DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New build for 2023
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New build for 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Your a Legend in building cars and trailers Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Your a Legend in building cars and trailers Smile

Nah, there’s many, many good chassis builders across this country.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:

What was the RWHP ??

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

What was the RWHP ??

Don’t really know for sure, didn’t care as I was only there to load the car for tuning purposes. One screen I saw 960 hp, but don’t know if that was it or not.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
sweet

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Nice for sure

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to installing the new custom Kevlar diaper from DRE. This is my third DRE custom diaper and by far the most tailored fit. The first two were from when Dennis Taylor owned the company, this new one under the ownership of Mike Roth.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
This past weekend was the first real time I had the opportunity to get the car out in the sun since it's been assembled.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Choosing a color was probably the most difficult part of the build believe it or not. Went through man, many color choices and finally settled on this blue. This is a factory Ford color used in 1990 & 1991 called Bimini blue.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Working towards being ready to test in a couple weeks but still some small projects that keep creeping up.

Next up, injector swap.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
The reason for the injector swap is the original ones were just too large. When I ordered all the EFI parts, my dealer selected the injectors and at the time I didn't know enough to question it.

Those were Fuel Injector Clinic 1200cc/120 lb/hr. What we found with tuning was the injector was only running at 40-45% duty cycle at WOT. This makes the idle tuning quite difficult as they injector flow isn't linear and they become unstable down low.

The new injectors are an OEM design manufactured by Continental/Siemens/Deka. These are rated at 60 lb/hr and should have MUCH improved idle quality and atomization.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Of course with any change, there is often fitment issues. I wound up stealing the unused top spacers from the FIC injectors and had to machine down the bottom barrel on the lathe.

Conversion complete.

I already have a global file loaded in the ecu for initial firing. Weather permitting we will use the chassis dyno later this week to dial the tuneup back in.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The level of detail and precision is very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
The level of detail and precision is very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

Plenty of updates to come as we get the car to the track.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason for the injector swap is the original ones were just too large. When I ordered all the EFI parts, my dealer selected the injectors and at the time I didn't know enough to question it.

Here’s a Fuel Injector Calculator that I used with help from another to determine injector and fuel pressure for my NA engine and fuel type. There are several others on the web but liked the additional conversion calculators that this one includes.

Injector Calculator

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro_ET
posted Hide Post
Beautiful car Todd! If you don't mind me asking, did it NHRA Cert for 6.O? Off the top of my head, I remember less than 2800lbs.

Edit! So I started scanning through this LONG thread (mainly for the eye candy pics of this race car), and I found you haven't had it NHRA certified.

SO, I'll change my question to this; what "should" it certify to?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pro_ET,

Posts: 127 | Location: Div 3 | Registered: December 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post