Bracket Talk
Trans brake button on steering wheel

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/9087097307

October 06, 2026, 11:01 AM
novaX522
Trans brake button on steering wheel
Any pointers for mounting a trans brake button on the steering wheel with a factory column? This is in a 1970 elCamino.
I currently have the button mounted on the shifter. It would be a lot less of a reach on the wheel. I just don’t want to deal with the t.b. cord getting caught up in the factory steering column.


Rob Livingston
October 06, 2026, 03:13 PM
SP 124X
I've done a dash mount type thing for a few people to the right of the steering wheel.


Denis LeBlanc

October 06, 2026, 03:37 PM
Lenny5160
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
I've done a dash mount type thing for a few people to the right of the steering wheel.


That's what I have in my Nova; a radio delete plate that also has an arm coming forward with a button mount. But Rob's street cruiser El CaTrucko surely has a radio in it.

I've never wanted buttons on the wheel, even in my dragsters. Not many other options in those, though.


Tony Leonard
October 06, 2026, 06:58 PM
Top355x
Install a two pole toggle switch and activate from horn button
October 06, 2026, 08:14 PM
novaX522
Hey Tony, I’ll check out your setup next time you’re at CFR


Rob Livingston