New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sfg
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Soooo anyone gonna talk about Hodges post about sfg? Was seriously contemplating trying to get in on their million race next year until that post

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamey2632:
Soooo anyone gonna talk about Hodges post about sfg? Was seriously contemplating trying to get in on their million race next year until that post

Link?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Won't give him another dime of my money. Hauled three cars to the million that became a 575 then cancelled. Struggled to get a refund ironically I got my refund after the Black Friday pre entry deal. I'm very much on the outside looking in but I've been saying the wheels are gonna fall off this train sooner or later.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah only way I would go is PAY AT THE GATE…but that’s the only way he can get entries now…done burned enough bridges….but between the damn jr’s….stopping the race to take pictures on the starting line…lotteries….TESLAS….the list goes on…

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I stated it here before...this guy is the PT Barnum of drag racing, no one does the hustle as good as him.

That said, he’ll never see a dollar of my money.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
quote:
What was said?

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
nothing that wasn't already known. just a disgruntled former employee on a rant

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All I know is that if you take the time to read all the comments on that Facebook post,you are going to need an extra large bag of popcorn.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The past 5 years I’ve been to Reynolds, Darlington, Rockingham, Bradenton, Martin, Cedar Falls with SFG and have paid in advance for a better price at all these events to date. Every time there was a change in location, race purse or entry fees after the pre-race sale, I’ve always been offered and received an equal or better deal on the event change. Whenever there was a cancellation, I was offered a refund or credited my account and I used it in the next purchase.

I kept documented records of all my payment transactions, Flyers for prior and cancelled events and printed FB specials that were included in the special pricing but not on the Flyer.

I’ve always received what I paid for in entry (with exception of 2022 Martin million reduced winner prize) as well as payments for my winnings from SFG.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Once I read that entries were being sold at 50 cents on the dollar in the tower, I’d be done supporting the “sent from God” promoter.

Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
The past 5 years I’ve been to Reynolds, Darlington, Rockingham, Bradenton, Martin, Cedar Falls with SFG and have paid in advance for a better price at all these events to date. Every time there was a change in location, race purse or entry fees after the pre-race sale, I’ve always been offered and received an equal or better deal on the event change. Whenever there was a cancellation, I was offered a refund or credited my account and I used it in the next purchase.

I kept documented records of all my payment transactions, Flyers for prior and cancelled events and printed FB specials that were included in the special pricing but not on the Flyer.

I’ve always received what I paid for in entry (with exception of 2022 Martin million reduced winner prize) as well as payments for my winnings from SFG.

As long as *any* promoter lives up to the business obligations, it's all that matters.

If Kyle fired the guy, didn't pay him and banned him, that would be a different matter altogether.

But that didn't happen according to the complaint made by the announcer in the post on FB, but just the opposite.

That would be someone throwing their weight around.

But that didn't happen.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Been saying it was the latest pyramid scheme since he started.

Uses pre-entry money for a future race to pay the purse on the upcoming race. Eventually, someone will get screwed on the purse when the funds run out.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure God never sent any race promoters or race series to te bracket racing world.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Just never pre enter....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Been saying it was the latest pyramid scheme since he started.

Uses pre-entry money for a future race to pay the purse on the upcoming race. Eventually, someone will get screwed on the purse when the funds run out.

Just because he's using pre-entry money to pay the purse, doesn't mean he has to.

The pre-entry money is the financing, if you can get financed every race, why use your own money?

I'd pay 50% to not use my own money. Pre-entry is all about velocity of money.

The more of these races that go off, the less chance he'll ever welch on payout, not vice versa.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don’t really think anything in the post was news to anyone. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the business model he is using

I have been to some sfg races and enjoyed them. I didn’t agree with the purse being cut at the million last year, but I also wasn’t there.

In the messages on the Facebook posts it looks to me like an employer fired an employee and even paid that employee all they owed them

To be honest I was expecting a little more dirt than what the post actually had on it

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
I don’t really think anything in the post was news to anyone. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the business model he is using

I have been to some sfg races and enjoyed them. I didn’t agree with the purse being cut at the million last year, but I also wasn’t there.

In the messages on the Facebook posts it looks to me like an employer fired an employee and even paid that employee all they owed them

To be honest I was expecting a little more dirt than what the post actually had on it

The racers agreed to the cut purse. It was up to them and they voted to cut.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Couple of thoughts, if it is a "Pyramid Scheme" then it needs to be shut down and prosecuted. In fact if it is a pyramid scheme then it will crash soon any way. Has not been yet so we have to assume it is legit or at least give it benefit of the doubt.

As for splitting the purse that is their decision so as long as total money is the same does not matter how they decide to split it.

If it was a Fired employee that had not been paid and is owed money then that is a big legal problem. As an employer you pay them every penny you owe them even if you fire them for stealing on the job you are still required by law to pay them for the hours they worked.

One thing that bothers me is when a promoter says one thing on the flyer and another after you get in the gate I have a problem with it. There was one track here (Now out of business!) that would post say a pay out of $2,000 winner, no buybacks or double entry's. Then when you get there they are selling double tech cards and after first round they are announcing Buy Back Booth is open and or the payout has been reduced.

With in reason I do not care what the rules are but I want them to set the rules and follow them. If they are going to REDUCE payout due to car count then I also expect them to INCREASE payout if they get more than they expect and it should be on the flyer what it will be.

Do not care if you can acquire points after a BuyBack or not just tell us at start of season and do not change it for the whole season. That does not have much to do with SFG but the point is set rules and follow them so everyone knows what to expect.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SFG just announced Million 2023 is at US131 Martin MI June 27 - July 1. Discounted entries on sale Black Friday weekend for their events.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post