DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
NHRA is having a national open at Fontana this weekend. Should have a big crowd. May 23-26 they have a 5k,10k 10k race at Fontana.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Got my cholesterol fix. Went to dinner with family and Marty and I split a 58 oz Tomahawk Rib Eye and all the trimmings. Washed it down with some 18 year old McCallan. Brought home a huge bone for Woody. couldn't forget my best friend.

Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
clapping
Bones big as the pup! He’s happy!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, that’s one fine looking steak, dang woody is loving life!!!!

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, I wanta come back as Woody when my time comes.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern is hanging in there. Came home to get frig in the house yesterday but got to head back to Durham in a few....PT at 3. Getting better every day but it is a longer process than I thought. Later

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, when I broke my knee cap in 1985 rehab took a long time as I remember close to 6 months before I was back to normal....don't over do it

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I have gone full blast for most of my life and this is holding me back at the wrong time. I got a lot to do. Frig went out and I had to get someone to help get the new one in. I can't lift anything.....I am going to attempt to mow yard today, about 1 1/2 ac, as I don't need to use knee to do that other than sitting so long. Good race this weekend at Rockingham and here I sit. You all have a good day. At least its going to be 75 today.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern, sounds like you're healing up fine. When you start *****in about it uou know you're goin to be fine.
We are having spring time weather out here and it's been great. With longer days Woody and I are getting back to our neighborhood cruises.
Marty had new turbos built for the hay hauler so it's supposed to go into the shop in the next week or so. Right after that it goes to the fabricator for a bed cover.Gotta get a new cert for the chassis. Those thing are only good 2 years. Guess I better check the seat belt too.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think so Floyd. I got the yard mowed ok. I backed my car down to around 6.50 or less just to avoid license etc and although mine is certified both IHRA and NHRA I only remember it being checked once in recent years. One time Galot had a special on seat belts and everyone got checked! Wonder how much us old guys have spent on belts, helmets, certs, etc over all these years. Fern be 78 tomorrow, that's old right there. Need some help keeping this thread running. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, we have probably spent enough to damn near build another race car. I just send mine back to Crowe out here and it's like 60 or 70 bucks to re=weave and re-cert new belts. y helmets have all expired now and I don't see myself getting another one. I've passed the baton on to Marty.Let him run with it.
Hey, you got a turbo and that lawn mower?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No but we have 2, I think, on our Honda. I thought that was the way to go 40 years ago but never had that set up on the race car. Lawn mower 26hp 54 in cut Husqvarna. Does pretty good if I keep it out of the ditch. That's another story.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening , Fern when you said you were mowing over and acre I was worried till I saw it was a riding mower....LOL

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Even though I don't think I said hello, I do read this thread. So, Hello!

Just thought I'd wish Fern a Happy Birthday since he posted it. Someday we'll be at the same track. Missed meeting you a couple times.

Good hearing everyones stories.

Ps: Fern, get a zero turn mower, cut my cutting in half!

Everyone take care

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
M120 zero don't like ditch. Had one got stuck to much. But thanks and sorry I have missed you. I used to race a good bit at Cecil, Atco, and Capitol...Down South now days. Stick your head in here once in awhile we need all the help we can get. Nick you know better. Where is Floyd today

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

I'm right here Fern. Got busy doin something yesterday, don't remember what, and lost track of time.
Got Hose A and Hose B coming to do the yard and give me an estimate on re-doing the front yard. Mow curb, new sprinklers and new grass. My neighbor is re-doing his so I gotta beat him to the punch. What the hell, spend it on the race car or spend it on the house.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You would have loved what I saw yesterday Floyd. Went with friend to pick up some CAL doors for his 57 Ford restoration. Kind of a dump place in South Carolina. So while they are conducting business the father of the guy my friend is dealing with starts a conversation with me that ends with "let me show you my cars". He opens up this metal warehouse in the back which held 75--100 old Fords. Must have been 50 with 427 motors. One DOHC Mustang, an original 64 Thunderbolt, an original 66-67 Comet with a factory 427. Not a single small block. Said he bought the last car probably 25 years ago and could never afford them today and wondered what would happen top them when he was gone. It was really something to see.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all.....WOW Fern at is amazing , when I was working at a Chevy dealer 1n 1970 one of the techs had a 63 Galaxie 500 with a 427 and a 1970 Boss 429 STANG
I was lucky to have a ride in each....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
You would have loved what I saw yesterday Floyd. Went with friend to pick up some CAL doors for his 57 Ford restoration. Kind of a dump place in South Carolina. So while they are conducting business the father of the guy my friend is dealing with starts a conversation with me that ends with "let me show you my cars". He opens up this metal warehouse in the back which held 75--100 old Fords. Must have been 50 with 427 motors. One DOHC Mustang, an original 64 Thunderbolt, an original 66-67 Comet with a factory 427. Not a single small block. Said he bought the last car probably 25 years ago and could never afford them today and wondered what would happen top them when he was gone. It was really something to see.

Wow, Fern. Gotta be a site to see. An original Thunderbolt? Awesome.I'm not a ford guy but I've always liked those.
That sounds like a guy out here in Quartsite, AZ that has a bunch of Fords. Not that many but same kind of inventory.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern got to come back home last night for a few says----good to be out here in the country. Went to knee Dr yesterday and they xrayed it and said everything was coming along fine. 6 weeks out and I am walking ok but still a lot of pain some times. Raining here this morning but supposed to be 70+ later on. Looks like most of the tracks around here have a little something going on. Super Bowl next week at Rockingham. You all have a good one.