DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trans brake button on steering wheel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Trans brake button on steering wheel
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
Picture of novaX522
posted
Any pointers for mounting a trans brake button on the steering wheel with a factory column? This is in a 1970 elCamino.
I currently have the button mounted on the shifter. It would be a lot less of a reach on the wheel. I just don’t want to deal with the t.b. cord getting caught up in the factory steering column.


Rob Livingston
 
Posts: 645 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've done a dash mount type thing for a few people to the right of the steering wheel.


Denis LeBlanc

 
Posts: 805 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
I've done a dash mount type thing for a few people to the right of the steering wheel.


That's what I have in my Nova; a radio delete plate that also has an arm coming forward with a button mount. But Rob's street cruiser El CaTrucko surely has a radio in it.

I've never wanted buttons on the wheel, even in my dragsters. Not many other options in those, though.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 5844 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Install a two pole toggle switch and activate from horn button
 
Posts: 509 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of novaX522
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony, I’ll check out your setup next time you’re at CFR


Rob Livingston
 
Posts: 645 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trans brake button on steering wheel

© DragRaceResults.com 2026