DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Thats Aquadic Technician!

This is a solo act. I don't do tag team partners. Find your own waterboy!!!

Posts: 13 | Location: halfway | Registered: August 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
I want to thank everyone who donated. Team Buffdaddy and Team QCMP raised $2,028 as of Friday night (not counting any donations made on our bahalf's yesterday morning at the Walk itself). We thank you so much for your support. See you this weekend (I'll probably be in the tower announcing both days, but will be wherever I am needed).

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AFTER MY QUICK 16 MEETING WITH PERSONAL AT THE QUAKE I TOOK A GOOD LOOK AT THE NEW TRACK SURFACE.WHOEVER THEY HAD DO THE CONCRETE WORK NEEDS TO BE COMENDED.THAT TRACK IS SO TRUE AND LEVEL THAT WHILE IT WAS RAINING I COULD NOT SEE A PUDDLE OR LOW SPOT IN EITHER LANE FOR THE WHOLE 330 FT.IT'S SUPER SMOOTH AND THEY EVEN TOOK SOME OF THE CROWN OFF THE HILL SO THE LONGER DRAGSTERS WON'T HIT BOTTOM.JUST ANOTHER IMPROVEMENT NORM AND HIS GANG ARE DOING TO MAKE OUR TRACK THE BEST.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice update on track. Now where the hell is the Q-16 info???

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
sorry for the delay.sponsership money's are rolling in and was told a flyer and posting was in the making this weekend.waiting on return calls and trying to retain proper names and company spelling's so that all help can be posted on the web site. I can tell you that it is a pretty nice chunk of change coming in per race. please be patient.Believe me,you won't be disapointed. plenty of fast cars and tuff racers have stated that they will show up for the big cash.

Must be some hard sponsorship names to spell out, let's see..

S_O_M_E_T...no wait, S U M I T....damn it, S U M M I T....ok, now sponsor two....LOL...

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
all this for the same ole crowd!thank you! Double Thumbs up

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i'll bet we get alot of new faces.road work as usual getting to that other track.heck you got an extra hour and a half plus a 3.00 oclock start (YUCK)you guys don't have a clue what's happening this year at the quake.just take a drive up and your jaw will hit the ground.Put those other tracks out of your head.you got the best hands down.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
WATCH THE WEB SITE

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if road work on 165 near track is done, or detour?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
165 was open sunday night when i went to the track.looked like new asfalt on the bridge.i thought they just put that bridge in.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
the updates to the track and pits are great!love to hear this,but i miss some of the people that wont race there because of the PAYOUT!and $$ attracts new racers!been saying this for years!but again this is just my opinion.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So why did payouts go from $900 or $1000 to win 10 years ago with lesser entry to smaller payouts with bigger entry? I don't think it was cuz car counts increased Roll Eyes. Been like this under old and new owner. It dropped off when they took away other things like year end prize run-offs or just lost the meaning of a bracket team and what it meant to the racers who worked to qualify. That part started under the old owner and I don't think the new owner understands as he didn't get to experience the old days when a Team Quaker City sticker meant something on your car.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Quaker's Website states they will be open this weekend as indicated on the schedule. I plan to be there on Sunday if they still plan to be open both days. Can someone that races on Saturday provide an update on the track conditions (whether or not the rubber is holding, etc)? Would be much appreciated.

BTW Bill, I saw a dragster like yours on Racing Junk, are you looking for a boat, again?

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
censoredwho knows!

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Trade ya! I won't even ask you to provide some cash with the deal....LOL....

Seriously, you just need to pull a "Wilkins" and sell that pipe rack, buy a slower full bodied car, run in mod class and listen to Yuk tell stories about how good looking he is.

It puts life in perspective and really makes the whole thing fun again.

If you want, you can drive my junk one weekend and see if you like the whole footbraking thing.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
you guys don't have a clue what's happening this year at the quake.

George

Really the most honest answer anyone has seem to have gotten on the Quick 16 deal. I know you have worked to contact sponsors and obtained money and have tried to put something together. Really glad you are hanging on here and trying to stay positive. I am not sure why we keep hearing about executive sessions but get reports of no action taken. It's like friggen Washington DC over there.

Attended Norwalk on Saturday. Had a few guys ask about your race (they wanted to make sure it was still your race after the post on the General Forum here last week) and there was no answers to give them. How long can you put people off asking them to look at the website before they fill the open weekends they are hoping you have this race on? I have tried to stay positive and let people know you are working on it but given it's been several weeks now with no new info, the glass is starting to look half empty from the outside looking in.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Shawn.i know everyone's getting frustrated, my self included.I was up to the track and talked with AJ and kenny and we settled on the race dates,payouts entries.It just has to pass threw the big guy.i'am sure he has his hands full getting that new track surface prepped for this weekend.i will call and pester them to post something. After this is completly set ,i'll need all the help i can get to spread the word.I thank everyone for being so understanding.it's been a real dog fight to get this far.To many people want this so i quit now.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
George,

If this is something you want to make happen, keep up the good work. It is hard to get something started especially when you are depending on others for support, services, or information. I know there are several folks that would like to see this happen. You can only do what you can do. Unfortunately, the information is not getting out very fast and guys will be committing to other races as the season is upon us. Hopefully, if these races are not well supported, everyone involved will understand that the fault lies primarily in the fact that the information was not provided early enough. One thing that seems to be consistent is that information does not flow to the racers very quickly and for the regulars, that is probably fine. But for the outside racers that the event wants to attract, well the information needs to be out fast enough to allow those racers to schedule vacation days or decide between a couple different events. The special races that I attend each year are always communicated before the first day of spring and I pretty much have my racing schedule set by February or March at the latest. Good luck.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
To many people want this so i quit now.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!Eyes Eyes Eyes Banging Head No No

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Spot on Jimmy Culp!!

And I have to agree with the Apple Pie Guy, you thrown in the towel George after all the leg work you did for this then it reality is the events probably won't take place.

Everyone is still trying to think positive but there is no information being thrown out to keep the positive energy going. How about a break down on what's transpired since the driver's meetings. How about dropping some sponsor names, potential payouts, race structures, run orders, etc.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post