DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Lets see if old man can respond other than more hot air....................

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Care to name a few of these "REAL" climate scientist to which you refer.

Maybe even just one with a PhD that works in the field?

BK, what that means is one who is making money off the hoax.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
A few "DENIERS" and they aren't some mouthy professor teaching basket weaving like most of the hoaxers are!!!!!

David Douglas, Emeritus Professor, Head of Tropical Meteorology Department Project, Colorado State!

William Kininmonth, Meteorologist Delegate to Meteorological Organization for Climatology!

Tim Patterson, Paleoclimatologist, Carleton University!

Nicola Scafetta, Research Scientist, Duke University!

Roy Spencer, Principal Research Scientist, University of Alabama Huntsville!

Poor "little man larry heathen" will be feverishly digging in snopes trying to discredit these scholars now!
"little man" would be better served investigating the frauds that are perpetrating the hoax!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Even the left-wing lame stream moron media outlet reuters has revealed that the man-made global warming hoaxers are flummoxed because there is no warming and CO2 is at "sky high" levels. Their prognostications are being blown to smithereens!!!!!
"little man larry heathen" had best gather up algore for moral support and take his charts and graphs to these flummoxed (scientists?) and show them he has the matter "DOWN COLD"!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
A few "DENIERS" and they aren't some mouthy professor teaching basket weaving like most of the hoaxers are!!!!!

David Douglas, Emeritus Professor, Head of Tropical Meteorology Department Project, Colorado State!

William Kininmonth, Meteorologist Delegate to Meteorological Organization for Climatology!

Tim Patterson, Paleoclimatologist, Carleton University!

Nicola Scafetta, Research Scientist, Duke University!

Roy Spencer, Principal Research Scientist, University of Alabama Huntsville!

Poor "little man larry heathen" will be feverishly digging in snopes trying to discredit these scholars now!
"little man" would be better served investigating the frauds that are perpetrating the hoax!!!!!

So starting at the top of your list of skeptics we have;

“David Douglas, Emeritus Professor, Head of Tropical Meteorology Department Project, Colorado State!”

http://www.atmos.colostate.edu/faculty/

The above link is for the current faculty of Colorado State University Department of Atmospheric Sciences including Emeritus Professors. No David Douglas to be seen, Emeritus or otherwise.

http://mendel.natsci.colostate...faculty.cfm?menu=dir

We broaden the search to Collage of Natural Science, Colorado State University for Emeritus/Emerita Faculty. No David Douglas here either.

http://facultyandstaff.colostate.edu/

Well hell let’s look at the faculty and staff for the whole university, guess what, no David Douglas.

A Google Scholar search for authors returns two David Douglas’s, David C and David M, neither of which work in climate sciences. One is a wildlife biologist and the other a software ethicists, neither of which are affiliated with the Colorado State University.

http://scholar.google.com/cita...uthors=david+douglas

Well it looks like there isn’t anyone named David Douglas doing anything in climate science, or even a related field at CSU or otherwise.

Ok, well let’s look at the “Tropical Meteorology Project”, at CSU shall we?

http://hurricane.atmos.colostate.edu/

Well hell what do we fine, this project was headed by one Dr. William Gray (Emeritus =retired, Oh, and a skeptic as well), and had been for damn near ever, he and the project did/do Meso-scale tropical weather, that would be hurricanes to you and me.

“The Tropical Meteorology Project is headed by Colorado State University's Dr. William Gray. Professor Gray has worked in the observational and theoretical aspects of tropical meteorological research for more than 40 years. Most of this effort has gone to the investigation of meso-scale tropical weather phenomena. He has specialized in the global aspects of tropical cyclones for his entire professional career. Dr. Gray received his Ph.D. from the University of Chicago, Dept. of Geophysical Sciences in 1964. He has been with Colorado State University's Dept. of Atmospheric Science since 1961, and has been a professor since 1974.”

I suspect that the *******ized first citation you provided actually refers to one David Douglass, two S’s, Professor of solid state physics, so he doesn’t count, as he does not work in the field.

But you then you leave out Dr. Gray who is cited as “Professor Emeritus” from Colorado State and actually runs or ran the “Tropical Meteorology Project” and is in the Wiki list of scientist that argue that global warming is a “natural process”. Likely where the names on your list ordinated, god only knows where you clipped it from, was wiki; but you don’t believe anything from wiki right Bill? Wiki being an evil hard left site seeking to destroy conservative civilization as we know it, right Bill? Nothing from this site should ever be believed, right Bill?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...nt_of_global_warming

“Scientists arguing that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes”
Two of whom are;

"David Douglass, solid-state physicist, professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester"
"William M Gray, Professor emeritus and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University[21]“

[21] is the May 2006 article in the Washington Post that likely got Dr. Bill Gray on the wiki list of global warming skeptics and where he calls global warming a hoax.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...006052301305_pf.html

I get the impression from having read this article that Bill Gray while someone who once was quite eminent in his field, of hurricane predication, has become a bit of a gad fly and blow hard, a self-appointed messianic authority on everything, but for all his beliefs in observational data, he seems to be going pretty much on opinion in his retirement. Apparently Dr. Gray isn’t doing any original research (that is what Emeritus generally means, retired in good standing) at this point and limits himself to a yearly prediction for the Atlantic Hurricane season, which I seem to remember at some point in the past you and others around here though was a bunch of BS.

By the way here is this year’s Atlantic basin hurricane forecast by Klotzbach and Gray (note: Gray is not even lead author in this) should you wish to look at it; http://hurricane.atmos.colosta.../apr2013/apr2013.pdf

Well that is all the time I am willing to devote to your misgivings on anthropomorphic climate change today. If I feel particularly bored maybe I will look into some of the others on your list, seeing how the first seems to have been such an epic fail. Actually one or two do seem to hold some interest for me, and I will have to read what they have to say and see what there actual points of contention with the mainstream of climate change thought are, but that is for another day.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
HA HA made "little man larry heathen" look!!!!!
He spent hours trying to destroy one person on a list of five that I spent 3 minutes assembling!!!!!
There is a slate with over a thousand REAL SCIENTISTS, not the likes of algore or "little man", that anybody can access!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
HA HA made "little man larry heathen" look!!!!!
He spent hours trying to destroy one person on a list of five that I spent 3 minutes assembling!!!!!
There is a slate with over a thousand REAL SCIENTISTS, not the likes of algore or "little man", that anybody can access!!!!!

“HA HA made "little man larry heathen" look!”

Of course I looked, I asked for you to provide the names. So let’s hope you didn’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. I do suppose that is about the only place you are likely to get any props from. But you just keep on trying.

“He spent hours trying to destroy one person on a list of five that I spent 3 minutes assembling!!!!!”

Firstly, I did not try to destroy anyone, I simply ascertained who the first one of them was and if they merited any respect with regard to their pronouncements on climate change. Secondly, yes it is abundantly clear that you only spent 3 minutes assembling “your” list (a third or fourth hand C&P rehash from Wiki), the first one of which, if you had spent a mere moment or two you could have ascertained didn’t even come close to meeting the criteria I asked for, now did he, and save yourself from my pointing out what an epic failure “your” first pick was. Which makes you either an intellectually lazy fool or an immense liar; and given your past history in this venue I’d say both. Thirdly, I unlike you don’t know everything and I do enjoy following your little trails of bread crumbs wherever they might lead, I enjoying learning things and find it a worthwhile endeavor as time allows.

“There is a slate with over a thousand REAL SCIENTISTS, not the likes of algore or "little man", that anybody can access!!!!!”

Why yes there are a number of lists of “scientist” real or otherwise, some lists of “scientist” numbering into the tens of thousands that have been produced the vast majority of which do not deserve any respect with regard to the opinions to which they have affixed their signature’s to. These lists are someone’s attempt to support their opinions with appeal to authority and appeal to popularity, a classic combinational fallacious ruse, typically used in an attempt to support that which is poorly or unsupported by factual and repeatable data.

Maybe you could explain to the readers here how you felt Dr. David Douglas working in solid state physics should be on “your” list and maybe some links to his work in the area of climate change? You know, just to support his inclusion in “your” list of climate change denialist. I don’t know about the rest here but I sure would like some insight into that thought process.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ET2278
posted Hide Post
Scientists in this section have made comments that it is not possible to project global climate accurately enough to justify the ranges projected for temperature and sea-level rise over the next century. They may not conclude specifically that the current IPCC projections are either too high or too low, but that the projections are likely to be inaccurate due to inadequacies of current global climate modeling.

Freeman Dyson, professor emeritus of the School of Natural Sciences, Institute for Advanced Study; Fellow of the Royal Society [9]
Richard Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan professor of atmospheric science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and member of the National Academy of Sciences[10]
Nils-Axel Mörner, retired head of the Paleogeophysics and Geodynamics department at Stockholm University, former chairman of the INQUA Commission on Sea Level Changes and Coastal Evolution (1999–2003), and author of books supporting the validity of dowsing[11]
Garth Paltridge, retired chief research scientist, CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research and retired director of the Institute of the Antarctic Cooperative Research Centre, visiting fellow ANU[12]
Philip Stott, professor emeritus of biogeography at the University of London[13]
Hendrik Tennekes, retired director of research, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute [14]

Scientists arguing that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes
Graph showing the ability with which a global climate model is able to reconstruct the historical temperature record, and the degree to which those temperature changes can be decomposed into various forcing factors. It shows the effects of five forcing factors: greenhouse gases, man-made sulfate emissions, solar variability, ozone changes, and volcanic emissions.[15]

Scientists in this section have made comments that the observed warming is more likely attributable to natural causes than to human activities. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov, mathematician and astronomer at Pulkovo Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences[16]
Sallie Baliunas, astronomer, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[17][18]
Ian Clark, hydrogeologist, professor, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[19]
Chris de Freitas, associate professor, School of Geography, Geology and Environmental Science, University of Auckland[20]
David Douglass, solid-state physicist, professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester[21]
Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology, Western Washington University[22]
William M. Gray, professor emeritus and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University[23]
William Happer, physicist specializing in optics and spectroscopy, Princeton University[24]
William Kininmonth, meteorologist, former Australian delegate to World Meteorological Organization Commission for Climatology[25]
David Legates, associate professor of geography and director of the Center for Climatic Research, University of Delaware[26]
Tad Murty, oceanographer; adjunct professor, Departments of Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[27]
Tim Patterson, paleoclimatologist and professor of geology at Carleton University in Canada.[28][29]
Ian Plimer, professor emeritus of Mining Geology, the University of Adelaide.[30]
Nicola Scafetta, research scientist in the physics department at Duke University[31][32]
Tom Segalstad, head of the Geology Museum at the University of Oslo[33]
Fred Singer, professor emeritus of environmental sciences at the University of Virginia[34][35][36]
Willie Soon, astrophysicist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[37]
Roy Spencer, principal research scientist, University of Alabama in Huntsville[38]
Henrik Svensmark, Danish National Space Center[39]
Jan Veizer, environmental geochemist, professor emeritus from University of Ottawa[40]

Scientists arguing that the cause of global warming is unknown

Scientists in this section have made comments that no principal cause can be ascribed to the observed rising temperatures, whether man-made or natural. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Syun-Ichi Akasofu, retired professor of geophysics and founding director of the International Arctic Research Center of the University of Alaska Fairbanks[41]
Claude Allègre, politician; geochemist, Institute of Geophysics (Paris)[42]
Robert C. Balling, Jr., a professor of geography at Arizona State University[43]
John Christy, professor of atmospheric science and director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, contributor to several IPCC[44][45]
Petr Chylek, space and remote sensing sciences researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory[46]
Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology[47]
David Deming, geology professor at the University of Oklahoma[48]
Antonino Zichichi, emeritus professor of nuclear physics at the University of Bologna and president of the World Federation of Scientists[49]

Scientists arguing that global warming will have few negative consequences

Scientists in this section have made comments that projected rising temperatures will be of little impact or a net positive for human society and/or the Earth's environment. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Craig D. Idso, faculty researcher, Office of Climatology, Arizona State University and founder of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change [50]
Sherwood Idso, former research physicist, USDA Water Conservation Laboratory, and adjunct professor, Arizona State University[51]
Patrick Michaels, senior fellow at the Cato Institute and retired research professor of environmental science at the University of Virginia[52]

Jim McKelvey

Posts: 681 | Location: Snellville, GA USA | Registered: January 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ET2278:
Scientists in this section have made comments that it is not possible to project global climate accurately enough to justify the ranges projected for temperature and sea-level rise over the next century. They may not conclude specifically that the current IPCC projections are either too high or too low, but that the projections are likely to be inaccurate due to inadequacies of current global climate modeling.

Freeman Dyson, professor emeritus of the School of Natural Sciences, Institute for Advanced Study; Fellow of the Royal Society [9]
Richard Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan professor of atmospheric science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and member of the National Academy of Sciences[10]
Nils-Axel Mörner, retired head of the Paleogeophysics and Geodynamics department at Stockholm University, former chairman of the INQUA Commission on Sea Level Changes and Coastal Evolution (1999–2003), and author of books supporting the validity of dowsing[11]
Garth Paltridge, retired chief research scientist, CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research and retired director of the Institute of the Antarctic Cooperative Research Centre, visiting fellow ANU[12]
Philip Stott, professor emeritus of biogeography at the University of London[13]
Hendrik Tennekes, retired director of research, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute [14]

Scientists arguing that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes
Graph showing the ability with which a global climate model is able to reconstruct the historical temperature record, and the degree to which those temperature changes can be decomposed into various forcing factors. It shows the effects of five forcing factors: greenhouse gases, man-made sulfate emissions, solar variability, ozone changes, and volcanic emissions.[15]

Scientists in this section have made comments that the observed warming is more likely attributable to natural causes than to human activities. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov, mathematician and astronomer at Pulkovo Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences[16]
Sallie Baliunas, astronomer, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[17][18]
Ian Clark, hydrogeologist, professor, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[19]
Chris de Freitas, associate professor, School of Geography, Geology and Environmental Science, University of Auckland[20]
David Douglass, solid-state physicist, professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester[21]
Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology, Western Washington University[22]
William M. Gray, professor emeritus and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University[23]
William Happer, physicist specializing in optics and spectroscopy, Princeton University[24]
William Kininmonth, meteorologist, former Australian delegate to World Meteorological Organization Commission for Climatology[25]
David Legates, associate professor of geography and director of the Center for Climatic Research, University of Delaware[26]
Tad Murty, oceanographer; adjunct professor, Departments of Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[27]
Tim Patterson, paleoclimatologist and professor of geology at Carleton University in Canada.[28][29]
Ian Plimer, professor emeritus of Mining Geology, the University of Adelaide.[30]
Nicola Scafetta, research scientist in the physics department at Duke University[31][32]
Tom Segalstad, head of the Geology Museum at the University of Oslo[33]
Fred Singer, professor emeritus of environmental sciences at the University of Virginia[34][35][36]
Willie Soon, astrophysicist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[37]
Roy Spencer, principal research scientist, University of Alabama in Huntsville[38]
Henrik Svensmark, Danish National Space Center[39]
Jan Veizer, environmental geochemist, professor emeritus from University of Ottawa[40]

Scientists arguing that the cause of global warming is unknown

Scientists in this section have made comments that no principal cause can be ascribed to the observed rising temperatures, whether man-made or natural. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Syun-Ichi Akasofu, retired professor of geophysics and founding director of the International Arctic Research Center of the University of Alaska Fairbanks[41]
Claude Allègre, politician; geochemist, Institute of Geophysics (Paris)[42]
Robert C. Balling, Jr., a professor of geography at Arizona State University[43]
John Christy, professor of atmospheric science and director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, contributor to several IPCC[44][45]
Petr Chylek, space and remote sensing sciences researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory[46]
Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology[47]
David Deming, geology professor at the University of Oklahoma[48]
Antonino Zichichi, emeritus professor of nuclear physics at the University of Bologna and president of the World Federation of Scientists[49]

Scientists arguing that global warming will have few negative consequences

Scientists in this section have made comments that projected rising temperatures will be of little impact or a net positive for human society and/or the Earth's environment. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Craig D. Idso, faculty researcher, Office of Climatology, Arizona State University and founder of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change [50]
Sherwood Idso, former research physicist, USDA Water Conservation Laboratory, and adjunct professor, Arizona State University[51]
Patrick Michaels, senior fellow at the Cato Institute and retired research professor of environmental science at the University of Virginia[52]

So Jim, what is your point?

Did you miss my response in a recent post to BS Billy? His very first pick is among the list you have reposed, again, and like BS Billy, sans an attribution to where you cut and pasted it from, which is Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...nt_of_global_warming

This is a little graphic from the place where your C&P came from, it shows the ratio of "scientist" that support vs. oppose anthropomorphic climate change. Generally a graphic like this points out that there is a consensus on a given subject or theory.

"Why yes there are a number of lists of “scientist” real or otherwise, some lists of “scientist” numbering into the tens of thousands that have been produced the vast majority of which do not deserve any respect with regard to the opinions to which they have affixed their signature’s to. These lists are someone’s attempt to support their opinions with appeal to authority and appeal to popularity, a classic combinational fallacious ruse, typically used in an attempt to support that which is poorly or unsupported by factual and repeatable data."

Jim, you know there are people out there that believe the earth is flat and that the earth is the center of the solar system (geocentricism), and it was all created by some all-powerful, all knowing, all caring, sky fairy, using fairy magic. So I can see where you might side with the minority opinion that climate change isn't a reality. You know there is I am pretty sure one or two "scientist" on the list of denialist that have signed a religious manifest that basically states, don't worry be happy, the great sky fairy will take care of everything.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
JIm, they obamer/gore lovers believe anything that comes out of their mouths. On the internet, must be true unless their leader says different.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The man-made global warming hoaxers entire house of cards collapses the micro second they utter "CONSENSUS!"
There is no "CONSENSUS" solution to scientific matters! FACTS! FACTS! FACTS! All they have is "consensus" among a bunch of boobs bleeding government agencies of tax payer money!!!!!
The hoaxers problem now is their beloved "consensus" fairy tale fables are coming apart at the seams on a daily basis!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe you could explain to the readers here how you felt Dr. David Douglas working in solid state physics should be on “your” list and maybe some links to his work in the area of climate change? You know, just to support his inclusion in “your” list of climate change denialist. I don’t know about the rest here but I sure would like some insight into that thought process.

Later Larry

Come on old man and in your own words and not C&P from wiki..........

Show us some insight. We will allow you more than 3 minutes if you can stay awake that long.
Rolling

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I feel for you Bill.

It must be very hard for you; living in a world you seem constitutionally incapable of understanding. Maybe you should consider seeking professional help with all these delusions of conspiracies involving worldwide scientific communities you seem to be laboring under and have so much faith in, pathologically so.

You really need to talk to someone.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BK, listen, The hoaxmasters have spoken.

L8R, Mike

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
quote:

Later Larry

Come on old man and in your own words and not C&P from wiki..........

Show us some insight. We will allow you more than 3 minutes if you can stay awake that long.
Rolling

Still waiting........

Maybe english would like to jump in and answer for you.

Rolling Rolling

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BK, he came up for air

L8R, Mike

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The hoaxer devotees are all agog when it's 1/2 degree warmer then normal!!!!!
Let's see what their reaction is to this spring being the second coldest in the history of weather records?????

Well the verdict is now in! We may be facing 200 to 250 years of global cooling!
If the man-made global warming hoaxers have any integrity at all they should begin telling everybody to do more of what they've been badgering them not to do?????
BUT, their remedy for global cooling will be the exact same economy killing idiotic bull-shyt it has been for man-made global warming?????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hoaxer devotees are all agog when it's 1/2 degree warmer then normal!!!!!
Let's see what their reaction is to this spring being the second coldest in the history of weather records?????

Well the verdict is now in! We may be facing 200 to 250 years of global cooling!
If the man-made global warming hoaxers have any integrity at all they should begin telling everybody to do more of what they've been badgering them not to do?????
BUT, their remedy for global cooling will be the exact same economy killing idiotic bull-shyt it has been for man-made global warming?????

Bill you really are a simpleton.

Science has known of the possibility of something like the Maunder Minimum for years, it’s called a Grand Minimum among other things. So you believe one of your favored tabloids, but not the guys who were talking about this half a decade ago and more, is that it Billy?
Here are a few papers you might like to read over to get a bit of background on Grand Minimum and solar activity.

http://www.pik-potsdam.de/~ste...r_rahmstorf_2010.pdf

http://cc.oulu.fi/~usoskin/per.../Usoskin_SP_2009.pdf

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1009.2479.pdf

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0706.0385.pdf

http://www.leif.org/EOS/Grand%20Maxima%20Persist.pdf

http://www.odlt.org/dcd/docs/j..._Maunder_Minimum.pdf

http://mnras.oxfordjournals.or...t/371/2/772.full.pdf

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0908.0496.pdf

These last three are likely from the Russian scientist (YA Nagovitsyn) that is likely the source of your tabloid hyperbole. I doubt he said what is being attributed to him by the tabloids.
http://www.gao.spb.ru/english/...nag/nagyu/sph02b.pdf

http://www.gao.spb.ru/english/.../nag/nagyu/gaa01.pdf

http://www.gao.spb.ru/english/.../nag/nagyu/AsL01.pdf

But to the point,

“According to these results, a 21st-century Maunder Minimum would only slightly diminish future warming. Moreover, it would be only a temporary effect since all known grand solar minima have only lasted for a few decades. Critics of this result might argue that the solar forcing in these experiments is only based on the estimated change in total irradiance, which might be an underestimate, or that does not include potential indirect amplifying effects (via an ozone response to UV changes, or galactic cosmic rays affecting clouds). However, our model reproduces the historic Maunder minimum with these estimates of solar irradiance. Furthermore, even if one multiplied the solar effects by a huge factor of 5 (which is unrealistic), no absolute cooling would take place (the temperatures would be temporarily cooler than the base scenario, but the trends would still be warming).”

http://www.realclimate.org/ind...a-new-grand-minimum/

Figure 4: Rise of global temperature (relative to 1961-1990) until the year 2100 for two different emission scenarios (A1B, red, and A2, magenta). The dashed lines show the slightly reduced warming in case a Maunder-like solar minimum should occur during the 21st century.

Source: http://www.pik-potsdam.de/

Second coldest (start to) spring, BFD. It’s nothing out of the ordinary. It’s called weather, last year the spring start (March/April) was the second warmest, again BFD.

Source data: ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/daily/hcn/

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
BK, listen, The hoaxmasters have spoken

Hoaxmaster, love that one! Good ole Hot Air Larry.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holden Mugroin:
quote:
BK, listen, The hoaxmasters have spoken

Hoaxmaster, love that one! Good ole Hot Air Larry.

You know “Holden” if you stopped holding the little head between your legs and started using the big head on your shoulders, maybe, just maybe, you would have at least the remote chance of getting a clue.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!