Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Kinda sicko...just like our race team!!

Thanks Bruce and see you soon bud!

Always liked you guys-just a bit twisted lol

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Thanks ya'll! I will not be in Reynolds as I have a business commitment that week. But will be in Memphis and Prescott next month.

The undercover took a nasty tumble and clearly did its job with the crash.

What can't afford entry fees to both of them?
Takk with Cory maybe he can let you borrow few bucks.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TORQIN,

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Man that made him draw a blank.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Man that made him draw a blank.

Big Grin

I was at the bank depositing the check!!!!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
You did get my account number correct?

Let me guess new car taking care of most of that issue?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great finish minus the car lol. I left before the wreck and watched on line. Looked bad. Glad he is ok and I think you made the right decision. Clearly. Was he wearing all the proper safety equipment? I saw allot that weren't.

Congrats again on the great finish.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Thanks again and yes he had everything on and come out it with out a scratch!

What a way to finish and make proud parents eh!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on all the wins. Hard work paid off. Glad he is safe and sound. I always hated the forgotten 1099's. The IRS loved me back in the day lol.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I think track temp and dew point may have been more of an issue here than hard braking. It does not take much as it gets close to the dew point and once it starts it may too late to reel it in. I have seen it several times and experienced it first hand. When the track does that the starting line may still be good but further down track you get the worse it gets and groove gets real narrow.

I was watching live, and to tell the truth, I'd swear that the car was at the edge of the groove and hazing the tires at 500'..?? I wasn't watching in HD, but that was my thought.

It was a great finish for sure, congrats to Kenny, and to Cory, that was bad a$$!

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have watched the run over and over and all I can see was a light wisp of smoke right before the stripe. I don't see the tires lock up at all, I think it's was a combination of track conditions ( not saying the track was bad) and the brakes probably had some heat in them,therefore they were working a little better. I don't believe he hit the brakes too hard,they just worked better and the finish line went away a little. The perfect storm. I'm glad no one was hurt,and impressed he had what it takes to get back in the car and finish what he came there to do.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I need to add that that wisp of smoke could only be seen on the slow motion replay. you couldn't see it at speed.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
I need to add that that wisp of smoke could only be seen on the slow motion replay. you couldn't see it at speed.

With the air temp and dew point I'm surprised that any smoke could be seen at all....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post