DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!!! PRP switched racing to Sunday this weekend, because it looks to be a good weather day, and tomorrow doesn't. I may be thrashing hard to get 'er done, if I can make it to Summit tonight. I wish I'd have hit the Powerball the other night, just so I could have some time to do all the other stuff... "Lt. Dan said we didn't have to worry about money anymore. So I said, 'Well, that's good. You know, one less thing'".

But I'll keep on workin', like a workin' man do.

Michelle, that pic is fantastic! If you put it on your FB, right click it, get the properties, and use the Display Image, 3rd from right, up ^ there.

Good to see you Floyd. Couch potato is a good thing. My buddy's dog was like that... she was left out in the rain her first few years as part of her abuse, so any time it rained or clouded up, she went and hid.

You all have a great weekend! hug Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Looks like we are going storm chasing this afternoon, up in Southeast Kansas.
I hand't planned on it, but it looks like there is a real good chance we could see a tornado. We just need them to stay away from the towns.
Y'all have a great day and weekend.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Michelle that is a great picture,I got the e-mail,and to my surprise I also got the one you sent on the phone,don't ask me how I got it, Big Grin........but the new ph. I have made it easy to get it,wow,my friend is famous on the cover of ND,wow,Mannie said and she knows us dad............... Wink............I thought that was cute of him to say,I'm mighty proud of you............... hug.................sorry I had'nt had a chance to call this week,been one of them krazy weeks,I'm sure you know what I'm talking about................... Hum...........................

Chuck,you know the old song,something about raining all over the world,I believe sat.is going to be just that,and then sunday is supposed to be pretty here,who knows,weathers bout as predictable as a yugo racing in FB, Big Grin.................................

Floyd I know one thing for sure dogs are pretty smart about all sorts of things and rain being one of them,makes me think,that I was supposed to be a dog,but got mixed up in the making, I'm stupid.............I love laying in the recliner and peepeeing on a pad when it rains(not that I do) Eyesand love long days of being by myself when everyone is gone and I'm alone and don't have to do a thing but just be,and on ocassions I catch myself wanting to chase car,and this is the kicker here,I don't like to be tied down,so there I make a pretty good case for being a dog................................. Rolling...................................

Be careful chasing them Tornados Mouse,the way my luck goes and being like a dog,I'd catch one and then what,me,run the other way,be safe pal...................... Praying.................................

Ok enough foolishness the friday,I must get at it,so prayers all around and lets all be safe out there this weekend,and remember when raining and you are a dog pee on the puppy pad................... Tongue............the pup not you........ No No Big Grin............ Praying hug Wave.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post

I hope this works...if it does thanks Chuck...if it doesn't uh oh Big Grin

took a couple of tries but I got it! And, for those who haven't met us in person yet cough cough um Floyd, I'm 5'11 so you know Mike is tall..lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MsFurr,

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Is that Mike and Mannie? Where's the dog? You know I want to see pictures of the dog.
Mikey, he don't use no puppy pad, he just crosses his legs till it slows down enough to go outside.
Great picture of a star and a hill billy! bow Big Grin

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good evening everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately, but life has really been messing with me for the last couple of months. As you all know tax season is my busy time of the year, well this year has been the year from hell. I have been working with an accountant for over 12 years and knew him about 15 years before that. Gene has been a part of my life for what seems like forever and our relationship was much more than just a working one. Last July he was diagnosed with cancer and the doctor gave him from 1 to 5 years to live. He was 87 years old when he got the diagnosis, and I thought he might decide to quit working and take it easy. But he really didn't have anything else to do so we decided to keep going on. He lost his wife 12 years ago and so I was the person he spent the most time with. About half way through March, all of a sudden he started going downhill, it got harder & harder for him to get around and he had to have his sons bring him to the office & then take him home. I took care of him while he was in the office, but it was obvious to me that it was getting extremely difficult for him to concentrate on the tax returns and get them done correctly. On March 27th he went home early & somehow I knew he wouldn't be back. He had made no plans as to what to do if he got sick & couldn't finish tax season. I had all these clients that needed their tax returns done and I don't do taxes, so I had to scramble & find someone who could get them done with only 2 weeks left in the season. On April 12th he passed away in his sleep surrounded by his children at the age of 88. He was an amazing, caring man who I loved and thankfully he didn't have to go through a lot of pain before passing. I am so fortunate that his kids are appreciative of the fact that I cared about him & took care of him for so long. One of his sons has a graphics business so we are going to get an office together that is a bit smaller.
He says we have to stick together & take care of each other now that Gene isn't around to take care of us.

I haven't really wanted to get on here and cry on everyone's shoulders, that's why I haven't posted. Just trying to get my bearings and figure out my next move. Everytime my life hits a bump in the road, I seem to come out better in the long run.

On a lighter note, Michelle congrats on the National Dragster, great job. I'm really proud of you and can't wait until we finally move to Tennessee and I can meet you and the family & Mike & Mannie. I love the picture of the 3 of you.

WaveChuck, Floyd, Mouse, Christine, WA and everyone I might have missed. You all have a great weekend.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
What a sweet touching story Susie, you know we are always here when you need us. Love you...and can't wait to meet you too.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Susie, you know this is the best damned family in the world. We stick together forever. hug

Get to go watch the VW's play today. We're just watchin cause my boy sold his car. He sold the motor to some guy in Germany cause he is building a bigger one and somebody came along and made him an offer he couldn't refuse on the car. Now he wants to build a 200 mph dragster with a VW. It never ends.
T'all have a gooden! Congrats to the Furr's again. Daughter like momma.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good day everyone,been mia for the last two days,went to the Farm with Squeaky sat.and had one of them days,blazer would'nt run after driving it down there,figured some of the changes made during the week had something to do with it,but when I got ready to leave sat.night battery was dead on it and the alternator had gone bad,so Mannie and I slept on MHR's couch(thanks pal)and went to Advance Auto and got one,had one at home in Cana,which was 60miles away so spent the $100.and got one got home about lunch time sunday,all in all had fun,but am tired so onward and upward........................ Banging Head........................................................

Michelle got the pic. on ph.at the track,later in the evening,and by then my ph.battery was dead so I had no charger for the new ph. with me so it's been dead till now,so WTG mini-me Madi,or I should say Mini-Michelle,good job Madi on the win,I hear z-max is making ya'll a regular parking place for ya'll from now on,good job Team Furr................. not worthy Car....................................

Susie thats a great thing you did for your friend,they make special stars for folks like you, hug,can't wait to meet ya'll and get to visit for awhile..............................

Floyd,a 200mph VW Dragster,wooooohooooooo,that would be fun..................... Car...........................

Well ya'll have a fine evening and prayers to all,and we'll see ya'll in morning................................... Praying hug Wave...................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Had a good time at the VW drags yesterday. This was the first race at Irwindale after coming back on line. Track was real green but it will come back after being closed for a while.

By goodscotch at 2012-04-30

This is one of Marty's motors in a customers car. Puts a little over 750 hp to the rear wheels.Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again... I ran to Summit after work Friday, thrashed all day Saturday, and a little Sunday morning, sun-burnt up like a weenie, tired, and it all feels good, because 5 and a half months after the last pass last year, I got to hit it for the first time this year. 12.10 at almost 110, felt awesome!

Susie, so sorry to hear about Gene. hug Floyd said it best.

Michelle, so awesome Madi got the win in Zmax this weekend! Apple not falling far from the tree at all! Come footin'! Y'all make a decision on PRP?

Floyd, those VWs are flying! Big hp in a lightweight car, that's gotta be a ride! I hope your son gets that 200mph.

Hi Mike! Wave That is a great pic with Mannie and Michelle. Man, he's growing like a weed! I've had those battery/electrical problems before and they can ruin your fun.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Evening again ya'll,these allergys are killing me,my head feels so dead,can't wait for this to pass............ Banging Head......................

Chuck,it was so cloudy all day at the Farm all me and Mannie got of a sunburn was off the interior light in the blazer,oh well............. I'm stupid...........................

Hope the rest of ya'lls day is a gooden,and prayers all around and we'll catch ya'll in the morning................ Praying hug Wave..................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
I guess we had some storms roll through over night. I slept right through them, so I guess everything is ok.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,yea Mouse it stormed here on the east side too,seem like all night,a little rain and wind and a little light show,but mostly thunder,all looks good this morning......................... Smile............................

Well got to go do a little rent collecting for Mom this morning and then back home to do what I do best,figure what to do next........................... Wink................................

Prayers to you all my friends and I hope ya'll have a fine day................. Praying hug Wave....................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
what did you think about the pic up there Mike, I think I may have tried to email it to you...with email, web, facebook, text all on my phone it gets a little crazy esp when I'm excited.

Not sure on prp yet Chuck...I need to sit down with a calendar, I'm feeling so overwhelmed lately...lots to do, little getting done it seems...

glad you all survived the storms Dennis...

hope everyone has a great day...hi Floyd, Susie...

FurrRacing.com

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rained up here too, but hopefully it's clearing up the rest of the day. I'd like it to be dry some, the Cutlass is sitting outside at my buddy's house and I'm hoping to work on it tonight.

Hi Mike! Wave As far as I know, I don't have any allergies. I hope it stays that way. My dad never had any either, til he got to about 50 or so, then cut grass would bother him. I have friends who really get knocked around by them, and feel bad.

Mouse, the storms came to you! Big Grin I love sleeping when it's raining. It's like the sound of the rain is a lullabye.

Sounds good, Michelle. No brackets as part of the program that weekend, so I'll just be hanging around the track anyway.

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Hope you guys made it ok with the storms up y'alls way. I got severe weather text all day yesterday about the storms up there.
Well, I was suppose to go racing this weekend, but I was informed that my daughters state gymnastics meet is this Saturday, So, I will be going to it instead.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang...have fun Dennis hope your daughter does well! You get to work on the Cutlass Chuck?

Off to Madi's orthodontist appt later today and we are going to Atlanta...SST and SC, can't wait!

lOTS to do....little time to do it. hope you guys all have a great day...Mike, Floyd time to get goin hug

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,loved the pic.Michelle,It was great,MHR said it was a great family photo,lol,I said yea ain't we prutty Tongue.....................
Good luck in HotLanta,s/st and s/c,I know you're loving some s/st, Wink................................we'll be watching............ Eyes.......................
Oh and good luck to Madi,I just don't like them appointments no ,matter even if they ain't mine.....................

Mouse we sure have been getting alot of thunder the last few days,but thats it,you just never know with these spring storms,have fun this weekend,hope she does well and has fun..............................

Just about got The Mad Mater ready,got a 468 in there hoping to tnt fri.night at the Farm and then race on sat.we'll see................ Car..................................

Ok got to get to it,off to the dr. with Mom this morning,she not feeling well,then back and at what I do best,thats right figure what to do next,ya'll have a gooden and prayers all over the place and we'll be catching up after bit.......................... Praying hug Wave..........................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It looks like you guys might be ok for a little while up there, as far as any rain is concerned.
Well, I'm going to work for part of the day tomorrow, so this isn't my Friday.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing