DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New build for 2023
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New build for 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Who did the paint and body work?

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
Who did the paint and body work?

Euro Pro’s in Gaithersburg, MD.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Awesome build! It’s something to be more than proud of

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
Awesome build! It’s something to be more than proud of

Thank you. It’s been a long 2 1/2 years, I’m ready to get back out there and put it to use.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

Engine builder finished up. We made a small handful of pulls just to work on getting a solid baseline tuneup on the EFI.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
At this point the basic car wiring was close enough to done that I could power up and start testing circuits.

Throttle rod needed a little dog leg to clear the fuel rail.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

Ground stud on the back of the head, close quarters.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Now comes the part of the wiring that got a bit more stressful. Doing custom harnesses for the Holley Dominator EFI.

First is the coil harnesses.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Coils done, now time for the engine harness.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
The outside engine harness is last and the most difficult to look neat and orderly.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:
Engine builder finished up. We made a small handful of pulls just to work on getting a solid baseline tuneup on the EFI.

Do you know what target AFR worked best on the dyno? Curios as I've only viewed Holley GCF's using methanol. Bosch or NTK sensor?

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Do you know what target AFR worked best on the dyno? Curios as I've only viewed Holley GCF's using methanol. Bosch or NTK sensor?

On the dyno I know we were on the rich side. There were two oxygen sensors, one for the EFI, the other for a dyno gauge. Both read differently so we didn't really rely on them much for tuning since it was a different ECU and different oxygen sensors. I have the car setup for dual NTK sensors.

We will get into the refine tuning once we can get the car on a chassis dyno. The engine dyno doesn't load the engine the same and the tuneup is different. When we did the first fireup in the car we had to start taking fuel out for idle and part throttle.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Steering wheel wired up for t-brake and line lock.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Air inlet temp sensor.

Remote mounted Idle Air Control valve. My engine builder custom made the spacer to fit the intake plenum opening then machined it to be able to connect the remote IAC.

IAC is mounted hidden under the cowl panel.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine owns the crimp machine to make up braided lines. He came over to the house to help out with the plumbing. We used the Brown & Miller light weight turned down nut hose ends and the PTFE hose with aramid fiber braid.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remote mounted Idle Air Control valve. My engine builder custom made the spacer to fit the intake plenum opening then machined it to be able to connect the remote IAC.

What brand remote IAC is this? Did it come complete like shown?

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

What brand remote IAC is this? Did it come complete like shown?

I bought it from Kinsler Injection. Yes, complete as seen in the picture.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Car looks Badass...The Harshmans do some really cool stuff for sure..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Were you able to dyno the engine with those headers? I may have missed it...
Those collectors look like HP. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post