DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and Prayers to Joey and his family. No person nicer than Big Joe and no one as dedicated to his family's racing like he was.

Godspeed Big Joe Biggs.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this. Praying

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear. Joe and Joey were a team.God Speed

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Very,very sad to hear this....Our thoughts are with Joey and his family

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
a truly sad day. he was clearly one of the best, and I am glad to have known him for many years. a real inspiration to the sport. thoughts & prayers to the family." god speed "

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
SORRY TO HEAR THIS

Posts: 166 | Location: Northeast OHIO | Registered: October 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
very sad!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well people,how was that for a Q16 race. 16 entries a little less than the first, but we expected that. The race was run in a timely manner.No delays from oil downs. good track prep and we made the big payout as promised. Some fans in the stands to. I think the track proved that they can do this to most peoples liking. I'am sure someone will have something negative to say but I think most people left entertained. Time to start working on round three. Lets spread the word. If anyone can help with some sponsorship please call me at 724-695-0188 or norm at the track. I thank all the racers, sponsors and fans who helped make this one better. July 27th be there.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
George, track was great. I even made the cut for the q16. I know we had weather in the area, but I felt the program was a-bit rushed. Timely isn't slow, and isn't rushed. Steady - smooth is timely. But over all not bad.

Dion Vickers

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think we'll both be lucky to get in the next one.I predict the 27th will be a big one. just don't know what happened to my 430s we used to run regularly.I thought we had our tire shake problem licked but it's back. The motors running real rich. looks like a diesel when it launches.I think we are going to try a set of those little tires like the erie monster runs.Glad you made it in dion. Now we just got to get old eagle eye to step up and run with the big dogs.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
Smilewe had a good time at this race,the track was good! Thumbs up The people (racers and fans were great) and they ran the show at a good pace. (mostly cause it didn't rain)I think if we can make another Q-16 we'll be there.The racers need to get behind this race, if they can keep pulling it off this way. Hum Remember the small tires are only part of the set up,you might end up changing a part or two to make it work right. good luck hope we make it back Wave

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
George, I can go a little faster Wink! Just saying.

The other thing Norm, AJ, or yourself needs to get a grip on is the negativity of the announcer.

1) Discouraged double entries.
2) Announced Q16 Q1 was 2:30. Made call at 2:05.
By 2:15 said "fine we will do 1 run since no
one is in lanes"
3) Made one call for buybacks. 5 minutes later..
"fine we cancel buybacks!"
4) And lets not forget " tell (certain racer) to
get he's a$$ up here and help F-ing clean up"

Things like this you think. You don't say them on a PA system!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You mean talking about drinking with the band the weekend before over the PA isn't the proper thing to do while you run the junior dragster program?? I just figured that Kenny decided that the track brought in enough money at the gate and didn't need anyone else pulling any more money out of their pocket and spending with the track. Glad he didn't announce to close the concession stand early, those steak hoagies are pretty darn good.

Sure looked to be a lot of great racing out there but I couldn't read the closed captioning on the computer screens from the bleachers.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
what happened to the guy they did have announcing the past few months? haven't heard him the past few weeks, I think his name was Mike something? He was intelligent and explained things very well and always let you know who was running, best announcer I have heard there in a long long time.

Posts: 2 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Mike Carr?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yes that is him. got a few pm's from racers, sounds like Mike got a raw deal. hopefully the track will realize their error and bring him back.

Posts: 2 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
CUT BACKS!WHY DIDNT QUAKER RACE YESTERDAY?i was at prp and there were rumors of lightning damage??any truth to this?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Everyone hates rain. Mother Nature sure wasn't nice to any of the local facilities this week. Hopefully this forecast gets changed around so things can start drying out.

Maybe this was just a needed break for Norm, AJ and staff to take the time to evaluate some of the changes made, the results of the changes and continue to improve their strategy for running the program in an efficient manner without seeming to be too rushed.

Hope everyone took advantage of some family time and enjoyed a weekend off getting some car maintenance done, a few honey-do's done or just holding down your couch relaxing. Ready for less green on the radar and more green on the tree.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i started my day in san antonio tx at 330 am,boarded plane at 445 am,landed in pgh at 1255 and was at prp at 430 ish, ran the finals at 10 ish,home around 1am ish so i can say this guy enjoyed his day!!r/u!!a bit sluggish today i might add! Sleep

Photobucket

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ALSO DID SOMETHING ALOT OF GUYS WOULD LOVE TO OR AT LEAST WATCH!!!knocked myself out via head into awning contact,and for all you worried folks the awning is ok,i however came to on the ground leaning on trailer,GOOD TIMES! I'm stupid

Photobucket