DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New build for 2023
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New build for 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:My cylinder head guy had the task of fitting/welding/porting the new intake. The cylinder heads have a two direction dowel shift done by BES many years ago, so this creates some work to get an intake to fit.

Once he was done the intake was sent to Switzer Dynamics to have the EFI injector conversion done.

I like this!! Nice choice!! What was the difference in engine performance switching from carb to mpfi.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bad to the bone car man, love it.

I had a 79 same color, amazing how long Ford stayed with this body style.

79 definitely the best choice for the nose, I think.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Is that a radial rear tire and what size? What rear diff ratio?

M/T 315 Pro on a 14” wheel. Car has a 4.11 gear at the moment.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:My cylinder head guy had the task of fitting/welding/porting the new intake. The cylinder heads have a two direction dowel shift done by BES many years ago, so this creates some work to get an intake to fit.

Once he was done the intake was sent to Switzer Dynamics to have the EFI injector conversion done.

I like this!! Nice choice!! What was the difference in engine performance switching from carb to mpfi.

Last time in the engine dyno it made 1130 Hp on q16. That was with titanium valves, an SV565 intake and a Book 1250 Holley.

This time the engine has stainless valves, and made 1150 hp on q16.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Super nice build.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Bad to the bone car man, love it.

I had a 79 same color, amazing how long Ford stayed with this body style.

79 definitely the best choice for the nose, I think.

This car started life as an 89 LX and I converted it to a 85-86 GT. Took a lot to pull off to get all of the special items like rear bumper, roof rail trim, sail panels & body moldings.

The 84 and earlier cars had the egg crate style grill.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
On par or above any build I’ve seen. Thanks for sharing. It’s nice to see quality work like this and how it’s done.

I think you chose the best color out of the renderings and you nailed the stance.

Thank you. The color choice was a very tough decision.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
Super nice build.

Thanks Mike.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

I never got around to plumbing the fire system during fabrication, so that's next. Using stainless hard line, just like the brake lines.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

Brake light switch assembly

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Finally, we make it to wiring...

I discovered the access for wiring in the back would be much better without the rear in the way, so...

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Line lock & left power window Deutsch plugs.

Holley Dominator ECU fuse by the batteries.

Engine compartment firewall pass through studs.

Rear firewall pass through studs, missing the boots.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Rewiring the M&M shifter neutral safety switch which is way too short as it comes.

Starter bump buttons.

Ferrules for the wire on the bump buttons.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Roughing wires in to the panel area.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I can tel you from experience that throttle body isn’t boost friendly, it will work but it will leak…. Just in case

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Very nice! I can tel you from experience that throttle body isn’t boost friendly, it will work but it will leak…. Just in case

No boost here, running all motor.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good, looks very nice

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
very Nice!!

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post