DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I heard car count was low but Vinny d won

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
don't know what the count but didn't look "low". Vinny almost doubled up, runnered up in footbrake too.

Rained out today.

Oh and now I know why you needed a ride.

That said...

76,000+ views, on our way to 77,000 about "just another white trailer" Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lol on the ride

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

80,000+ views, on our way to 81,000 about "just another white trailer" Relaxing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I just added another view.

Hope that boosts your ego a little more.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it makes me feel good in my pants. Spitting

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed, are you happy with your spare tire mounted like that? The only reason I ask is because I do 99% of the work on my car out of the trailer and "feel" like it might seem in the way hanging off the wall.......with say a frontend or scoop, etc sitting on the back of the trailer that I'm constantly walking around. Then again, it might not be in the way, that's why I'm asking.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, I purposely chose to have it mounted on the wall

rather then put it in a floor compartment like my last trailer.

That said, for me/my cars it's out of the way. I don't work on my car out of the rear and have no removable nose or scoop to walk around on the ramp. I use the ramp door to park my golf cart on race day as in the photo.

That said, 1000+ views in 48 hours. clapping

81,000+ views, on our way to 82,000 about "just another white trailer" Relaxing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Where did you get Weld V Series trailer wheels? LOL. I would like to mount my spare in about the same place, only resting on the floor......maybe.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I would like to mount my spare in about the same place, only resting on the floor......maybe.

To “me”, this is the best spare trailer tire location. I’m old and could not lift the spare off the upper wall like Ed has his mounted when loaded. Mine is strapped against the wall on the floor and can be removed in less than a minute.

If you’re broke down on a major highway with a flat trailer tire you want to spend the least time possible changing it.

Drivers, especially those impaired, have a bad case of getting “target fixation”. This is why so many run into squads parked on the side of the road with lights flashing.

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark, I'm old too but due to years of eating my spinach and taking my hulkamania vitamins, I can still toss around a spare tire like a frisbe. Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I bought my Pace Gooseneck in 2001. Have not used the spare tire, ever..... But practically everyone I know that has 15 inch wheels has popped a tire about once a year.

I'll stick with these huge 16 inch wheels I have on both of my big trailers. The tires do not get warm even going 75-80 mph on Interstates.

Can't say that about the 15 inch stuff, they certainly get warm.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've got to start buying lottery tickets.

I have never popped a 15" tire on my previous 2006 Classic trailer that came with Goodyear Marathon tires. Ran GY Marathon tires until 2015 when they were replaced with Maxxis tires.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
You have certainly been lucky! Again, you didn't buy Chinese crappola........

What is that spare tire mount? I want to do that also. I can fabricate, but if the price is right I can write a check too...... Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'll post a photo but its nothing special, Intech fab'd and the wall behind it has a "backer" or better known as a ground it's bolted to.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Just looking for ideas for winter time projects!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I would like to mount my spare in about the same place, only resting on the floor......maybe.

To “me”, this is the best spare trailer tire location. I’m old and could not lift the spare off the upper wall like Ed has his mounted when loaded. Mine is strapped against the wall on the floor and can be removed in less than a minute.

If you’re broke down on a major highway with a flat trailer tire you want to spend the least time possible changing it.

Drivers, especially those impaired, have a bad case of getting “target fixation”. This is why so many run into squads parked on the side of the road with lights flashing.

The driver in front of this driver (Same Company) decided to mount his spread axle here at 60 MPH. Every time i do a tire on the side of the road. I silently work fast and pray real hard. Yes i want to go home in 1 piece today. He got hurt pretty bad.Prior vendor error.. Not tightening the wheel correctly let alone doing a torque procedure. I am real ana** about wheel torque.Doesn't matter what it is.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ Agreed TD3550. Good example of not following procedures.

I carry a calibrated 150 lb torque wrench in my truck that I use for all wheel nut tightening on my truck , trailer and race car. I put stickers on the side of the trailer wheel opening listing the proper torque setting. Because the trailer does not have centering hubs for the rims, I always do a re-check of the wheel nut torque at my destination that is under 100 miles.

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
I really like that folding bench in your trailer ! For some one like me who has no motor home it's a great way to get out of the sun or rain and relax !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it sure is, can't beat it for $600. Very comfortable too when it's opened to a bed. We like it so much that I'm going to install another across from it on the road side wall.

82,000+ views, on our way to 83,000 about "just another white trailer" Relaxing