New
Find
Notify
Tools

The million
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad Cory is okay.. My question is this.. What happen to the 1st or worst infraction? Wrecks car, by the Grace of God did not hit opponent and jumps into another car??? Sry but he shoulda been done for the evening.. He should have went to hospital for an x-ray for possible internal injuries. Not jump in another car.. Has nothing to do with balls.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
he was past the finish line before he crossed and hit anything. so technically he did not cross.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Respectfully its not about crossing or not crossing.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I get it LR. I was responding to the first or worst. since he was past the finish line and not dq'ed the rules allowed him to bring another car. I would assume he was checked out by on sight medical staff and his parents and went back at it.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SimmerManiac
posted Hide Post
No dog in this fight and I truly haven’t made up my mind about it yet; but technically didn’t the infraction of excessive breaking happen prior to the finish line?

I’m very glad this didn’t happen when he was running the wagon or this would have a much less entertaining ending.

Posts: 39 | Location: Brownsburg, IN | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Million race rules allow to get into another car if yours can not make round because of mechanical failure.He had big mechanical failure. He did not break rule. He was ok.I am not bit surprised he got into another car since allowed to.Getting his mom to allow after butt chewing I saw her give him few weeks earlier,that was my surprise.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SimmerManiac
posted Hide Post
Again, I don’t know him so this isn’t a personal attack in any way; but I don’t give a rip about what his Mom has to say to him. I worry about being in the way when he locks em up again.

Posts: 39 | Location: Brownsburg, IN | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The kid made a mistake, the kid learned where crossing the line is...

His mom, myself and my son made decisions that made us $100,000.00. If you have a problem with my son. Feel free to PM or call me. We have nothing to be afraid of as race cars crash in all forms of Motorsports...I hope my son adjusts his strategies to continue winning.

Jared you have a better way with words than I and thanks to all that comment, good or bad.

Proud parents is all I can say right now!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TORQIN:

His mom, myself and my son made decisions that made us $100,000.00. If you have a problem with my son. Feel free to PM or call me. We have nothing to be afraid of as race cars crash in all forms of Motorsports...I hope my son adjusts his strategies to continue winning.

Jared you have a better way with words than I and thanks to all that comment, good or bad.

Proud parents is all I can say right now![/QUOTE

Be proud Chris, your kid did something amazing. But be the most proud that he is ok!!
Some times out kids have to learn their lessons the hard way.
Maybe some single pistons calipers on the new whip!

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

Proud parents is all I can say right now!

Not worthy

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
His mom, myself and my son made decisions that made us $100,000.00.

Hey Dad, what was his cut of that 100K? lol You ought to be close to paying for his college tuition by now.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them..

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be about the money. Should be about your sons and everyone else's safety. Two Thumbs down

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Payton:
Shouldn't be about the money. Should be about your sons and everyone else's safety. Two Thumbs down

Quit acting like a BYTCH.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Was this the race that was at 47* and close to the dew point? If so what is normal braking can put you in big trouble quick, ask me how I know.

I am glad he is okay and good to see him get right back up on the horse and kick tail.

I do not care who you are after a crash like that all of us would have to think about it to turn around and get in a faster car and run next round.

The kid has nerves of steel and is a good racer and was in the rules. End of subject.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Payton:

It's BIG MONEY BRACKET RACING. It's all about the money. This is really professional racing if you look at the payouts at most of these races. And as far as safety goes i'm not a fan of excessive braking.And quite a few people are driving this way. It is what it is. I'll just make sure my car is safe and try and win some of those big paychecks.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not to change the subject,but at the Division 3 race in the 4th Round of Stock Eliminator,a driver WON the round and it appears that he was disqualified for excessive tire smoke.His opponent was reinstated and ended up winning the entire race.

There is speculation that he may have put the car in reverse.

BUT HE DID NOT CRASH and was DQ.

So my question is: How can you crash,almost hit your opponent,and not be disqualified even though it was past "the stripe"?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Not to change the subject,but at the Division 3 race in the 4th Round of Stock Eliminator,a driver WON the round and it appears that he was disqualified for excessive tire smoke.His opponent was reinstated and ended up winning the entire race.

There is speculation that he may have put the car in reverse.

BUT HE DID NOT CRASH and was DQ.

So my question is: How can you crash,almost hit your opponent,and not be disqualified even though it was past "the stripe"?

Different tracks have different rules. And anything that happens past the finish line doesn't matter. I was watching a Division 2 race on youtube a couple of weeks ago and a racer locked up the brakes. Didn't crash but the announcer got on the PA and told the ticket booth to give him his first warning next time he's gone.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was parked at end of track and heard brakes being locked up quite a few times...mostly door cars...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was in stands when Cory crashed from where I was he done what most of us have done before did what he thought he had to do to get a win light. I'm sure the moisture that set in plus cool weather didn't help. Racers get in a routine and the kid was knocking them down. I was amazed he was ok but I looked at car and it took a hit but held up. Safety equipment did it's job and sure being young and flexible helped. Now the amazing part he gets back in and continues where he left off. Tuff racing in tuff conditions. Good kid good family. Congrats and God Bless

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post