DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier drag bracket radials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier drag bracket radials
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I’m going to try a set of Hoosier drag bracket radials, anyone have any experience with them good or bad?

Posts: 235 | Location: Flanders,NJ USA | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I have a set but they won't fit on my car.
I've been running the M/T 29.5 x 10.5 PBR's and these Hoosier 29.5 x 10.5 DBR's are huge.

It's going to require that I notch my frame and alter the wheelhouses to get them on the car.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
I have a set but they won't fit on my car.
I've been running the M/T 29.5 x 10.5 PBR's and these Hoosier 29.5 x 10.5 DBR's are huge.

It's going to require that I notch my frame and alter the wheelhouses to get them on the car.

Hey Goob . Due to very limited pricy supply here I had thought of try those but worried about the extra 1"section width . Hearing you result I know they wont fit my Plymouth .Thanks .
PS I use the MT PBR and currently have the Hoosier 30x10.5R15 slick .Both on 10"rim though have used Hoosier on 8".

Tex

Posts: 62 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Next winter I'll do the frame notch and get some 10" wheels for them.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I’m on my second set of Hoosier DBR 28 x 9 after running dozens of sets of Hoosier and Goodyear 30 x 9 radials for over 20 years.

I don’t know that I can say the DBR has been revolutionary, as the other radials were always great for me. But they work well, the life is good, and I can use that little bit extra gear ratio from the shorter tire so I’m sticking with them.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Side note, I've had several sets of 9 x 30 bias slicks on my car, picked up a pair of Phoenix and couldn't even get them into the wheel openings, those things were like 97" rollout.

Dave Cook
N375