DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Aluminum Rods - When and Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aluminum Rods - When and Why?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish he would go back to a dragster. Big Grin

Send him here. Get him on the right path lol

"What was i thinking" lol School of hard NOX.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

I wouldn't be afraid to run aluminum rods in my sbc, if I do the clearances.

That is awesome that you have figured out how to make them last and nobody else could!

So why don't you run aluminum rods? Hmmmm.

A hypothetical approach to aluminum rods, is the only thing I've described. Based on the fundamentals for bearing clearances (load carrying capacity, oil viscosity & flow)

Ultimately aluminum rods are a mixed bag, as I said. If I had to run aluminum rods, I wouldn't be afraid. I'd be confident. In the event a rod did break, I'd know, it wouldn't be for lack of effort or incorrect approach. It would be for the reason, aluminum rods are a mixed bag.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
Ed, I know what I myself would do. I will be turning 63 this month, and while I can and do still yank & replace engines, it is not something I go out of my way to do. My buddy is pushing 70, and I hate seeing him struggle with it, much less the disappointment on his face when this stuff happens. But it seems his opinion on connecting rod material is still held hostage by some article he read in a 1968 magazine article.

I’m with you, I’ll be 60 in a few months and you hit the nail on the head, that’s exactly why your buddy insists on aluminum rods, he’s stuck in a time and mindset he won’t let go and unfortunately for him, all the proof in the world won’t change his mind. So he’ll continue to break aluminum rods in his bracket engine.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
Ed, I know what I myself would do. I will be turning 63 this month, and while I can and do still yank & replace engines, it is not something I go out of my way to do. My buddy is pushing 70, and I hate seeing him struggle with it, much less the disappointment on his face when this stuff happens. But it seems his opinion on connecting rod material is still held hostage by some article he read in a 1968 magazine article.

I’m with you, I’ll be 60 in a few months and you hit the nail on the head, that’s exactly why your buddy insists on aluminum rods, he’s stuck in a time and mindset he won’t let go and unfortunately for him, all the proof in the world won’t change his mind. So he’ll continue to break aluminum rods in his bracket engine.

60 year old geezer claiming to want to fight everyone. Less than 5 8" tall, to boot.

The only way I'll come within 50 miles of any drag strip you're at Ed, is if you agree now, to put the gloves on under the safe.

I'd be afraid I'd crack your eye socket, and you'd call the law.

Agreed?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong BlahBlah

Taller than 5’-8” not wanting to fight anyone

That said grow a pair of balls, drag your pos out from retirement and put that junk in the other lane at Piedmont in November so I can hand you your azz on the track!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrong BlahBlah

Taller than 5’-8” not wanting to fight anyone

That said grow a pair of balls, drag your pos out from retirement and put that junk in the other lane at Piedmont in November so I can hand you your azz on the track!

You've called out more racers on the net for a fight, than Charlie Zelonoff, has boxers.

Quit lying.

So no prenup? Confused

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve called out the internet tough guys that can’t defend their advice, their opinion so they resort to mouthing off, calling me schoolyard names from behind their monitor who wouldn’t do it when I’m standing in front of them, that’s been proven more than once.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve called out the internet tough guys that can’t defend their advice, their opinion so they resort to mouthing off, calling me schoolyard names from behind their monitor who wouldn’t do it when I’m standing in front of them, that’s been proven more than once.

I've never seen anyone mouth off to you. It's always you doing the mouthing off.

Just because they don't take it to the track, doesn't mean they won't.

This is the reason for our prenup.

Prenup or no prenup? Yes or No?

I'm not going to any track your at, then have you turn around and shoot your mouth at me on the net saying, I didn't say anything at the track.

That won't happen.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You see what you want, haters gonna hate and I’m easy to find every weekend during the season. Ain’t skeered! You definitely ain’t “taking it to the track”

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you didn't check your clearances at operating temp, that's what your doing, guessing your clearances warm.

No, not guessing. I know what BOTH are....just like valve lash. I set mine cold. But I know EXACTLY it is at temp. I don't need an oven to set clearances.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1490 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
You see what you want, haters gonna hate and I’m easy to find every weekend during the season. Ain’t skeered! You definitely ain’t “taking it to the track”

I'm impartial, I've never seen anyone mouth off to you, except in response to you mouthing off first to them, Ed.

Prenup or no Prenup? Yes or No?

If I raced in your neck of the woods, the gloves would stay in the trailer.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, you see what you want, you’re a hater. Me, I just want to embarrass you and your junk with triple chrome plated bumpers. See you Piedmont Mikey. NahNahTounge

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, you see what you want, you’re a hater. Me, I just want to embarrass you and your junk with triple chrome plated bumpers. See you Piedmont Mikey.

No Ed, you're the 60 year old geezer who has called out more racers for fights, than Charlie Zelenoff has, boxers.

Only Charlie Zelenoff would put on the gloves, you won't.

If I raced with you in your neck of the woods, I'd offer you the gloves every time I saw you, not because I'm a hater, but to keep you honest.

As far as making an effort to race you, would mean I had a grudge against you, or thought there was some benefit in racing you. Like I already told you, i raced with some of the best in bracket racing weekly in Florida, you're like the fat chic in the pinto dial'd 8.19 I'd avoid, because there's nothing to gain and I'm not a bully..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
This must be what its like to watch 2 dudes ****ing.....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 710 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
This must be what its like to watch 2 dudes ****ing.....

That perspective would depend on, what's on your mind.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 329L:
This must be what its like to watch 2 dudes ****ing.....[/QUO

That funny shyt right there I don't care who you are.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4203 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:

Funnier than Ed beating you over the head with his drivers Wally? Confused

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, you see what you want, you’re a hater. Me, I just want to embarrass you and your junk with triple chrome plated bumpers. See you Piedmont Mikey. NahNahTounge

I decided to put Mike Retread in a time out for a few weeks and put him on the ignore list! I recommend this to all, he won't know what to do with himself!!!! Wink

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:

I decided to put Mike Retread in a time out for a few weeks and put him on the ignore list! I recommend this to all, he won't know what to do with himself!!!! Wink

Don't hate Libtard38.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:

Funnier than Ed beating you over the head with his drivers Wally? Confused

I will let you and Ed keep the beating his wally between the two of you.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4203 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post