Notify
Tools

Sfg
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
Why the hell would anyone prepay for that event 6 months in advance to save $250?

Exactly this! On the other side of the conversation-if everyone that went were to pay in advance what does this do to the promoters overall profit? If the numbers work out with X number of cars paying the advertised entry and then you discount it by $250 the promoter would stand to lose a substantial amount of money. Only thing that makes sense is robbing Peter to pay Paul. It can't last forever. Just saying.

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
Why the hell would anyone prepay for that event 6 months in advance to save $250?

Exactly this! On the other side of the conversation-if everyone that went were to pay in advance what does this do to the promoters overall profit? If the numbers work out with X number of cars paying the advertised entry and then you discount it by $250 the promoter would stand to lose a substantial amount of money. Only thing that makes sense is robbing Peter to pay Paul. It can't last forever. Just saying.

I don't know. I'm not a promoter,but if you got 200 people to send in $2750,that is $550,000.
Interest rates are still going up.Providing you invest it somewhat conservatively, you could probably make something on that kind of money coming on.
Or,it could turn out like another FTX deal.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My biggest concern with this and any other series that has "house cars" is the probability of getting treated fairly. What if a house car is on the bye each round? What if the house car gets paired with the worst reaction time driver during the ladder rounds? What if the timing system can be manipulated so that the house car wins the round? What if a silent co-promoter is allowed to run and wins? What if a house car is allowed to cheat? What if the jackpot is all house cars?

With the amount of money it costs to go run these events and the high chance of house cars getting special treatment(as Hodge said) I would never attend one of these events Like a friend said, loose rocker and the flings are the events a person should look into way before sfg.

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ssmith:
My biggest concern with this and any other series that has "house cars" is the probability of getting treated fairly. What if a house car is on the bye each round? What if the house car gets paired with the worst reaction time driver during the ladder rounds? What if the timing system can be manipulated so that the house car wins the round? What if a silent co-promoter is allowed to run and wins? What if a house car is allowed to cheat? What if the jackpot is all house cars?

With the amount of money it costs to go run these events and the high chance of house cars getting special treatment(as Hodge said) I would never attend one of these events Like a friend said, loose rocker and the flings are the events a person should look into way before sfg.

The problem isn't the favoritism, the special treatment, or all the bullshyt that goes along with it.

The problem is those who take it in the azz without a peep when it effects them, and keep coming back for more.

So here's what if,,, If anyone ever wastes your time, money and effort with stupid childish little league mickey mouse club bullshyt, tell em to go fuk themselves where everyone can hear it, and mean it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is my take on my experience on the SFG race at the 1-1 million in 2020. I was fortunate enough to have the time to go. I had probably the best time racing at a track in my life. I made some great new friends that are priceless. Both of my girls came to that race. One flew in from Dallas and the other drove in from Kansas. That was the last time I got to visit with my daughter before she past later that summer. For that I am forever grateful to SFG. Without this race I wouldn't have got to spend that precious time with my daughter. We all spend money to do what we love and we hope to recoup some of that money at races and especially big money races which can save a season of expense. But money isn't everything. My thought is you can't put a price on happiness. I do understand that people want a fair shot and a full payout. But Kyle is trying and has changed big money racing. Big risk and sometimes it works and sometimes it's a flop. Still big money but understanding if he goes bust then those races go away as well. I want it to work. I hope he makes bank I hope one of my friends win and cashes in. I hope it works along with the Flings - the OG Million - The Great American Million along with all the other big money bracket races. You can bash me if you want, I'm not arguing with anyone and I'm not going to bash anyone either. This is just my opinion and I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoys their family !!!

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
"hope" is not a strategy and if sfg goes away, I'll sleep just as good as I did last night and so will you and everyone else that has competed at these races.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The dude ain't going bust, the dude has banked. People only think he's going bust because he asked for financing (pre-entry).

Now that he's no longer asking for financing (pre-entry), he'll have people offering.

It'll go on for as long as he enjoys putting on events.

He could've absorbed paying the million and folded up tent and went home, rarely to be heard from again. He told everyone that at the race,,, transparency.

Some people you can count on what they say being true, some you can't.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Most of the people posting do not attend SFG races and are slandering someone you know nothing about. Let's get some facts on the table. Bradenton race SOLD OUT! Almost every big name racer will be in attendance. Fact! Kyle has done more for the racing community than any other promoter. He is for the racer. He doesnt take truck loads of money to the bank like some of the others. This mans intention has always been for the little guy and give them way more than any of the other promoters combined. Stop with the pondsy scheme ****. There is noore pre entry! He has been doing this 2016 and has forced every other promoter to the plate. You might not like this statement but SFG is the leader of the pack the true pioneer of super big buck racing.meaning crazy money! I have always been paid and I have sent sometimes money in advance for a better deal. NEVER HAD A ISSUE NEVER! Stop commenting on this man's character! If there was a problem he would not be in business. If he's smart he will start going after peoples false statements and I believe he could win in a court of law.

Posts: 65 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irf3:
Most of the people posting do not attend SFG races and are slandering someone you know nothing about. Let's get some facts on the table. Bradenton race SOLD OUT! Almost every big name racer will be in attendance. Fact! Kyle has done more for the racing community than any other promoter. He is for the racer. He doesnt take truck loads of money to the bank like some of the others. This mans intention has always been for the little guy and give them way more than any of the other promoters combined. Stop with the ponzi scheme ****. There is no more pre entry! He has been doing this since 2016 and has forced every other promoter to the plate. You might not like this statement but SFG is the leader of the pack the true pioneer of super big buck racing.meaning crazy money! I have always been paid and I have sent sometimes money in advance for a better deal. NEVER HAD A ISSUE NEVER! Stop commenting on this man's character! If there was a problem he would not be in business. If he's smart he will start going after peoples false statements and I believe he could win in a court of law.

Posts: 65 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Most of the people posting do not attend SFG races and are slandering someone you know nothing about. Let's get some facts on the table. Bradenton race SOLD OUT! Almost every big name racer will be in attendance. Fact! Kyle has done more for the racing community than any other promoter. He is for the racer. He doesnt take truck loads of money to the bank like some of the others. This mans intention has always been for the little guy and give them way more than any of the other promoters combined. Stop with the pondsy scheme ****. There is no more pre entry! He has been doing this 2016 and has forced every other promoter to the plate. You might not like this statement but SFG is the leader of the pack the true pioneer of super big buck racing.meaning crazy money! I have always been paid and I have sent sometimes money in advance for a better deal. NEVER HAD A ISSUE NEVER! Stop commenting on this man's character! If there was a problem he would not be in business. If he's smart he will start going after peoples false statements and I believe he could win in a court of law.

Who? Never heard of Him.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
"hope" is not a strategy and if sfg goes away, I'll sleep just as good as I did last night and so will you and everyone else that has competed at these races.

Not your cup of tea i get it, but i have said it before until the purses of his races doesn't get paid i really dont see an issue. If your against pre entry just dont pre enter... Seems like a simple fix to me.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As far as house cars most every promoter has house cars. There are some big differences in house cars were the promoter picks the best and strongest racers where Kyle tends to help alot of racers that can't afford to attend. His motive is surely not to make money but possible. Kyle tries to help anyone he can. House cars are fine as long as nothing sinister happens. Also Kyle would never jeopardize his reputation! Also for 2023 there is no more pre entry!!!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Alan have you ever competed on the house?

Brian, I don't have any issue because I chose not to support his races for several reasons...

1. don't want to race well into the morning of the next day.

2. house cars

3. and most important, we can race numerous times throughout the season for $10k, $20k an $50K without leaving our home track.

4. when we do it's to compete for $100k at one of the Flings.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as house cars most every promoter has house cars. There are some big differences in house cars were the promoter picks the best and strongest racers where Kyle tends to help alot of racers that can't afford to attend. His motive is surely not to make money but possible. Kyle tries to help anyone he can. House cars are fine as long as nothing sinister happens. Also Kyle would never jeopardize his reputation!

House cars are dumb to be honest that is about the only thing i have an issue with.... If you are gonna BE a promoter be a promoter. That way you have zero skin in the outcome of any of these races....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I love house cars, bring em on.

The more the merrier.

House cars ain't a problem, the house tilting the table in favor of the house cars, is.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Alan have you ever competed on the house?

Brian, I don't have any issue because I chose not to support his races for several reasons...

1. don't want to race well into the morning of the next day.

2. house cars

3. and most important, we can race numerous times throughout the season for $10k, $20k an $50K without leaving our home track.

4. when we do it's to compete for $100k at one of the Flings.

Understandable...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
No fling house cars? I wonder about that.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Apparently you have not been listening but running late in the night has stopped. I don't care what race you are at and you have oil down or rain you are running when ever you can. Kyle's races are a much bigger value to the racer. Most of the other promoters are taking truck loads of money out.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says you who didn't answer my question and sounds like you're on the payroll.

Brian, don't know for certain BUT I feel I know Pete pretty well, we also race with him, Sal and Dylan at Numidia, also their home track. He and his staff run very professional events.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now that is funny, Ed thinks SFG cares where he wears his wannabe crew chief headset.

Ed thinks Randy Folk cares as well. That's some funny shyt! Smile