DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What do you propose we do about our dreadful situation?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
1. move out of the cities and go back to the caves . 2. let natural selection thin out the human population of bed wetters . 3. the strong will survive . hug

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I lost count at 71 tornadoes yesterday alone, over 20 deaths. I think we should keep poisoning the earth, it really seems to like it. Prayers for all that that lost loved ones and homes. Prayers for those who think we can screw up the planet without paying for it.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prayers for those who think we can screw up the planet without paying for it.

Is one to assume you're associating the phenomenon of tornadoes with global warming and ocean pH? If so you have a bottomless pit of "what-if's". I'm pretty sure tornadoes were around before Al Gore initiated his political based hoax. Did you not watch the George Carlin (a liberal in general) vid posted by Trans Lady?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Beacon Power sale to private-equity firm approved; U.S. loans to be repaid

Government regulators on Friday approved the sale of Beacon Power, a bankrupt energy-storage company, to a private-equity firm that will repay most of its Energy Department loans.

The company’s revenues depend on government regulation, and a recent Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ruling will double or triple the amount paid to companies like Beacon ,Baldiga said. The FERC gave the sale final approval Friday.

Rockland will acquire Beacon’s access to a $25 million Energy Department grant and a $5 million Pennsylvania grant

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Prayers for those who think we can screw up the planet without paying for it.

Is one to assume you're associating the phenomenon of tornadoes with global warming and ocean pH? If so you have a bottomless pit of "what-if's". I'm pretty sure tornadoes were around before Al Gore initiated his political based hoax. Did you not watch the George Carlin (a liberal in general) vid posted by Trans Lady?

So, were the dinosours also responsible for their own demise? I agree with CV on this. The earth would march right on if we weren't here, and would change climates and things would move around and there would be bad weather, just like it does now.

Oh, and I like CV's signature as well.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
just think we didn,t have tornadoes before the industrial revolution . better run hide chicken little there running race cars in south ga. and it might cause a hurricane to hit fla. Rolling
The Storm Prediction Center received 311 reports of severe weather Friday, including 48 reported tornadoes and a few reported fatalities
Busted now we now why d57 lost count at 71 tornadoes . point of intrest , the top 8 deadliest tornadoes occurred before 1948 in the usa , several were in the 1800,s .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 67TSCHEVY2,

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
What do you propose we do about our dreadful situation?

Well, a more coherent US energy policy moving toward an economy not based on fossil fuels. Basically I hold the position we need a move toward a hydrogen economy. As well as a bottom up energy policy instead of the top down model we currently have. Frankly I believe we are in the beginnings of a third industrial revolution. We are at or near peak oil production; some say past peak oil production, give or take some. If we wish to continue our current level of energy affluence at somewhere even close to the current relatively low cost, then some other source of energy is a requirement. If we continue to try and base our economy and the world economy on oil, it only gets worse for everyone from here on out.

Unfortunately many massive world stage corporate entities have only one consideration in mind, making profits for the corporation, be damned the consequences. Given the fact that US government on either side of the isle is currently broken and biased towards these corporate entities it's difficult no matter who is in the leadership position to achieve the goals that are obviously needed.

If we can move to an economy based largely and primarily on hydrogen/electric/renewable the issue of CO2 and warming becomes moot. The point is the change from an oil based corporate controlled world economy to something else, will happen, how quickly this happens will determine the consequences good or bad for the US the World and environment. Oil is simply not a sustainable option, hydrogen/electric/renewable is.

I'd like to see a smart distributed energy grid. Energy would be generated primarily at the point of use. For example solar panels can break water into hydrogen and oxygen which can be used to produced electricity, excess energy stored in millions of homes could be tapped as needed and routed back into the smart grid run by the current centralized energy producers and routed to places where the energy is need. From what I have read we are currently pretty close to the break even point in this type scenario, even with less than optimum technology currently available, never mind the cost savings of the economy of scale via the mass production of these technologies.

Want a good book to read on the subject try either, "The Third Industrial Revolution" or "The hydrogen Economy" both by Jeremy Rifkin.

P.S. "The arrogance of being thick as a brick"

I seem to remember that someone in this thread was using the word arrogance a while back. Here is a little clip that provides a different perspective on arrogance, much more eloquently than I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...EWw0&feature=related

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

So if I am wrong and we are not significantly altering the ability of the planet to regenerate what exactly is the harm of limiting our impact on the environment?? a couple of bucks?? If i am right and we damage the ability of the planet to regenerate what is your plan??? Is it I'll be dead so who cares?? It kind of sounds like that is the argument. If we trash the planet it won't be out problem. I love carlin but I don't view him as an environmental expert.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is no harm in limiting our impact on the environment. Indeed it is our responsibility. But we have to be realistic in what we can and can't control. A couple of bucks? A nation that is 16T in debt and racking up an additional 1T per year doesn't have a couple of bucks; period. We don't need the extremes of a chicken little nor do we need the extremes of a false prophet. JMO I could be wrong.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
At the rate the government is racking up debt the entire system of government in the nation will collapse and we'll be just another nation on the order of the sub-saharan nations in Africa in anther 15-20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
There is no harm in limiting our impact on the environment. Indeed it is our responsibility. But we have to be realistic in what we can and can't control. A couple of bucks? A nation that is 16T in debt and racking up an additional 1T per year doesn't have a couple of bucks; period. We don't need the extremes of a chicken little nor do we need the extremes of a false prophet. JMO I could be wrong.

Agreed. We cannot throw the kitchen sink at this issue, as we cannot afford it. But we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand as it were either. I have never said we shouldn't invest anything into researching the possibilities that alternative fuels could give us. It is a dangerous thing to base most of our energy needs on a couple of sources, and diversiving is a smart thing to do. But I will not hang my hat on the global warming thing as the major reason why to do these things.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
To CV and Bucky
Thank you for showing some common sense on this highly partisan discussion. Now we have to actually figure out what to do instead of saying its cold in florida or scientists are making stuff up.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Can the shale gas boom save Ohio?

The help-wanted sign is out in Canton, Ohio, for Chesapeake Energy.

The company that has led the charge in shale gas drilling is looking for truck drivers with licenses for hazardous materials, a purchasing coordinator for oil field equipment, a pipeline technician, a field safety coordinator, administrative assistants, troubleshooting electricians, a tax analyst and more.

But shale drilling has also presented Ohioans with a dilemma. Chesapeake Energy is using the controversial combination of hydraulic fracturing and improved horizontal drilling methods to unlock vast quantities of natural gas, gas liquids and crude oil, driving down gas prices to 10-year lows. That has raised hopes for a revival of industrial and power plant uses of the gas.

“They want the jobs, but they’re very risk-averse,”

Coal Seam Gas FRACKING my water

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Well! There ya go. Man-made global warming.

http://news.discovery.com/eart...nd-farms-120429.html

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5735 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BD:
More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott
"uva uvam viveno varia fit"

EPA official who compared enforcement to crucifixion resigns

A senior Environmental Protection Agency official resigned Sunday in an effort to end the furor over his remarks two years ago that the EPA should make examples of polluters the way Romans crucified people to quash rebellions.

Pontius Pilate resigns

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
The earth IS coming to an end... MSNBC actually reported NEWS Eyes

http://youtu.be/UQMtlah4Iec

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5735 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It appears that Arctic Sea Ice extent is on pace to be the smallest since records have been kept. Even less than the historic low of 2007. What could be causing this, I know it's the sea ice fairy, yeah right that's it, it's the sea ice fairy. Not that the roughly 4000 cubic miles of CO2 humans inject into the atmosphere every year has anything to do with it, naa it's the sea ice fairy.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
quote:
humans inject

solution : kill all humans Rolling

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How does this compare not just to the last 100 years, but the entire history of the earth?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo