DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Turbo bracket cars anyone
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turbo bracket cars anyone
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Who was the first to put a procharger on a bracket car? I'm sure they were told it will never work too.

True that. Nobody told Dan Naylor his TD division championship didn't count because he was using a Turbo LS to win it.
https://dragchamp.com/2020/nhr...ivision-7-champions/

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Didn't Mark Payne use a Turbo LS in TS at one time? Don't know if he still does, but I faintly remember him winning a lot of TS races with that combination..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He did and did well with it in '18 5th in the division and '19 11th in the division but I don't remember him "winning a lot of TS races with it" and Mark would be the fist to tell you that it's not a combination for a bracket car no mind a footbrake launched bracket car.

Meanwhile the car that won the NHRA Division 1 championship last year barely qualified at most events and is n/a but this thread ain't about NHRA Top Sportsman, it's about opinions regarding a foot brake launched turbo bracket car. You're Nuts WhatEver

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Who was the first to put a procharger on a bracket car? I'm sure they were told it will never work too.

very few procharger cars are good/winning bracket cars. many have tried only to revert back to a n/a single carb combo. If I wanted to run Top Dragster, I feel a procharger combo is hands down the way to go but this thread ain't about procharger combos either.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In this same arena, it bears stating that anyone trying to attempt to compete in Top eliminator bracket racing, while footbraking, is simply wasting time, money, and they are just in the way. You might get away with it at some little podunk backwoods event, but not among the elite big buck bracket events. Don't even try, it simply isn't possible.

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
In this same arena, it bears stating that anyone trying to attempt to compete in Top eliminator bracket racing, while footbraking, is simply wasting time, money, and they are just in the way. You might get away with it at some little podunk backwoods event, but not among the elite big buck bracket events. Don't even try, it simply isn't possible.

Take care. Tom Worthington

That's awesome. Great post! Could put a T1000 in that picture too.....love it.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
YUP The T1000 won super pro on 4/30/2022 at Norwalk tradin feet at letting it eat.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Me too But did it 18 years ago at ETown the first time. Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
A twin turbo car can peddle and be more consistent than a single turbo. They have come a long way to making consistent passes. Most people that complain about them have no knowledge about them. FACT.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I believe Tom Reyer referred to "Turbo" in his question. Over 50 years ago a man from VA named Doug Hess competed at Capitol in MD on a regular basis with a turbo assisted 67-68 Camaro and did pretty well. FACT

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
says the nobody, the loser with a shytbox that was a no show at your home track years ago when the NJFBD came to town ran the table and cleaned house all 3 days!

LOL, I have no idea what event you are babbling about, but I can guarantee YOU didn't show up or do anything.
Your point? Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1676 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can stick my nose in this one as Jim Young, Larry Pappas, and myself showed up out there at a $5000, $10,000, $5000 race and won it all. Forget the name of the track but as I remember it was near Bloomington. Loves something or other

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Fern…KNOWS!

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I can stick my nose in this one as Jim Young, Larry Pappas, and myself showed up out there at a $5000, $10,000, $5000 race and won it all. Forget the name of the track but as I remember it was near Bloomington. Loves something or other

Probably Lyons Dragstrip, formerly ET Raceway, Currently Wagler Motorsports Park, I'm guessing.

I never claimed to be a feetbraker, or anything else, and that ain't a home track for me.
I've won a race there, but only been there maybe 8 or 10 times.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1676 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Fern…KNOWS!

Your point?

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
says the nobody, the loser with a shytbox that was a no show at your home track years ago when the NJFBD came to town ran the table and cleaned house all 3 days!

LOL, I have no idea what event you are babbling about, but I can guarantee YOU didn't show up or do anything.

Goob knows!

Chicken Little doesn't show up to race, he rides on other people's coat tails. He can't compete because he's scared; he's the ultimate LOSER.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
GOOB I don't recognize any of those names. Was a small track with a river on one side of it. New Hope maybe?

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
B King what else you need to get you to the winner circle. I have my peoples Holy Moly

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
fern, it was definitely goober's home track and he was no where to be found.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
fern, it was definitely goober's home track and he was no where to be found.

Again......riding on others coat tails to do what you cannot do. You were nowhere to be found, because you are the Ultimate Loser.

Stop being scared; get out & competed, it should be easy for someone so smart as you.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
GOOB I don't recognize any of those names. Was a small track with a river on one side of it. New Hope maybe?

Graham's New Hope Dragway, AKA Speeds?

Dave Cook
N375