DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    tbs250 baby blower
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tbs250 baby blower
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Beast.....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thurston:
Also, I would say it's a really good idea to have a double key way set up on the crank.

If you do not have a double keyway crank you drill and pin it. With that blower only making X boost and as long as you have your crank snout/damper fitted correctly you will be ok. Just out of curiosity, did your build sheet list the press fit number?

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
quote:
Also, I would say it's a really good idea to have a double key way set up on the crank.

If you do not have a double keyway crank you drill and pin it. With that blower only making X boost and as long as you have your crank snout/damper fitted correctly you will be ok. Just out of curiosity, did your build sheet list the press fit number?

I have seen single crank key ways sheared. It's pretty common to have double key ways on any blower application. Maybe not as important as with a 14-71 as with the baby but good insurance. I'm sure the proper press fit of the balancer is as important.

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A friend told me yesteerday that he tested his Oakley big inch baby blower combo in Florida this winter in his dragster. 4.29 best of with a lot of timing pulled on the hit and a 3000 rpm two step. 28 degrees of timing.
Neat stuff

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sc583
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
A friend told me yesteerday that he tested his Oakley big inch baby blower combo in Florida this winter in his dragster. 4.29 best of with a lot of timing pulled on the hit and a 3000 rpm two step. 28 degrees of timing.
Neat stuff

What pulley? Aluminum block?

Posts: 84 | Location: At Work | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc583:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Neat stuff

What pulley? Aluminum block?

I know they switched pulleys to go that fast, but I don't know which one nor did he say what the block was.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Intake atmosphere consistency. Wink

Can you explain by what you meant by "Intake atmosphere consistency" I have been looking a adding some of these turn out to my car, but for a different reason........I think!

I was referring to the intake side....when you have boost, you're bringing your own atmosphere, point being that a small blower, or controlled boost will be more consistent through ambient atmosphere changes.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wondering if people are port matching the manifolds to the heads with the tbs 250 blowers?
If so, is it worth any noticeable power/et?

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I did port mine when I got it because the intake looks so bad. I have no idea if it helped or hurt. Since I got it, i've wanted to do another motor with the same blower but on top of a better intake. An Indy or Royal Ram blower intake is so much better compared to the intake that comes with the kit, I think it would be worth some horsepower. I'm just not sure the juice is worth the squeeze because I already have enough.

TBS won't release the bolt spacing on the blower so you can easily build or have your own plate, I built a setback plate for my 250 so I could eliminate the adapter pulley between the blower pulley and the harmonic balancer, but i had to reverse engineer the bolt spacing on the blower which is possible, but wasn't necessarily fun.

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post