DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Get it Ed!

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
If you want to Bracket Race the COPO, stick with a non-superchared version. That 427 is a cool engine! But, if you want to Class Race it, do your homework. That 427 puked on Cagnazi and Mattias. Spending $2k on rings is not in my budget........

The water cooler that is used on the super charged version is a lot of money and not something I would want to do between rounds Bracket Racing.

Congrats though getting picked!

Wonder if Lou will buy his.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, tell me more.

Lou passed on the COPO.

97,000+ views, on our way to 98,000 about "just another white trailer"

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Get you a length of chain bout 20’ and bolt it to the oval port heads and toss them overboard.

"9.40s in Vegas in the middle of summer, we thought seriously about making a trip to Atco"

Get off the Atco fixation. It's not like the guys racing around here are waiting for you to show them how to run. We have some of the best and fastest racers in the country here.

30.43 baro in Atco today. Who said they were

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
go stick your head back up your a s s, you're CLUELESS and a liar! No one with a clue would do business with you.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
go stick your head back up your a s s, you're CLUELESS and a liar! No one with a clue would do business with you.
temperature = 20 deg f
relative humidity = 44%%
uncorrected barometer* = 30.43 inHg
corrected barometer* = 30.53 inHg
density altitude = -3306.76 ft
View weather forecast

Buy the Copo

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:

Wonder if Lou will buy his.

Nope, after looking at it in 1000 different ways it was even bigger than a dream. Long story short, my arms are too short to reach that far into my pockets.

Good luck Ed. I know you will do your homework and end up getting one. I will be forever jealous!!

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lou, I am doing my homework but still on the fence just shy of 24 hours after getting the email. As I told you in your thread, it cost alot more $ after you buy the car to be competitive as a stocker no mind to compete in the factory show down class which is a $250,000 buy in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ILsMTEDEw

There are also components that I would want to change like the 3rd member, brakes and shifter.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Lou, I am doing my homework but still on the fence just shy of 24 hours after getting the email. As I told you in your thread, it cost alot more $ after you buy the car to be competitive as a stocker no mind to compete in the factory show down class which is a $250,000 buy in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ILsMTEDEw

There are also components that I would want to change like the 3rd member, brakes and shifter.

Speaking of emails, I sent a email over to a friend of mine at the race shop with some links last night. They will make alterations to these cars, which is a good thing because your possible Copo will not end up looking like that firebird or chevelle.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
IF I buy a COPO, once it's in my trailer and I'm $140,000 lighter in the wallet, it will go directly to MPR.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
IF I buy a COPO, once it's in my trailer and I'm $140,000 lighter in the wallet, it will go directly to MPR.
That's good.....because I'd hate to see you put your spin on things, and that Copo end up like that Chevelle was, infact I still have pictures of the underneath of that thing "Chevelle" on my old computer, what a mess!
Question: did Rich help you with that as well?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
of course you still have pictures from 2000 of my former street driven Chevelle that was sold 10 years ago, it's was the holy grail of street/strip Chevelles to the TC crowd from which you came and prey upon.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Mike Pustelny aka MPR, who built my Firebird but more important built the COPO prototype as well the Prototype Ford Cobra and Dodge Drag Pak and who also supplies all the aftermarket parts for every COPO. He may do the same for the Cobra and Drag Pak, I didn't ask. Mike's advice and experience with these cars can not be understated.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you could end up with a 200k version of your Firebird ....... just with different badges.

Take your 200k, add a little to it, and buy yourself 1 share of BRK.A

You can thank me later

Smile

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
now you sound like my son Didn't think of that

26 hours since getting the email and I'm not convinced yet but I'm far more informed.

I will say this, anyone that really wants one of these cars, and enters the lottery yearly will get selected eventually.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
When I'm the voice of reason ...... there is something seriously wrong. Especially about racing expenses.

Big Grin

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
There are 5-6 for sale right now on RJ

Some brand new never raced 2017's with SC engines

Last year at the Etown Lucas race in Sept....

A guy who had one backed it hard into the wall past the finish line where the turnoff cutout is...

Looked like a semi rear ended it....looked totaled to me....

They spent hours cutting it apart so they could get it back in a trailer. Rear bent, wheels bent....suspension all busted up.

The story I heard was it blew a tire.......

Car was Red.....

Barton touches something and it's gong to be faster than it was before......full tilt or just EFI tuning....

Starting line launch is where it's at with those cars...

Can only push it so far depending on track condition.

I've seen all the late model high power drag cars blow the tires off or spin bad enough to blow the run numerous times...

More so than any of the older cars.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich the car you speak about was Charlie Malo's

and he already has a new one with the same graphics but in Blue. He's on my list of those to speak to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jC9bUpQk8

The 2016 - 2018 are the same car built on a Cadilac platform unlike the 2012 - 2015 which was the Camaro platform.

The 2018 has some upgrades and tweaks but mostly the same as the 2 previous years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I did not know what engine was in that car but as can be seen from the pictures, I was not exaggerating about how bad it was.

2 cars were destroyed that day.....A Mopar Stocker had no brakes, flipped, rolled and landed in the net.....

Both guys were lucky not to be hurt.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that car and his new COPO both have the SC 350.

98,000+ views, on our way to 99,000 about "just another white trailer"