suggest you go back and read the, w h o l e sentence, as I wrote it, a few more times, not just the little bit you clipped out of the middle, and then try and answer your own question.

You do understand the term, context, don't you? The little bits and pieces of a sentence only work if they are part of the w h o l e thing, right? Also if you feel that I am being condescending, it is because I feel that you are being intellectually dishonest, by using my words out of context. You stop being dishonest and I’ll stop being condescending, that sound fair?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Al Gore czar of hot air production = Global warming.

67 day before yesterday AM, 66 yesterday AM, 65 today AM....

????

Posts: 3090 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by muggs:
Al Gore czar of hot air production = Global warming.

67 day before yesterday AM, 66 yesterday AM, 65 today AM....

????

It got up to 92­­­­° in the shade here the other day. That was in April!!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Do you guys have bomb shelters at your homes.

Did you recover ok from the global freezing that was going to kill us in the 70's?

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you recover ok from the global freezing that was going to kill us in the 70's?

L8R, Mike

Where did you get that information?
You should post a link before we realize you're just insane.
Wink Razz

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5767 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Talk about gibberish!
All these whackados are undoubtedly being supported by tax payers money in grants and they have their desired result, now they are doing all they can do to support it!
NOWHERE is it cited that the activity on the suns surface varies and dwarfs whatever effects man-made activities may cause!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 72 nova
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Koski:
All these whackados are undoubtedly being supported by tax payers money in grants.
QUOTE]

Same thing why a cure for AIDS and Cancer havent been found yet? Universitites gettging millions of FREE $$$ yearly to Research it. Roll Eyes

Acres was here ~~~~> X

Support Our Troops!

Posts: 1810 | Location: Shelby,Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Talk about gibberish!

Yep, thats what you are best at, Blowhard Billy, gibberish, more useless bu11sh1t from the babbling boob, Blowhard Billy!

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Mike, I don't know if you were answering for English by providing your link as it said nothing about global freezing.

Here is a bit of what it did say............

Some scientists now consider that the effects of global dimming have masked the effect of global warming to some extent and that resolving global dimming may therefore lead to increases in predictions of future temperature rise.[17] According to Beate Liepert, "We lived in a global warming plus a global dimming world and now we are taking out global dimming. So we end up with the global warming world, which will be much worse than we thought it will be, much hotter."[42] The magnitude of this masking effect is one of the central problems in climate change with significant implications for future climate changes and policy responses to global warming.

English.... In your reply, were you linking bomb shelters to global freezing??????

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by ihrabob:
Mike, I don't know if you were answering for English by providing your link as it said nothing about global freezing.

Here is a bit of what it did say............

Some scientists now consider that the effects of global dimming have masked the effect of global warming to some extent and that resolving global dimming may therefore lead to increases in predictions of future temperature rise.[17] According to Beate Liepert, "We lived in a global warming plus a global dimming world and now we are taking out global dimming. So we end up with the global warming world, which will be much worse than we thought it will be, much hotter."[42] The magnitude of this masking effect is one of the central problems in climate change with significant implications for future climate changes and policy responses to global warming.

English.... In your reply, were you linking bomb shelters to global freezing??????

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
brrr.... 36 right now Smile

Posts: 1255 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 72 nova
posted Hide Post
Y2K = $$$$$

Global warming = $$$$$

Acres was here ~~~~> X

Support Our Troops!

Posts: 1810 | Location: Shelby,Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I don't think the dupes 'puters will log onto legitimate sites!
The founder of the Weather Channel stated algore should be sued to force him to recant the misinformation he has been spreading. He is swamped with offers of donations and E-mails urging him to go forward with a suit, he, meaning NOT algore!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Garceau:
We have had snow this week.... just up the road had 4 inches one morning.

When a relatively stable complex system, such as the weather in our current epoch, becomes perturbed, it is not at all unusual for the system to undergo wide divergences from the norm before settling into a new stable point. You might read some on chaos theory, as it pertains to weather. It was first developed by Henri Poincare in the 1890’s and later developed further by a researcher in meteorology in the early 1960’s, Edward Lorenz, I believe.

If you do you will discover that it is not at all unexpected that there may be harsh, brief and unusual weather phenomena in a perturbed complex weather system. So a bit of snow at an inappropriate time of the year in your area is not entirely unexpected and in no way discredits the fact that on average the earth appears to be undergoing climate change, part of this change is that on average the earth appears by all reasonable accounts, signs and measurements to be getting warmer, therefore the use of the moniker Global Warming.

I agree 100%....but with the earth being around a few billion years and man only doing accurate recording of temps for the last couple hundred...I could presume the couple 100 years is "be harsh, brief and unusual weather phenomena in a perturbed complex weather system."

Posts: 1255 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 72 nova
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
I don't think the dupes 'puters will log onto legitimate sites!
The founder of the Weather Channel stated algore should be sued to force him to recant the misinformation he has been spreading. He is swamped with offers of donations and E-mails urging him to go forward with a suit, he, meaning NOT algore!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll dontate a few $$$$.

Acres was here ~~~~> X

Support Our Troops!