DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Just 11 days away from the 4th Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout! We welcome 3 more sponsors:

Cadamore Racing - John Cadamore is putting up $50.00 as a bounty for the first PERFECT LIGHT during eliminations

ASAP Performance, Allison Park, PA - http://asapbyed.com/ - 412-492-7454, donating $50 to the big race purse.

Mo-Power Events - http://www.mo-powernow.com/ - is donating a race entry to their Norwalk, OH event September 16-18, 2011.

We cannot thank all of sponsors and participants enough for their support! You all are what make this race such a good time! We hope to see you on the 29th! Please email us at steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com if you will be attending.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck how can you be getting so excited about the practice tree race? We still got Steeler football on sunday. Wink

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Clint, I split my energies between the 2! This way, I can build up for the Steeler game and go crazy on Sunday. Big Grin

Markie, you have a PM!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
anyone else having difficulties getting a hold of Pam or someone at the track to order Banquet tickets? I have tried a few times today and no response. Thanks

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by DADDYWAGS:
QUESTION, THE STAGE POINT DO YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE BEAM TO GET THE POINT OR JUST SET THE TOO LIGHTS.

I would think, once you stage the car you bought the race. The pass is for a "missed" points day. Or if you would break in time trials you would probably be able to use it but once you stage 1st round you raced.

what I'm asking is. 1st rnd you get a point to stage and a point if you win. ok say you have a problem and you know you cant make a full pass,you stage the car do you get the point or do you have to break the beam under power to get the point. ????? that is what I'm Asking

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I did but she called me back late this morning,she said shes swam,ped with the tickets and getting ready for wow

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I believe you only have to stage the car to get a round win if the other racer fouls out or you have a buy run. I don't believe you have to break the beam to get a win light, just stage under your own power.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
that's what i thought.but a few years back there was a jr that was broke he staged the car at the green the kid shut the car off never breaking the beam and they told him no point the car needs to break the beam under it's own power. I wonder if there is a rule on that. help

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Clint, I split my energies between the 2! This way, I can build up for the Steeler game and go crazy on Sunday. Big Grin

Markie, you have a PM!

Chuck, I think you are just an Excitable Kind of Guy!! Eek

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I believe you only have to stage the car to get a round win if the other racer fouls out or you have a buy run. I don't believe you have to break the beam to get a win light, just stage under your own power.

I agree with Green1. I think once the car is staged under its own power the car and driver participated in that race. This would probably be determined by the track though.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
I believe all you have to do is stage to get the one point. If the other lane fouls or crosses the center line, then you have to break the beam to get the win.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thriller if the other lane fouls such as a red light or breakout and your car is still sitting in the beams then obviously you are not going to red light and would have to pretty dumb if you did decide to run down the track after he broke out and run under your dial so I don't believe they require you to pull out of the beams unless the other car broke in the beams also. Another thing to is if the other racer left and crossed the center lane and you were still sitting on the starting line I don't think you would leave hard and drive down the track knowing he just gave it to you so again I think the only time someone would be reqired to drive through the beams is a bye run or if both cars broke then whoever could break the beams I would think would be the winner.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
Who said anything about leaving hard and driving down the track. I've been in that situation and if the other person fouls or whatever, if you don't break the beam under power, then the other person will be reinstated. you will still get your one point for staging , even if you don't break the beam.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How does not breaking the beam become a worse foul than crossing the centerline or running under the dail? It is first or worse but PRP may be different. I do know that Lou Grecco had his car quit in the beams at the 5 grand race and the other racer either red lit or ran under don't remember but he got the win and never broke the beams.
And if you don't leave hard and drive down the track then you won't be red and you won't run under so if the other lane fouled you get the win,that is why I stated it that way.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
This is how it was before. You used to have to break the beam to get the win. Now, all you have to do is stage to get the win.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
green1,
Thriller is correct about at PRP you have to "make a racing movement out of the beams to win a race if the other person fouls or runs under". This year at the track my friend Matt Powell raced a guy in the motorcycle class. He went red or ran under and the other guy actually broke/stalled on the line. The bike moved backwards breaking the beam but it was not a racing move, meaning the bike (car if you prefer) has to pull itself out of the beams no matter how fast (at idle or make a hop). Because this gentleman did not make a racing move and I believe actually tipped over and the bike rolled back enough to break the beam he lost the race and my friend was reinstated. I believe it is up to the track as stated in the rule book but at PRP that was what we were told after it happened. I believe we were also told that for a bike we have an advantage because the rider can move the bike forward using his feet and it would still appear to be a racing movement. Hope that helps. And for the record I believe that one you stage you bought the race and have entered. If the other person screws up it should be a win for you no matter what but again that clause "at the track managers discretion" is a fun one.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Just my 2 cents, since I have lost to the invisible man (broke off the line, I broke out). I would think it would go to the rule book. The greater offense loses, and the IHRA rules are, the lower the number, the worse the offense. #7 is foul start on dual competition run. #8 is breakout/running under your dial in on dual competition run. #9 is not crossing the finish line on a dual competition run. Pages 122-123 of the rule book, which is available for viewing online at IHRA.com, on the Competition page.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
More good stuff for the 4th Annual Practice Tree Shootout!

Thanks to Eric Macchiaroli, for donating a $1000 gift certificate to Steve Schmidt Racing Engines - http://www.steveschmidtracing.com

Thanks to Rodeheaver's Hot Rod & Auto Repair Shop, donating $50 to the big race purse. Check them out at http://www.rodeheavershotrod.com/

10 days away! Party

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jordan he very well could be right but I know what happened last year with Lou,was standing behind the car when it happened, and also have seen how other tracks do it and PRP would be completely different than everybody else if he is right.Also rules state that in order for a vehicle to attain a round win the vehicles final staging motion shall be in the forward direction and using the vehicles applied power,so how does a motorcycle racer get away with using their feet to stage?. It doesn't say the vehicle must leave the beams but not crossing the finish line is on the bottom of the list of fouls so any other foul would be worse. Again it would be up to PRP on how this is enforced and if I was worried then I would e-mail them and carry a copy of their responce with me to the track.

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
green1 I understand what you are saying and again I agree with what you say as well. I am just giving you the account of what I witnessed take place last year. It was a decision that was made at that time by the track director and may not be the correct result.
As for the moving the bike with the feet to stage I am not sure how they could enforce that because staging with the bikes power from my account is inaccurate and impossible with certain setups.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

FOREVER 53