Tools

Todays News
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
That's the beauty of federal programs!
There is virtually zero useful training going on anywhere BUT we the tax payers are paying billions of dollars for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are thousands of these "training" places set up to gobble up the federal grants. They "help" some gullible dupe get the federal grant knowing the person doesn't have the gumption to complete the training and the government will make very little effort to collect from the "student" after they drop out!
Numerous truck driving schools and heating and AC schools survive like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem with the truck driver training BK is, it's for jobs with Swift, England, JB Hunt and the like. You see you pay for training besides what the companys get from the Gov't programs, Thus the companys make a "boat load" on the deal and don't give a shyte whether you go on to work for them. If you do work for them, they sucker into lease purchase a tractor from them. The payments are high and the freight rates are low. So about 3 months or so, you throw in the towel and then the find another sucker to sell that same tractor too!

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
My nephew got suckered into the deal and was supposed to have a job with Swift when he got his CDL. They had his records from the git-go and lo and behold when he was ready to go to work they "surprisingly" discovered an "open intoxicant", as a passenger, not driving, violation from when he was 17. This disqualified him?
He's back east now and has worked his way up from a part-time local driver to a full time interstate furniture moving job.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Hope for the duped boob IMBECILES and maybe even the duped boob RETARDS!
RUSH is on the Greta show for the full hour on Fox News tonight, 9:00 EST I think!
This is your opportunity to get your mind right, DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Hope for the duped boob IMBECILES and maybe even the duped boob RETARDS!
RUSH is on the Greta show for the full hour on Fox News tonight, 9:00 EST I think!
This is your opportunity to get your mind right, DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILL!!!

Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling

LMAO

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3338 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
What a treat and a change of pace!
Walter E. Williams is sitting in for RUSH today and later in the show he is having Thomas Sowell as a guest!
Of course the non-racist duped boobs would be loathe to listen to two of the most knowledgeable economists in the world!
Because they are BLACK??????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Afghanistan signs first oil deal

The deal, with an initial investment from CNPC of around $400 million, is expected to eventually generate $7 billion in revenues for the war torn nation.

with China

China raises the ante on trade with new tariffs

IT HAS BEEN 10 years since China joined the World Trade Organization. U.S. policymakers of both parties favored Chinese membership in the organization, which promotes global trade and resolves disputes. Not only would this facilitate trade, they argued, it would also help bring China into the framework of international law and thus encourage the rise of a People’s Republic that acted with the greatest possible consideration for the needs and interests of the United States and other nations.

How’s that working out?

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grandma / Gpa,

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NEW YORK - For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is - wait for it - fuel.

Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990.

Posts: 700 | Location: Jonesboro, GA | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The United States tax payer really got a bargain from planned parenthood in '11.
For a measly $500,000,000.00 planned parenthood murdered 329,445 babies. Folks that's doing hits for just a little over $1500.00 each!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dan Lee Watson
posted Hide Post
oh poor mr bill got it wrong again!

but good news bill! looks like the total number is down!

and since planned parenthood doesnt use one penny of taxpayers money for abortions what is your point?

abortions represent 3 percent of the total services provided by planned parenthood.

must be really busy helping women with the 97 percent huh!

Posts: 321 | Location: Fairfax,Va | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Navy’s worst-case cost overrun tops $1 billion for aircraft carrier Gerald Ford

The U.S. Navy has estimated a worst-case cost overrun of as much as $1.1 billion for the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford, the service’s most expensive warship.

The carrier is being built by Huntington Ingalls Industries under a cost-plus, incentive-fee contract in which the Navy pays for most of the overruns. Even so, the service’s efforts to control expenses may put the company’s $579.2 million profit at risk, according to the Navy.

final price tag will be about $12.9 billion

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grandma:
Navy’s worst-case cost overrun tops $1 billion for aircraft carrier Gerald Ford

The U.S. Navy has estimated a worst-case cost overrun of as much as $1.1 billion for the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford, the service’s most expensive warship.

The carrier is being built by Huntington Ingalls Industries under a cost-plus, incentive-fee contract in which the Navy pays for most of the overruns. Even so, the service’s efforts to control expenses may put the company’s $579.2 million profit at risk, according to the Navy.

final price tag will be about $12.9 billion

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

As Maxwell Smart would say "Missed it by that much."

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Don't worry. The U.S. can cut out plenty of social programs to make up the difference. Phock, why worry about little poor kids anyhow?

We NEED more war shiot!

One thing about it. We won't have to read about Koski and Covey complaining about wasting money on a ship or airplane.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
todays navy a global force for good!
arrr 15 pirates on the johnny reb and a bottle of rum!

http://content.usatoday.com/co...ilors-from-pirates/1

Posts: 321 | Location: Fairfax,Va | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daytonchoppers:
todays navy a global force for good!
arrr 15 pirates on the johnny reb and a bottle of rum!

http://content.usatoday.com/co...ilors-from-pirates/1

U.S. Navy Rescues 13 Iranian Fishermen Held by Pirates

The U.S. Navy announced Friday it had rescued 13 Iranian fishermen being held by Somali pirates in the Arabian Sea, despite rising tensions between the U.S. and Iran.

An SH-60S Seahawk from the guided-missile destroyer USS Kidd detected the pirates while a simultaneous distress call was received from the Al Molai fishing vessel.

Video Clip

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Michelle Obama (UPDATE)

The White House had a cold reaction to the book, calling it an "over-dramatization of old news" and emphasizing that the first couple did not speak to the author, who last interviewed them for a magazine piece in 2009.

Michelle Obama and the Evolution of a First Lady

Book depicts tensions between first lady, aides

'The Obamas': Book Reveals Friction Between Rahm Emanuel, Michelle Obama (UPDATE)

White House threw secret 'Alice in Wonderland' bash during recession

Obamas held a secret Alice in Wonderland-themed party at White House in depths of recession in 2009

White House threw secret 'Alice in Wonderland' bash during recession

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In case you missed it on fox news...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/...i-pardons/index.html

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

US, Iranian ships involved in incidents in Strait of Hormuz

Iranian ships recently taunted two U.S. Navy vessels as part of escalating tensions in and around the Persian Gulf's Strait of Hormuz

U.S. harassed by Iranian boats

U.S. harassed by Iranian boats

The incidents occurred January 6

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

US inches closer to peace talks with Taliban

The United States could inch closer next week toward peace talks with the Taliban if Afghan President Hamid Karzai blesses the negotiations, senior administration officials said Thursday.

Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Marc Grossman, who has been meeting secretly with Taliban negotiators for more than a year, will head to Kabul next week to work out the details of future talks

"We don't have any idea standing here today what the outcome of such discussions could be,"

U.S. general warns troops to treat dead with 'dignity and respect'

(CNN) -- The deputy commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan ordered troops Friday to treat the corpses of slain insurgents and civilians with "appropriate dignity and respect."

A Taliban spokesman called the video "barbaric."

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair